15

JYP Ent New Girl group - Goddess

Running back and forth from mic to backstage, the girls were finally done with all the preparations. When the bell rang for assembly, the girls' hearts continued pounding in its spot, like how they felt on their debut stages last December.

" And we have a special guest! Rookies, Goddess! " One of student emcees said and cheering could be heard. 

" Ready? Goddess Hwaiting!! " The girls cheered before stepping onto the stage an performing their debut song, Hit U and another album song, Vista. 

After the last note was sung, the students of RGS applauded loudly and the members of Goddess bowed. 

" Now, can we have the girls of Goddess to introduce themselves? " The student emcee said and passed the mic to Hye Rae who was in the middle and sandwiched between the two tallest members, Areum and Soo Hye. Noticing the 10cm height difference, the students started giggling as the members held their laughter. 

" Hello, we are Goddess. We debuted from JYP Entertainment last year. I am leader Hye Rae! " The Korean leader tried her best to introduce in English. 

Hye Rae then passed the mic to SoA who was standing at the front. 

" Hi, RGS!! This is maknae, SoA. I hope you have enjoyed the little performance we did a while ago! " SoA introduced in fluent English before passing it to Areum.

" I think you guys will know me as Aphrodite Kim. I'm happy to be back in Singapore for my fanmeet with my members, and I hope my classmates will also attend tomorrow's fanmeet at Suntec City. " Areum introduced. Applaud could be heard once again and Areum passed the mic over to Soo Hye who introduced herself, so on so for.

After the introduction was Q&A session, where selected students were allowed to ask question to the girls. When the session started, numerous hands were raised up from all levels, from Secondary 1 to Secondary 4. 

" Areum, go to that girl. She seems eager to ask us questions. " Hye Rae pointed to the girl who was jumping up and down. 

Areum took the mic and went to the jumping girl. 

" Hello, what's your name and which level are you in? " Areum asked the girl who looked about 13. 

" Samantha Lee. I'm in Sec 1 this year." The girl said. 

" Okay, so what's your question Samantha? " Areum asked. 

" Do you all have any boyfriends? " Samantha asked and Areum coughed. 

" We'll let the leader answer this. Hye Rae?! " Areum called for the Leader who smiled. 

" Yes. We do. " Hye Rae hesitantly replied and more hands shot up as Areum continued to go around. 

" Let's take some questions from the upper secondary! " Areum said and she made her back to the back o the hall where the upper secondary students were. 

" Let's answer a question from this girl. " Areum walked towards a girl with red nerdy spectacles and a high ponytail. 

" What's your name and level? " Areum asked. 

" Kayla Wong. I'm in Secondary 3 this year. " Kayla answered, barely audible due to shyness.  

" What is your question? " Areum asked in a motherly tone. 

" How old is the leader this year? " Kayla asked and Areum smiled. 

" Oh Hye Rae! Your question again! " Areum called out to her leader who was irritate. 

" Ask Haerin!! " Hye Rae said.

" Haerin! Answer! " Areum demanded so simply and some classes of girls giggled at their unity. 

" Our leader is turning 21 this year. 22 in Korean age." Haerin answered.

Areum continued walking until she reached her class and she could clearly see Stephanie smiling at her. 

" Park Sarang. I know you want to ask. " Areum said with a roll of her eyes and Stephanie came bounding out.

" Areum, why didn't you go into SM, but JYP? " Stephanie smugly ask and Areum threw her a look. 

" Because my brother's there. " Areum replied and narrowed her eyes at Stephanie. 

Suddenly, Areum's mic was snatched away by the person who hated Areum to the guts. 

" Michelle Im Soyon. Secondary 4. My question is... " Michelle started and Areum bravely looked at her. 

" Who is your boyfriend and brother? " Michelle ended and Areum's eyes widened as Michelle passed the mic back to Areum. 

With hesitant hands, she took the mic and answered. " My brother is Exo-K's main dancer, Kai. My boyfriend is, " Areum looked around the hall and found Kai and Sehun looking at her with a nod. 

" My boyfriend is Exo-K's Oh Sehun. " Areum finished and Michelle's eyes turned to slit.

" It's a joke right. How could your boyfriend be my bias?! Michelle snarled. 

" He was my boyfriend even before his teaser and debut, Michelle. " Areum calmly said and immediately turned off the mic she was holding, as the school watched the two senior rivals going all out. 

" How do you know him before debut then?! " Michelle crossed her arms with a red face, and she didn't that both Sehun and Kai were looking at her, both equally almost angry. 

" I told you, my biolgical brother is Kai. They're both in the same group. I know everyone in EXO even before debut. " Areum bit her lip as she tried her best to stay calm and cool.

" Face it, Aphrodite. You and your little group is a whole lie. There is no way you're from JYP. You're not even pretty for goodness sakes! No beauty or talent, no height even! Why would JYP want you?! " Michelle falsely critisized. 

" No! You face it. Your beauty is fake! You went for plastic surgery to get a smaller nose and larger eyes. You can't even sing a proper C chord or without breaking glasses. So stop critisizing other people when you yourself is fake! I've had enough of your nonsense! " Areum finally broke apart. 

The members on stage even looked at Areum in surprise. " Little Miss-pure-and-innocent finally broke out of her shell by being angry. " Soo Hye commented and the other members silently giggled.

" And no height? Might I remind you, you're shorter than me by ten centimeters. Even while barefooted. My natural height is 174 centimeters. I have my managers here, Michelle. Watch what you say. " Areum said.

" 174cm? That is surely inclusive of your 5 inch heels. " Michelle said scornfully.

Wanting to prove that she's taller, Areum took off her heels and she was really taller than Michelle, that the latter had to look up.  

" And Sehun is not my boyfriend? " Areum wore her shoes and went back to the stage and connected her phone to the projector, such that a recent picture of her and Sehun together showed up. It was on the night Haerin was introduced to the rest of the members.

" Is this why you were home late that night? You were with my sister? " Kai asked and Sehun sheepishly looked away. 

Turning on the mic, Areum directed the question to Michelle. 

" Enough proof?! Or do you want more?! " Areum coldly spat. Michelle lifted her chin, as if to challenge her. 

" PHOTOSHOPPED! " Michelle shouted and Areum bit her tongue.

Walking backstage towards Sehun, she tugged on his arm. 

" I can't lose to her. Not anymore. I've had enough of her, even after six months. " Areum said while holding onto both her boyfriend and brother's hand. 

" We'll help. I can't bear my baby sister to be humiliated anymore. " Kai said and went up on stage, followed by Sehun and Areum. 

The moment they appeared on the stage, screaming could be heard as they recognised both the EXO members.

" Short, huh?! I bet you're short than my sister!! " Kai barked at Michelle who stood rooted.

" Photoshop? I even have the same picture of both of that same night. So don't spread useless rumors, Im Soyon. Is your elder sister Yoona? " Sehun asked and Michelle hesitantly nodded. 

" Are you afraid of her? " Kai asked and she nodded. 

" We'll be reporting this to her. We have to go now, we have to prepare for tomorrow's fanmeet. " Sehun self declared before dragging his girlfriend out of the hall and Michelle sat back down, pale. 

---

" Thank you so much! " Areum bowed to her her brother and boyfriend who were alarmed. 

" I really couldn't stand her anymore. Thank you. " 

They were now at the gates of the school, waiting for the vans t come pick them up back to their respective hotels. 

" Don't worry. Oppas will be here for you. Right, maknae? " Kai slung his arm over Sehun’s shoulder and the latter nodded.

“ Thank you. “ Areum said once more and the managers appeared, again.

“ Rehearsal time!! The girls will follow me to practice, the boys will go back to the hotel. “ Manager unnie said and everyone groaned, knowing that they will be separated again.

“ You will see each other tonight! Let’s go! “ Manager unnie said and went away.

“ Areum! “ A voice called out.

Areum turned around and saw Sarang running towards her.

“ You did great standing up to Soyon a while ago. I’ve been wanting to tell her off for sometime. “ Sarang complimented.

“ It’s fine. She’s a pain in the neck. You going to the fanmeet tomorrow? “ Areum asked and Sarang nodded.

“ Wouldn’t miss it for the world. “ Sarang said.

“ AREUM! “ Hye Rae called out.

“ Duty calls, Sarang. See you tomorrow! “ Areum hugged Srang before sprinting off to her leader.