Warning

Trapped With The Living

 

“Wae?” Heather asked.

“Oh nothing. I’m just curious why your mother has that article. I mean it’s a very old article. Why would she keep it right?” I said.

She nodded. “True.. Hmm.. Why not I try asking her about it and see what she has to say? I’ll tell you during the next session,” she said smiling.

I nodded excitedly. “That’ll be great! Thank you so much Heather!” Without realising, I leaned forward to hug her. I thought she would push me away but she hugged me back. We broke away and I couldn’t help but smile sheepishly.

“Thank you,” I said, not looking at her.

“Again?” She chuckled.

“Thank you for giving me the hug. I’ve not been hugged for years..” I said, looking up slightly.

“Anytime,” she said smiling.

She took a pen and paper and scribbled something on it. I just waited and she gave the paper to me when she was done. “This is my number. If you want to find out sooner, you can give me a call,” she whispered, shoving the paper in my hand.

“Don’t give it to anyone. I trust you Yoseob,” she added softly. I took the paper and kept it in my pocket, nodding to her.

After our session I skipped back to my room. To my surprised, Junhyung was there sitting on my bed. “Good time?” he asked as I closed the door behind me.

I just grinned at him.

 

The next day I was quite anxious to know if Heather had asked her mother. I know she might be busy but I just want to know. And also hear her voice.

Junhyung was still sleeping when I woke up. Slowly, I moved his hand from my waist and tried to slowly sit up. Suddenly I felt Junhyung shifted slightly

“Yoseob? Where’re you going?” he asked sleepily. I quickly lay back down and faced him, hugging him close to me as I snuggled my head on his chest.

“No where. I’m sleeping. Sleep sleep!” I told him. I can tell he was quite confused but was too sleepy to care. Once his body relaxed, I tried to shift carefully from him again. I glanced at Junhyung and his eyes was still closed.

I sat up slowly and was about to stand when Junhyung grabbed my hand. “Yoseob-ah.. Where are you going..?” he asked, his voice clearer than before.

I cleared my throat and turned to him. “Just the toilet. Its okay you can sleep..” I patted his upper arm.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You’re hiding something. I thought you say we shouldn’t hide anything,” he said making me feel so guilty. I bit my lip and sat cross legged on the bed, facing him. I played with my fingers as he propped himself up with one elbow, facing me.

“I was.. going to call Heather..” I said softly.

“Call? She gave you her number?” he asked. I nodded.

“Then why must you hide from me?” he said. I gulped. I know Junhyung will be really angry because he said we shouldn’t look for Skye. But he said its because we can’t do it. If Heather can help, maybe we can.

“Promise me you won’t be angry? Please..” I pleaded, looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

He frowned slightly with a little bit of curiousity but eventually nodded. “I promise. No matter how angry I will get, I won’t scold you. I promise. What is it?” he said calmly.

“I told Heather to ask her mother why she kept the article of you. She said it was her mother’s. I thought she was Skye but her name is not Skye. So I wanted to ask Heather if she had asked her mother..” I trailed off. I didn’t dare to look at Junhyung. He was quiet. He didn’t say anything for some time and I just waited. Finally I heard him sigh.

“Are you angry?” I asked carefully, looking at him. He sat up and faced me. as I brought my head up, he looked at me.

“Yoseob-ah.. do you want me to disappear?” he asked.

I shook my head in horror. I never want Junhyung to disappear. He’s all I’ve got.

“Then promise me you won’t find Skye. Let this be the last time Yoseob. Whatever Heather says next week, you just keep in mind and let it go. Don’t ask her anymore things that is related to me or Skye. Just... enjoy your time with her,” he said. I looked down, biting my lower lip. He brought his hand up and my hair.

“If you do it again, I swear I will disappear from your sight Yoseob,” he warned me. With just that, I started crying softly. I know I was wrong. But I didn’t think it would be this serious.

“Can I ask you one last question? After this I promise I won’t ask anymore,” I said in between my sobs. He nodded and wiped my tears gently with his thumb.

“Don’t you want to see Skye again?” I asked. We stared at each other; me waiting for his response.

“No,” he said firmly, not looking away from my eyes. I’m dying to ask him why and other questions related to his answer but I’ve promised that it’ll be my last question. And my last it shall be.

I just nodded. Honestly, I was disappointed with his answer. I thought Skye meant everything to him. Doesn’t he miss her at least a little? Don’t he want to see if his child has grown up? Why? Because he’s dead?

“So! That’s the end of the q&a session! Now its time to wait for breakfast!” he said cheerfully- far opposite from his previous tone.

“If someone didn’t wake me just now I would have slept more!” he said, frowning and crossing his arms.

I pouted. “Mianhe..”

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Its okay. I shouldn’t be sleeping too much anyway..”

 

Helloooo~ I think I'm better at posting short updates. Keke^^ Like I've said and hopefully will be the last time, this is my FREE fic. It means I don't have to care if the chapter is long or short. Suprisingly Ive been getting more subs than i imagined. Keke thank you!! <33 I don't update long chapters but I update frequently! So its the same right? :P

Oh btw, just FYI, I cried writing this chapter because I know the reason why Junhyung don't want to find Skye.. (duh.. im the author)

And all of you are tyring to become investigators already! Let's see if you can investigate more! keke^^

image