Going Out

Trapped With The Living

 

I fell asleep after crying so much. I missed lunch and when I woke up, dinner was already over. I don’t feel like eating anymore actually. Knowing that the patients there actually paid to eat, I feel like I’m not invited to eat even though the lady didn’t say that I couldn’t. It just doesn’t feel right.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Junhyung asked as I sat up on the bed.

 I just shook my head. I was expecting my face to feel weird and sticky because of the dried tears but my face felt normal.

“Didn’t I cry?” I asked Junhyung blurly, touching my face.

“You did. Why’d you ask?” he said. He must have wiped them away when I was sleeping.

“Nothing. Just asking.” I sat cross legged and just stared at my toes. Junhyung just sat infront of me, just watching.

“Junhyung-ah…” I called out.

“Hm?”

“Is the welfare home going to be okay? Will I get bullied?” I asked, looking up.

“I’m sure it will be okay. If anyone disturbs you, you can just tell the head of the welfare home,” he said.

I nodded. “But you’ll always be with me right?” He smiled and nodded.

“Don’t leave me okay..” I said softly and went forward to hug him. I heard him chuckle slightly and hugged me back. I can’t go back to sleep since I’ve slept for quite some time just now. Junhyung sat, leaning on the wall beside my bed and I lied on his lap while he played with my hair.

“Do you think Heather would live with Skye after she gets married?” I asked, starting a topic to talk about.

“I hope so.. Or else Skye would be alone..” he said, pouting slightly.

“Skye still looks strong and capable. Maybe she doesn’t mind living alone,” I said.

“Not minding doesn’t mean she wants to. Its just that she has to. No one wants to be alone Yoseob-ah..”  he said, poking at my cheeks. I nodded slowly. I guess I can relate to that.

“Ae you excited to go to he wedding?” I smiled widely.

“I guess so.. She’s can’t see me anyway,” he said, looking away.

“But you can see her! And Daniel! I’m sure both of them will look like a beautiful couple~” I said feeling all happy suddenly imagining what the wedding would be like. Junhyung just smiled and nodded faintly.

~

The lady in-charge gave me about a week to think about whether I want to move in to a welfare house or the orphanage. She said she would make the necessary arrangements for me when I’m ready. I was still undecided by my next session with Heather. Which means it has already been a week.

The welfare house would have people of many different ages while the orphanage only has kids and maybe people about my age. I’m still very concerned about getting bullied so I had to make my choice wisely.

“Are you okay Yoseob? You seemed to be thinking about something real hard,” Heather said, snapping me out from my thoughts.

I sighed. “I have to move out from here. My parents hadn’t been paying my fees and since I’m already stated as sane, I have to move out.”

“That’s good right? Do you prefer to stay here?” she asked, looking abit confused.

“I have been here for 3 years Heather. I don’t have anywhere to live except the orphanage or welfare house. What if I get bullied there? Or the people there don’t like me because I’m from a mental hospital?” I blurted out.

Heather kept quiet for awhile as she think. “When do you have to move out?” she asked finally.

I scoffed. “Today actually. The lady in-charge gave me a week to decide and today is one week. I still can’t decide where to go…”

“Why not you stay with me for the time being?” she said.

“W-what?” I blinked a few times, not believing what I’m hearing.

“Stay with me! Until you get a place or decide to stay at an orphanage or the welfare house instead,” she said cheerfully.

“No.. I really don’t want to trouble you. I really-“

“It’s no trouble Yoseob. Really. I’m sure my mum would also be very happy that she have someone to talk to while I go to work,” she said with a smile.

“Are you about this?” I asked. She nodded and I turned to Junhyung.

“Up to you. They can’t see me remember?” he smiled. I turned back to Heather.

“I would love to! Thank you so much! Really Heather I will try to find a place of my own as soon as possible. Thank you!!” I said, shaking her hand. She laughed at my excited expression and went forward to hug me instead.

“No problem Yoseob-ah.. You’re my friend remember?” she said and pulled away from the friendly hug. I just grinned at her and nodded like a little child.

~

After the session was over, she went to the main office to tell the lady that she’s taking me instead of sending me to the orphanage or welfare house.

I packed my bag in an oh-so-cheerful mood, whistling to myself while Junhyung just sat on the bed, waiting for me to finish.

“Don’t trouble Skye or Heather okay. Help them in any way you can. House chores, cooking, whatever you can,” he said.

“Of course! I can’t repay them with money so I’ll try to find other ways to repay their kindness. Your family is really kind and caring Junhyung-ah,” I said, turning around to smile at him. He just smiled sadly. Well technically, they are his family.

 

“Ready?” Heather asked as I met her at the receptionist area. I nodded, slinging my bagpack over my shoulder and holding my duffet bag on the other hand. I have no idea what happened to all of my other things but I must have thrown them away while throwing a tantrum at my parents for sending me here. Now all I have left are these two bags of clothes. I still have my ipod which I don’t listen to anymore.

I changed to a simple sky blue shirt that still fits along with a pair of denim jeans. The jeans I wore when I was sent to here. I feel weird all of a sudden wearing casual clothes and shoes. All the patients here either wear no shoes or just plain white slippers.

“You look nice,” Heather said with a smile. I just smiled back in return and we walked to her car. Daniel still has some work to do so Heather went back home with her own car.

I sat at the front with Heather while Junhyung sat at the back.

“Did you tell your mother that I’m coming?” I asked as she was driving back home.

“Nope! Hee~ I wanted to surprise her,” she grinned.

“What if she don’t like it?” I asked, wary all of a sudden.

“She will love it Yoseobie. Don’t worry!” she said. I just nodded to myself, praying for the best. As she drove, I looked out of the window, staring at the buildings and people around.

Everything looked so normal and full of colours. Its been so long since I see the outside world. People talking normally to each other, babies laughing and crying, cars passing by,.. Everything is so normal.

Finally we stopped infront of a big bungalow with a front yard decorated with rows of colourful flowers. It looked like a view you only see in movies and magazines. We drove into the garage and came to a stop.

“We’re here!” Heather said happily. She got out first to take my bags and that’s when I hurriedly got out (almost choking myself with the seatbelt) to carry them on my own. Heather insisted but I just kept my hands on my bag, telling her that it wasn’t that heavy.

Junhyung was quiet the whole journey except for the time he told me to shut my mouth or I’ll drool in the car looking at the view outside.

We walked passed the yard and Heather opened the front door after unlocking them, inviting me in.

“Omma! I’m home!” she said to the open air. I was standing awkwardly with my bags in the middle of the big hall when I saw Skye walking out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron.

“Ahh you’re finally back. Do you want to…” she trailed off as she looked up and saw me standing beside Heather. Heather was smiling cheerfully, anticipating her mother’s reaction while I just kept a smile on my face even though my heart was beating so damn fast.

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Lee,” I said, bowing slightly.

“Yoseob?” she finally said, walking towards us.

“Omma! Yoseob is going to be staying with us now! Isn’t that great??” Heather said happily.

“Not for long Mrs Lee, don’t worry. I’ll try to find my own place as soon as possible,” I added quickly.

“Oh no no! Do stay! Oh my goodness you don’t know how happy I am to see you again!” she said, finally snapping out from her shock and hugged me tightly. By the look of her smile, I’m glad that she’s happy I was there.

Junhyung stood behind Skye, beside Heather, just looking at Skye hugging me. He smiled showing that he was happy for me but I know deep down, he wished Skye could have hugged him instead.

tumblr_mi3bc6ruuH1rvv4qro1_250.gif

Awkward Yoseobbie~

tumblr_m9a3ef3Lvl1qi21mno1_500.gif

Is anyone still reading this? :(