Leaving

Trapped With The Living

 

Junhyung’s eyes widened upon hearing what Skye just said. Somehow, I wasn’t too surprised.

“Does Heather know?” I asked.

She shook her head. “Please don’t tell her Yoseob.. Please..” she pleaded, holding my hand. I just nodded. She must have her own reasons for not telling Heather and I respect it.

“Why Jun.. Why did you leave me? You leave us..” Skye said softly, almost begging.

“People said it was an accident. Was it really? Or did you..” she added.

“No! I would never end my own life! It didn’t even cross my mind to leave you alone especially in your condition. Skye I love you..” Junhyung exclaimed suddenly as if Skye could hear him directly.

“Junhyung said he would never end his own life and it didn’t even cross his mind to leave you alone. He loves you,” I said to Skye. I’ve never seen Junhyung cry. And it hurts me just seeing it.

She just nodded briefly. “Is that why you’re still here? Because you wanted to see how I am now?”

“Honestly, I’m not sure Skye. I don’t know why I’m still here. But since you’re the last person I thought of before I die, I think that might be it. Seeing you happy and surviving now is my unfinished business,” Junhyung said.

I delivered the message word for word to Skye. So he’s here because he had to see her? Now that he has, does it mean..

“I’m surviving Junhyung. But I’m not as happy as I am when I was with you. I still think of you. The last picture I have of you is that article. I look at it every night. I really.. really miss you..” Skye said in between her sobs.

I looked at Junhyung and he tried to touch her hand but his hand just went through hers like air. Junhyung cried harder and bit his lip in frustration. He tried again and again but failed. Eventually he covered his face in his palms, crying onto them.

“Junhyung touched your hand Mrs Lee,” I tried to help.

She chuckled faintly. “He did?” She sighed.

“I wish I can see you Jun..” she said. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Heather walked in.

“Omma, Yoseob’s 1 hour is up..” her voice trailed off when she saw her mother crying in front of me. she rushed to her side and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Omma, what’s wrong? Why are you crying??” she asked frantically. Skye just shook her head, smiling to show that she was fine. She wiped her tears and turned to me.

“Yoseob dear, thank you so much. For everything. If time allows it, we shall meet again,” she said, shaking my hand slightly. She stood up with some help from Heather and was about to walk away when she looked at the space beside me, where Junhyung sat. She pursed her lips as if trying to control her tears. With that, she walked away. I could see Junhyung’s reaction when she looked at him. He was looking up at her while sitting down just dying for her to see him. His expression was desperate, sorrowful.

Heather led her mother out and I walked out after awhile later. I bumped into Heather while going back to my room.

“Yoseob, what is my mother’s relationship with Junhyung? Do they know each other?” she asked softly.

“I’m not sure either. I just passed some messages from Junhyung to her. I don’t understand what they were talking about,” I lied smoothly. Usually I can’t lie. Especially to Heather. But for Junhyung and Skye, I tried my very best and prepared myself in case Heather asked.

She pouted to the side and looked down, deep in thought. “I’ll go back now. See you next week Heather,” I said with a smile and walked away.

 

As I sat in my white room in silence, I thought to myself. Is Junhyung going to leave me now? Am I going to be alone? He already met Skye. His unfinished business. The thought scared me enough to make me cry. Junhyung who was zoning out beside me from the time we stepped into the room turned to me.

“Why are you crying..?” he asked, putting his arm across my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. Out of a sudden sadness changed to anger. I pushed him aside and stood up from the bed, looking at him.

“You lied to me! You said you would never leave me! You lied!” I shouted angrily. Junhyung was clearly shocked by my outburst but then his expression changed to a regretful one.

“I’m sorry Yoseob… That’s why I told you not to look for Skye.. I’ve told you..” he said softly, looking down.

“But you didn’t say you would leave me! You promised you would be with me forever! Liar! You’re a liar!” I shouted endlessly, pointing to him.

“Yoseob.. don’t shout.. Please.. They would use the jab on you.. I don’t want you to get hurt..” he pleaded.

“I don’t care! I’m already hurt! I’m in this stupid place because of you! I lost my family because of you! But I don’t care because you said you won’t leave me! You lied! You lied Junhyung!” I breathe heavily, my chest rising up and down feeling all the rage in me. I’ve never felt so angry. But why am I angry? Its my fault. I’m the one who find Skye when Junhyung clearly told me not to. Am I angry with myself instead but taking it all on Junhyung?

The door burst open and 3 guys in white uniform rushed in. Two of them pinned me on the bed and the other took out a long jab. I struggled to get away but they were strong. I hate getting jabs the most. It scares me even.

“No! No! I don’t want it! No!!!” I shouted, kicking my legs in the air. I started crying because I was so scared. I felt a hand over my closed eyes and the other my chest gently.

“I’m here.. I’m here.. Just think of ice creams, rainbows, happy things. Think of the happy times you had with Heather. Think of the time we had a good laugh when one of the new patients couldn’t fit into the white shirt he was given because he was too fat,” he chuckled. I didn’t realised I’ve stopped struggling and the weight on both my arms were lifted. I opened my eyes to find the three guys walking out of my room, closing the door behind them.

My eyes started to feel heavy and my head was light. As my eyes was closing, I managed to see Junhyung sitting beside me. He smiled sadly.

“Sleep now Yoseobie.. Everything is going to be okay…” His voice started to get distant. My eyes closed and I drifted off to dreamland.

 

Sorry I've not been updating this! I've been neglecting all my fics actually. But hopefully I'll get back on it fast. :)) Btw did you see Yoseob on Mnet Voice Kids? He's so cuteeee!!!! Well when is he ever not? :P

tumblr_mg2wqd1q0J1r0gyhco5_r4_250.gif tumblr_mg2wqd1q0J1r0gyhco6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mg2s4lyXPE1rjy0kxo1_500.jpg

HE'S JUST SO FREAKING CUTE WITH THE THREE THROPHIES!!^^