Junhyung's Past (Part 2)

Trapped With The Living

 

I blinked a few times, looking at Junhyung. He remained silent and kept on staring at the wall. Finally he turned to me, sensing that I was being too quiet.

“What happened then?” I asked when I finally found my voice.

“Like I said, we so called fight. We’re both scared of what might happen next and how we’re going to live if somethings.. you know.. change,” he said.

He zoned out for awhile and then look at his fingers. “And yeah. She did get pregnant,” he said softly and sighed. I would usually in to say my own comments and opinions but this time I chose to remain silent.

“I really didn’t know what to do. She end up not talking to me anymore. Every night I would hear her cry silently and it just hurts me you know? I was so distracted from my thoughts,” he said, shaking his head to himself.

“Car crash,” I just said and he nodded solemnly.

He took a really deep breath and looked up. And then he turned to me, smiling. “I told you my life is boring,” he laughed slightly.

“Come on, let’s change the topic. Its getting hot in here,” he added, fanning himself with his hand.

“Do you know anything that I don’t about Heather?” I asked seriously.

“Hm? I don’t think so. Why?” he said. He sounded innocent. As if he really had nothing to hide.

“When I said to use Heather’s name your expression changed for a second before you smiled. And Heather. How did she find the article about you? It’s like 20 years ago!” I said.

He scoffed. “I don’t know.  Why not you ask her?”

“And the name?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Oh.. Um.. I wasn’t expecting you to make me use the name of the girl you like. So yeah..” he said with lesser confidence.

“Am I your friend?” I ask suddenly.

“What are you saying Yoseob-ah.. Of course you are. No scratch that. You’re more than just my friend. You’re like my brother,” he said.

“Then why are you hiding things from me? I really want to know. And I know you’re hiding quite a couple of things from me right now,” I said, looking straight at him in the eye.

“Then can we lie down? I feel quite stress talking about my own life,” he said, lying down on the bed and gesturing for me to lie beside him. I just followed.

“You see.. Heather..” he said, taking my hand and playing with my fingers.

“Heather looks like her. She reminds me of her,” he said.

“The Heather in your story?” He nodded. No wonder..

“Skye,” he suddenly said, breaking the silence.

“Huh?” I asked cluelessly.

“The Heather in my story.. Her name is Skye,” he explained.

“Ahh.. Such a nice name..” I commented.

“So is the person..” he said softly.

 

We fell asleep after awhile and were woken by the ringing sound indicating lunch. Junhyung did not talk much. He’s always zoning out as if thinking about something really heavy. I shouldn’t have brought up the topic. Not because he’s not talking much now. But because Junhyung is sad. Sad thinking about his Skye.

When I was eating, he wasn’t even looking at me eat. He was just staring at the table. Just then, I got an idea. I tapped his hand and he looked up.

“Shall we look for her?” I asked, smiling.

“Huh?” he asked blurly.

“Shall we look for Skye and see how she’s doing now?” I said.

“No!” he shouted suddenly. My eyes widened, shocked by his reaction.

“I mean, no. We can’t. Don’t do that,” he said.

“Why not? At least you can feel better after knowing how she’s doing now,” I said.

“You’re in here and no one can see me except you. How do you expect us to find her?” he said.

Aish.. that’s true. “Eat. You’ll not have time to finish it later,” Junhyung said after feeling somewhat relieved that we’re not going to find Skye. Why???

~

It comes the day again when I’m meeting Heather. I’m more looking forward to it than ever because I ran away from her the last time we met. When I came back, she was already with another patient. And I also wanted to ask how she got the article.

“Annyeong!” I greeted and waved happily at her. She just smiled and returned my greeting.

“So how is everything?” she asked and I know she meant my relationship with Junhyung.

“Everything is fine now,” I smiled. She just nodded.

“Heather, can I ask you something? Where did you find that article that you showed me last week?” I asked.

She chuckled. “Well actually I’m not supposed to take it. I was looking for my papers but I couldn’t find it. So I thought my mum accidentally kept it. She allowed me to check her files because I didn’t believe her.” She smiled.

“I found that article in one of her files. I remembered you said your friend’s name is Junhyung but I don’t know the surname so I just show you to give it a try,” she explained.

“So that article was your mother’s?” I said, feeling very anxious. Could she be..? I looked around me to make sure Junhyung wasn’t around. He didn’t want to follow me coz he said Heather reminded him of Skye.

“Yup. But I’ve already returned it to her,” she said smiling.

“Heather, I know this is weird but what is your mother’s name?” I asked curiously. My heart was beating faster and faster. Who knows I might already find her for Junhyung? He must be thrilled!

“Haneul,” she said. My face dropped. So its not her.

 

Sorry for another short chappie! Coz I wasn't planning on doing double updates. Its just that just now I got busy with the guests and I was too excited to post the chapter I''ve done. So this is like the other half. Keke^^ And also I want to keep the suspense. :D

Oh and if you think this story is becoming Junhyung focused, trust me, its not. :)) And yay! I have my 'sense of direction' as to where this story is going already! :D