Surprises

Trapped With The Living

 

After breakfast, me and Junhyung went for a walk around the hospital. Sometimes we are allowed to go outside at the yard but I prefer walking around inside. There's nothing outside anyway.

"Hey there's Heather," Junhyung said as he pointed to the receptionist area. I look forward and saw Heather just arrived at the hospital. I titled my head slightly when I saw someone else that had came with her. Daniel.

"You wanna say hi?" Junhyung asked.

I nodded. "Yeah sure."

We walked towards them and Heather spotted me immediately.

"Oh Yoseob! Morning!" she smiled and waved at me. I was waving back when I saw Junhyung waving back too.

"She can't see you, pabo," I sneered.

"So? Does it mean I can't wave? She's my daughter if you don't remember..." he said with a pout at the end. I just ignored what he said and smiled to Heather. I looked at Daniel and he smiled at me as usual.

"Oh, you have met Daniel before right?" Heather said, holding onto his arm.

"Yeah. Are you two related?" I asked curiously.

She chuckled. "He's my fiance."

 

Now here, I'm expected to go nuts and start questioning how long they have been together, judging Daniel from head to toe even though I somehow already know him, and all the other things a guy would do when he's jealous. But I didn't. And I didn't have that feeling. That jealous feeling.

Instead her already dead father is the one going nuts.

"Fiance?? Seriously?? Yoseob ask how long they were together. Ask ask!" he said quickly.

"Ahh.. So the both of you just got engaged or....?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Not really. We're getting married in two months time," Daniel said. I just nodded.

"Already?? My only baby girl is getting married?? This can't be! No no no!" Junhyung said and I just rolled my eyes.

"I heard Junhyung's back," Heather said after seeing that I looked annoyed probably because of Junhyung.

"Yeah! Daniel must have told you that," I said. Its quite hard to focus talking to them with Junhyung constantly mumbling by my side. Both of them just smiled.

"You and Daniel have the same character. Nice to everyone and anyone," I said with a smile.

"I thought you didn't like him when I was gone," Junhyung said childishly.

"I didn't say that!" I said, turning to him.

"We should probably get going now. I'll see you later Yoseob-ah," Heather said.

"Yeah I should get back to my room too," I said. The three of us waved goodbye and I walked to the tv room with Junhyung.

 

"I can't believe she's getting married already. She's still young! What was Skye thinking??" Junhyung said.

"She's about 23. Not a teenager Jun," I said. I've never seen Junhyung act all father-like before. He's so protective.

"Urgh. I don't think I like that guy," Junhyung mumbled.

"Why not? He's nice. Didn't you see yourself how he wanted to eat with me even when I don't talk to him? You know.. when you disappeared," I said.

"What about Skye huh? She's old. If Heather gets married, who's going to take care of her??" Junhyung said.

"As if Heather would leave her mum alone. Come on Jun. You know she's not like that.." I said.

“Why aren’t you jealous?” he asked me.

I shrugged. “Maybe I just like her as a friend? Or I might have mistaken infatuation for love.” Junhyung just huffed out in frustration and crossed his arms.

"Are you just sad you don't get to see her walk down the aisle?" I said. His furrowed eyebrows softened and he pouted slightly.

 

“Hi Heather. Nice seeing you again,” I smiled widely as I sat infront of her.

She chuckled. “Its nice seeing you smiling again Yoseob.”

“Oh before I forget, Daniel and me kind of discussed something before,” she added.

“What is it?”

“Do you want to come to our wedding? I’ve treated you like a friend already and it also seemed like my mother and Junhyung have a somewhat.. connection,” she said with a smiled.

My eyes widened for a second. “You’re inviting me?? But.. I’m crazy,” I said. I know I’m not but I am a patient from a mental hospital. Doesn’t it make me crazy too just like the other patients?

She laughed. “You know I know you’re not crazy right. We’ve known each other for 3 years. You got in here because of ‘talking to yourself’. But now its obvious you’re talking to someone that exists before. We just don’t really know why,” she said.

I just nodded. “But do you think the hospital would let me out?” I asked.

“If you agree, I would try to get the permission. As far as I know, as long as the patient we bring out doesn’t cause a ruckus or any trouble, its fine with them. If they do, then whoever that bring them out have to be responsible,” she explained.

After talking for awhile, I remembered that I wanted to ask Heather something important. Important to me at least.

“Um.. Heather I want to ask you something,” I said.

“Yeah sure. What is it?”

I turned to Junhyung. He was being slightly happy and cheery eversince he heard about the invitation. But he can’t be too happy just in case the hospital doesn’t allow Heather to bring me out.

“Can you go out for awhile?” I asked him.

“Why?” he raised an eyebrow. As if the question I wanted to ask Heather was shown all over my face, he smirked.

“Please?” I pleaded.

“Let me stay to hear your question and then I’ll go,” he said. I sighed. He already know what I was going to ask and he still insist on hearing it from my own mouth. I turned back to Heather.

“Um.. how can you check.. if.. you’re gay?” I asked cautiously. Junhyung exploded with laughter and I just want to bury myself on the cold concrete floor.

“Okay I’m going. Have fun!” he said happily and disappeared out of the room.

Heather on the other hand was quite surprised with my question. “I guess.. it depends on how you feel for the same gender?” I bit my lower lip, with my eyebrows furrowed. I still don’t know.

“What if you’re not sure?” I asked.

“Erm.. well.. do you have fantasies about the same gender?” she asked.

“Fantasies? Like fairies and giants?” She chuckled.

“No no.. Like.. ual fantasies?” My eyes widened.

“O-oh.. I.. I don’t think so..” I stuttered.

“Hm.. I don’t really know actually. Let’s try to search on it shall we?” she said and took out her phone. I just waited patiently.

“Okay there are some questions here to check if you’re gay,” she said.

“Do you try to get a look at his body and getting excited about him taking off his shirt? You know, of the same gender,” she asked.

I’ve never seen Junhyung change before. So I don’t really know. “I don’t.. know,” I said.

“Erm.. Have you ever gotten aroused just by seeing the same gender’s body?” she read from her phone.

“I.. don’t know..” Gosh I am so not helping.

“These questions are hopeless. I’ll try to find something more concrete for you and get back to you next week?” she said.

I smiled. “That’d be great.”

 

I walked to my room, knowing fully well that Junhyung would be there. I wonder if he’ll ask what Heather said. What are you saying Yoseob.. Of course he’ll ask.

I closed the door and found Junhyung lying down on my bed. He smiled and sat up as I stood by the door.

“How did it go?” he asked. I walked to the center of the room and paced to and fro slowly.

“She don’t really know…” I said.

He laughed faintly. “Why did you even bother to ask? She’s a girl for goodness sake. How could she possibly know?”

“But she’s a counsellor! Shouldn’t she know?”

“A counsellor for the mental health. Not gender issues Seobbie..” I pouted and looked away.

“I can check for you,” he said, leaning back and supporting his weight with his arms on the bed.

“You can? How??” He smirked and gestured me to sit beside him.

 

So what do you think Junhyung is going to do??? :OO Kekeke^^

FYI, I actually searched on how to know if you're gay. Hahahaha! XD Things I do for a story.. 

AND YOSEOB'S SECOND MV WAS RELEASED TODAYYY! :))) That girl is so luckyyy...

tumblr_mi7dy4JjF81qiazk5o1_r1_500.gif