Buried Sorrow

Trapped With The Living

 

The next few days were as normal as the first time I got into this place 3 years ago. Junhyung had always liked skinship so the touches here and there was not the effect of our kiss that time and hence my indirect confession. The effect of it is that his lips are somehow magically attracted to me. I’m not even kidding.

When I’m eating, he’s no only looking at me. he would take my hand, caressed it and leave a kiss or two at the back of my hand. When we’re walking side by side around the hospital, he would hug me by the waist and leave small kisses on my shoulder. I should feel irritated. I should feel annoyed. But I wasn’t. I love every kisses he gave. I feel loved and cared for. Its as if he doesn’t want to lose me instead of the other way round. It makes me forget about his unfinished business but the fact that I know it makes me forget about the unfinished business, it means I didn’t actually forget about it. Life is just so weird.

“I got good news!” Heather said cheerfully as I sat infront of her.

“What is it?” I beamed from ear to ear. Its rare for me to get good news so I’m excited no matter what the news is.

“I got the permission to bring you to my wedding! Isn’t that great??” she said, clapping her hands.

My mouth dropped opened. “Really?? This is not a dream right? You’re not lying right?” I confirmed with her.

“I’m not! This is real Yoseob-ah..” she smiled. I can’t believe it. After years being cooped up in this place, I can finally go out. Although its not forever, but still.

“Thank you so much Heather. Seriously no words can describe how thankful I am. Thank you,” I bowed continously to her and she just chuckled.

“That’s what friends are for right? Besides, I really want you to be there. I don’t really have that much friends so it’d be great if you can be there,” she said smiling.

I nodded excitedly. I turned to Junhyung who appeared to be very happy but he didn’t say anything. He was just smiling like a proud father.

“So I would bring you out a day before the wedding okay? You can stay at my house for the night and the wedding will be the next day!” she said excitedly.

“Is it troublesome for you? I mean, with me staying at your place and all…” I said.

“Of course not! Besides I don’t have any other siblings so its nice to have someone to talk to when I’m all stressed up for the wedding the next day,” she chuckled.

“You don’t have any siblings?” I asked trying to cover the surprised tone in my question.

“Nope. Just me and my mum!” she grinned. You know what that means Junhyung.

“Your dad?” I asked curiously.

“He died of heart attack few years back. So its just me and mum now,” she said. I simply nodded.

~

After my session with Heather, I was about to go back to my room when Daniel stopped me and told me that the in-charge of the mental hospital wanted to see me in her office.

I was never called to the office before. The first and last time I was there was when my parents sent me here. I was quite nervous as I walked to the office even when Junhyung is beside me.

"Don't be scared. You didn't do anything wrong.." Junhyung said. I just took in slow breaths and nodded.

I knocked on the door and opened the door. "Aren't you supposed to wait for her to answer first?" Junhyung said.

"Oh!" I didn't want to appear as rude so I was about to step out and close the door again when the lady inside stopped me.

"Come in come in!" she said in a welcoming tone.

I closed the door quickly and took a seat infront of her as she smiled at me. Okay maybe its not that bad.

"How are you Yoseob?" she asked.

"I'm....okay..." I said. I'm still quite unsure how to respond since its my first time meeting her.

"Well let me just get straight to the point. Your parents had not been paying your fees for almost 3 months now. And they are uncontactable," she started.

"Fees?" I asked.

"Yes fees. Anyone that is being sent in here is not for free. There are fees that need to be paid since we are basically taking care of you and providing you shelter," she explained.

"Ohh.." I just nodded. So does it mean they actually care about me? But they hadnt't been paying.. Maybe they have moved on with their lives now.

"Good news is, you are actually already sane as stated by Ms Heather Lee. But if you are discharged, you still have to go to several counselling sessions," she said.

"Bad news?" I dared to ask.

She sighed and looked down at some papers on her desk. "I know you are still young Yoseob.. But if no one is paying for your fees here, you cannot stay here any longer. There are some welfares or orphanage that you can go to if you can't find a place to stay yet."

"But I don't have any qualifications. How can I find a job, what more a place to live?" I said. This is the second time I felt abandoned by my parents. Why is this happening to my life? I felt Junhyung holding my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"That's why you can live at the welfare house for awhile. Till your life is more stable, you may move out and find your own place," she said reassuringly.

My lips formed a slight pout as I felt my lips quivering. I felt like a ball being passed around here and there. Its as if I'm homeless without any relatives or parents when in fact I actually do have.

“If that is all, can I go now?” I asked. If I’m going to cry, I don’t want to be crying here. Let me just get back to the sanity of my room.

The lady smiled sadly and nodded. Without another second to waste, I went out of the room and speed walked to to my room. I slammed my door close and sat on the bed with my legs propped up and I buried my face on my knees. Tears started flowing down like the river and I sobbed hard. I felt Junhyung sitting close to me and pulled my body close to his as he my back, making hush sounds to calm me down.

“I’m here.. Anywhere you go, I’ll always be with you. Don’t worry okay?” he said softly.

“I’m.. I’m being passed.. passed around… As if.. as if I don’t deserve to live…” I said in between my hard sobs.

Junhyung hugged me tighter and caressed the back of my head, patting my back.

“Shh.. Don’t say that.. Everyone deserve to live. You’re special Yoseob. And you’re important to me,” he said. I cried harder at his words and buried my face on his chest.

Junhyung remained silent, just being there for me trying to comfort me. I know all I need is Junhyung by my side but being reminded again that I’ve been abandoned by my parents just made my heart ache. Made all the tears and sorrow I’ve buried deep inside me pour out like rain. I am a child afterall. No matter how I say I don’t need my parents anymore because they have abandoned me, I still miss them. I still consider them as my parents.

 

Its been months huh... Wow.. This fic is about to end actually. So I was thinking how to go to the ending. So it won't leave you guys confused :P 

But anyways, I deeply apologise for not updating and still stay subscribed :) I love you guysssss <33

So what do you think would happen to Yoseob? :(

And on a side note, I was thinking of doing a short story (prob ard 4-5 chaps) about Skye and Junhyung after this fic ends. Tell me what you think kay? :))

image