Avoiding

Destiny's Combination

Taecyeon's POV:

 

I know it may just be me, but... Is Yoona avoiding me or am I going crazy?

 

You see, it's not like the normal avoiding, where she just tries to just ignore my presence on Earth. No, it is a LITTLE better than that, but either way, I feel like my presence is almost like nothing to her right now.

Like, when I greet her and have a conversation with her. She would give me one of those forced smiles and say as little words as possible just to make life hard for me to continue the conversation.

Seriously, what did I do???

 

One day, while the girls were starting to practice their performance in the practice room for the festival. Of course, the boys were watching, checking for any mistakes and, of course, waiting for their turn to dance.

Soon, my eyes caught on Yoona. She was just sitting there, since... That was her part. Weird, huh? I was sure that she was going to be one of the girls dancing the most on stage, but it turns out, she had the least.

Crazy, huh? No? Well... For me it is.

 

--

 

After we all danced our parts, we sat down and started to talk about the performance.

 

"So, was it good this time?" Taeyeon asked before she took gulps of water out of her water bottle.

"It was really good!" Nickhun exclaimed with his smile.

"How about us?" Jay asked as he looked at all the girls.

At first, the girls exchanged glances, almost looking unsure of how to explain.

"Well...." Hyoyeon began. I promise you, all the boys' stares were directed towards her.

Her unsure expression turned bright and a huge smile was plastered on her face. "It's perfect!"

All the girls laughed while some of us boys took a breath or relief. "What did we get to deserve a scare like that?" Jay asked with a relieved smile.

"Well~ It could do a bit of payback for hiding something from us," Jessica stated as she stared at each one of us carefully.

"You really thought you could hide it from us?" Seohyun spoke up with a questioning look at us.

"What? What did we do?" Yonghwa asked. He looked at us and we all shook our heads... Except for Junsu.

"Junsu..." Taeyeon called with a tone that you just know that if you try to mess with her right now, let's just say it won't end well. Trust me, I know, because if she weren't like that during certain times, how could she maintain those girls from sneaking around? I heard from the boys that one if the boy's girl friend who comes to this school informs him no girl has ever tried to sneak on the boy's side because of SNSD, but more specifically Taeyeon. She can be strict if she wants to, I know. I can just tell.

 

He must have hard this rumor too, because he soon spat out the news. "I heard from one of the boys that he saw Taecyeon kissing another girl inside of a book store while he had an excuse to visit his sick mother."

"Wait, what?" Taeyeon questioned.

 

I looked at Yoona, which surprised me a little with the scene I was looking at. She had such a pained expression on her face when she overheard the conversation, but as soon as Yuri tapped her on the shoulder, that fake smile of reassurance appears on her face. 

I looked back at Taeyeon, who seemed to take the blow of the gossip hard. "Repeat that one more time."

Junsu was nervously fidgeting in place. "A boy saw Taecyeon kissing another girl inside a book store when he got to have an excuse for school to visit his sick mother." He soon added, "but that could just be someone who looked a lot like Taecyeon, right? I mean, when Taecyeon was outside of school, he was with Yoona the whole time..."

Taeyeon relaxed at first. "Oh yeah... He wouldn't do that when Yoona was there. Silly me."

"Unnie..." Seohyun called. "Come over here for a minute please. I need to tell you and the rest of the group something."

"Seohyun-ah.." Yoona called with a dangerous tone.

"Yoona Unnie, they'll have to know sooner or later."

"Well, tell them later. Stop making a fuss in front of the boys."

"Hey, we want to know too," Jay butted in.

Seohyun looked at him. "Ask Taecyeon over there." She looked back at Yoona. "PLEASE~?"

Yuri put her hand on Seohyun's shoulder. "If she can't say anything, then I will. We have to tell them about his 'friend from America' sooner or later."

"Then say it LATER."

Tiffany stood up from her chair and walked to Seohyun and Yuri. "I want to know now. Why? What happened? Why did you keep it from us?"

Yoona sighed. Deeply. "Alright, then we'll need to go somewhere else before you scream it out loud and just let the school hear it."

Taeyeon took her bag, looked at the boys and stated before leaving, "Well, we're going to leave early today. Bye!"

 

The girls took their bags, waved goodbye, and fast walked out of the school.

 

After about a minute of silence, the boys all looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What happened that day?" Nichkhun started interrogating. "Who's your 'friend from America'? What did you do to Yoona?"

"I didn't do anything. She's Bae Suzy... You remember her, right? It was that girl from the cafe that dropped her things and we all just started talking to eachother soon after. I didn't do anything to her, she's been slightly avoiding me these past few days for nothing."

Nichkhun thought for a moment before covering his face with both of his hands. "Are you that thick-skinned or are you just an idiot?"

I glared at him. "Hey!'

Yonghwa spoke up. "Nothing? Are you serious?"

Junsu snorted. "This is the first time to find someone more thick-skinned than me."

"Hey!" I yelled again.

Jay patted my shoulder. "You're joking right? Bae Suzy has had a crush on you from the very first time we talked to her."

Wooyoung started to speak. "Wait, don't tell me it was seriously you and Suzy kissing in the book store? I thought it was just a rumor! Since when did you take any interest in books, much less trying to read it?"

Junho slapped him in the back of the head. "It's not the time to . You're kind of right though, to bring it up. Did you and Suzy kiss? In front of Yoona?"

I felt my ears grow hot. "Err... Well..."

"Ok Taecyeon..." Nichkhun called with a tone slightly as dangerous as Taeyeon's. "Don't you dare lie."

"...Yes." I answered in a whispered tone.

"...What?" Sungmin asked, cupping his hands next to his ear so that he can hear better.

"YES!" I yelled into his ear.

 

The boys just stood there for a moment, taking in the information.

"How long?" Jay asked.

"What?" I asked, wondering if I heard wrong,

"How. Long." Jay asked again.

"Now's not the time to ask how-" Junsu started to say but got cut off.

"HOW THE FREAKING LONG, OK TAECYEON?" You could just tell he was getting irritated now.

"Um, I think about 15-30 seconds, but I swear, I was surprised with the kiss."

"...so it took you that long to react and pull back." Nichkhun added.

"Well, she was holding really ti-" I got cut off.

"It's a yes or no statement, Ok Taecyeon. Let me break it down. Nod for yes, shake for no."

I hesitantly nodded my head.

Nichkhun scoffed, "No wonder..."

"No wonder what?" I asked.

"No wonder Yoona avoided you. You're just so... Urghhh."

I gawked at him. "Yeah, well, thanks for the compliment."

He looked at me. "You seriously thought Yoona did that for nothing?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay, you may be fit physically, but I think you need to train your brain with thinking. You seriously have no idea and we get it with one explanation. Smooth, Ok Taecyeon. Smooth."

Jay shook his head. "I think you should rest in the dorms for now. You SERIOUSLY need to think this through."

"Why do I need to think this through? Besides, a kiss isn't like I committed a sin. It's not like she sees me more than a friend."

Yonghwa sighed deeply and grabbed my shoulders with either one of his hands. "Let me get this clear to you. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, she might, you know, be jealous? Do you get what I mean?"

"You mean she's jealous because she's just overly possessive or is on that time of the month?"

Jay slapped the back of my head really heard. "YOU THICK-HEADED IDIOT!!!! SHE. LIKES. YOU!!!"

 

 

 

"Whoa whoa WHOA, wait a minute... She likes me?"

 

 

- Taecyeon's POV Ends -

 


 

Muahhahahaha, I am going on hiatus just when it's almost at its !! :3

.... 

....

 

 

....

....

 

I'M SO SORRY, MY BELOVED READERS! I know, hiatus again? It's just that I still have those other stories to finish, personal issues, and just plain school. I know you might leave me because of me being such a bad author but...

 

 

I hope you guys don't leave me.... :< I love you all in an author-to-reader way.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading! Please understand. >~< 

11/09/13