A typical day

Trapped With The Living

 

This may be the only time I'm going to make Heather's POV. Coz its a Yoseob story not a 'you' story. Ots just to show what Heather actually saw when Yoseob is with Junhyung. :)

 

Heather’s POV

Yoseob walked into the room quickly and closed the door behind him. He was walking to me when suddenly he laughed to himself and turned. He opened the door again, stepping aside and closed it again. He was backfacing me, talking to himself.

“You can go in yourself! Who’s the brat here huh?” he said, laughing.

Suddenly he turned to me. “Fighting again?” I asked.

He smiled sheepishly and sat infront of me. I just smiled at him. He glared to his side for a second and looked back at me. If I was new here, I would have freaked out by every one of his actions. But I’ve known Yoseob for 3 years. I thought he’s mental like every patient here. But I’m not sure. Something tells me he’s not.

“How are you Yoseob?” I asked, smiling.

“I’m good. But Junhyung here seems to be more annoying than ever,” he said, glancing to his side.

I just laughed. It’s interesting how he can talk so easily about something or rather someone that is not there. If he’s not mental, then I guess he has a really strong imagination.

“So how was everything today? Any new things?” I asked, wanting to know if he had changed.

He shook his head. “Can’t think of any. Wake up, wash up, eat, walk, sleep. That’s all I will ever do here.”

I nodded and wrote the usual information that the hospital wants to know on my clipboard. There’s really nothing that they should know. Everything is normal to me. But some nurses and doctors here may be a little too paranoid and they are afraid that the patients might harm them.

“You know me for 3 years Heather. Are we considered.. friends?” he asked suddenly.

I looked up at him and smiled. “Of course. Why? You don’t want to be my friend?” I asked.

“No no! I want to be your friend! Of course I do!” he said hurriedly. I just smiled.

 “Shut up,” he hissed at his side. I’m quite curious what his ‘friend’ said that made him angry.

“What did her say?” I asked.

“Huh? Oh n-nothing. He’s always blabbering nonsense,” he said, smiling innocently.

“But erm.. can you give me a sec?” he said. He stood up and fisted his hand in open air, dragging air to the corner of the room. I just looked at him from behind. He whispered some harsh words to the wall and then after awhile he walked back happily towards me and sat back on the chair. This ‘Junhyung’ must really be troublesome..

End of POV

~

After my afternoon chat with Heather, I skipped back to my room. She gave me a black and white wrist band with my name on it. It’s knitted and can be tied around my wrist. Believe it or not, she made it for me! Gosh if only I can give her something too.

I looked around my room and couldn’t find Junhyung anywhere. Usually he would appear beside me everytime I’m acting foolish. Like right now, grinning like a fool looking at the wristband.

“Junhyung?” I called him, looking around.

“Yah Junhyung-ah.. where are you?” I said again, walking around my small white room that’s similar to a prison cell. Just that it has a door instead of metal bars and four white walls instead of grey cemented walls. For 3 years I’ve been living here, I have no idea why this place loves white so much. Even my bed is white.

“Yah Jun.. where are you…?” I called him again and pouted slightly, seeing that he’s nowhere. Even when it has just been minutes without him, I feel extremely lonely. I need him so much to the extent that I depend on him for company. He’s always there when I need him. And when I don’t.
 

I sat on my bed and covered my face in my palms. I started crying. Crying for Junhyung to comeback. Suddenly I felt someone hugging me tightly from behind.

“Pabo-yah why are you crying?” Junhyung said, chuckling. I took my face from my hands and turned to him kneeling on my bed, behind me.

I sobbed a little and pouted even more. “Where did you go?” I asked sadly.

He just smiled. “I thought you didn’t want me to be around? Hmm?” he said, wiping my tears with his thumb.

“That was just now.. I’m sorry..” I apologized like a little child who had been scolded by his mother.

He chuckled slightly and hugged me again. “Arasso. Yah don’t cry. You’re a man! Men are not supposed to cry!” he said, patting my back.

“No! I’m a boy! I’m still a boy!” I said, shaking my head on his shoulder. He just laughed.

“Well you can’t have Heather then. Coz she’s not a girl, she’s a lady. And ladies have to be with men. Like me!” he said happily.

I pushed him away and stared at him with my teary red eyes. “Ahni! I’m only a man when I’m with her. So I can be with her,” I said.

“Yeah.. whatever you say Yoseob. Just remember, she has a life outside this place. Unlike you,” he said.

I looked down on the bed and my face turned sour. Its true what he said. Who knows Heather has a person that she likes out there? I’m just a patient in her eyes.

“But you have me right?” Junhyung said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I looked up and he smiled.

 

~

“Hey what’s that?” he asked, taking my wrist nearer to him. We were sitting, well lying on my bed together just staring at the ceiling.

I grinned at him. “Heather gave it to me. She made it for me!” I said happily.

He nodded and placed my arm back on the bed. He his side and hugged me from the side while I’m lying on my back.

“Sleeping already?” I asked as I saw him closing his eyes. He nodded briefly.

“Yeah I’m tired today. Wake me up when you’re going for dinner,” he said sleepily. I just nodded and hold onto his arm that is across my chest. I just stared at the ceiling, recalling the things I talked to Heather just now, smiling from ear to ear.

 

This chapter is rather short. I'm kinda sleepy but I don't know why I still want to update. haha! well I'll give you guys a longer one next time. :)