Do you want to know..?

Trapped With The Living

“Jun.. Junhyung wake up,” I said, tapping Junhyung’s arm lightly. I fell asleep after he had slept but then was awaken by the loud bell that indicates dinner time.

 

He groaned and shifter around on the bed, frowning. “Come on.. I don’t want to be late for dinner..” I pleaded.

“Then go. I’m not hungry,” he said, breaking his hug from my body. Well you don’t eat anyway.

“Yah.. I don’t want to eat alone,” I said, patting his arm again.

“There’s a lot of people around you Yoseob-ah. You’re not alone,” he murmured and his lips.

I pouted. “You know I don’t eat with them. Yah wake up..”

He sighed slightly and sat up and I did the same. I was standing up from my bed about to go out, when I realized his eyes were still closed and he was just sitting on the bed.

“Yah!” I shouted, smacking his back.

“You want me to wake up right? I’m awake. I’m just closing my eyes,” he grinned with his eyes closed.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him up roughly. “Junhyung… get up… get up pleaseee… Get up~” I begged him, pulling on his arm. He chuckled and opened his eyes slowly, looking at me.

“Arasso…” he stood up and slung his arm over my shoulders, head=locking me. I just giggled, holding onto his arm as we went out of the room.

One great thing about being in a mental hospital is that the people around don’t care about how you act. Like if they see me giggling right now, holding to nothing but thin air, they won’t throw me confused or horrified looks. They would just look, and turn away.

We went into the so called cafeteria- basically the only place where we can eat- and sat at our usual place. There are rows of long tables along with benches-again all in white- and patients just sit wherever they like with whoever they want. Our place is at a long table in the middle, near to the aisle. I took my food and Junhyung sat across me.

As I was about to eat, one of the patients were sitting beside Junhyung but too near that he was almost sitting on him. Junhyung moved to the side uncomfortably.

“Yah! Can’t you see my friend sitting here?!” I shouted at the patient. He was shocked by my outburst and bowed countless of times, apologizing to me. Then he turned to Junhyung’s direction and bowed, apologizing as well. He scooted further away and started eating his food hungrily. I just frowned looking at him.

“Yah.. It’s okay. People can’t see me. Thanks for telling him though,” Junhyung said, placing his hand over mine, caressing it softly with his thumb.

I turned to him and he gave me a small smile. I’m just so upset that people can’t see Junhyung. But at least that guy apologized to Junhyung even though he can’t see him.

I smiled back and started eating my dinner. He just sat there, looking at me eat. At first it felt uncomfortable but after years of being with Junhyung, I don’t mind. It’s actually quite nice being paid attention to even when you’re just eating.

“Don’t you ever wonder what I am?” Junhyung asked suddenly. I stopped eating and looked up at him. He was tilting his head to the side with his eyebrow arched.

“No. Why does it matter anyway?” I answered simply but frowning slightly.

“I mean, people can’t see me. Don’t you wonder why?” he said again.

I dropped my spoon on the plate and stared at him. “Are you leaving me?” I asked seriously.

He laughed slightly. “No. Of course not,” he said.

“Then why are you asking all this?? You have been with me for years and now you’re asking if I wonder what you are? I don’t care. Whatever you are, you’re still by my side. That’s what’s important,” I said.

He smiled what I see as sadly, and looked down on the table. “But you can’t be in here forever right?” he said.

“WHY NOT? I DON’T HAVE ANYONE OUT THERE! WHY SHOULD I GO OUT??” I shouted, standing up. Only some were looking at me while others were used to screaming out of a sudden. Tears were just threatening to flow out but I held it in.

“Hey hey.. relax.. sit down. If not they will inject you like last time. Come on.. sit..” he coaxed me, tugging on my arm.

I sat down angrily and frowned at him.

“I’m not leaving you and you’re not going to be alone okay? I won’t ask again. I promise,” he said softly, my arm.

I pouted and turned my head away like a child throwing temper when he’s not given the candy he asked for. Without me knowing, tears flowed down my cheeks easily.

“Don’t cry.. Seobbie I’m sorry..” he said, wiping my tears. Yes I am a very sensitive guy especially when it involves Junhyung.

I sobbed a few more times and then turned my attention to my food. I know he’s looking at me but I don’t want to look up. I just pick on my food, staring at it.

“Do I have to?..” I asked softly, still not looking up.

“Have to what?” he said.

“Have to know..what you are..” I said softly, almost unheard.

He remained silent for awhile. “No. you don’t have to if you don’t want to,” he said.

I nodded once and looked up. “Then I don’t want to.” I smiled and acted as if everything was normal and went back to eating my dinner.

 

We were asked to go back to our rooms and as usual, some of the patients threw tantrums being the difficult ones. While the nurses were attending to them, Junhyung and I walked casually to my room. Its kinda boring leading a life like this. But for me, as long as you have a true friend, you can overcome anything.

 

 

Another short chapter. Sorry.. But like I said, this is my so called 'free' fiction so I don't have to think so hard about it. Keke^^ I want to post the next chapter about Yoseob's past. Should I just start or make it looks like he was thinking back about it? Leave your comments yeah? :D