A New Beginning

Trapped With The Living

 

Suddenly I lost my appetite to eat and I’m chewing very slowly on my bread. Why am I feeling like this? I know Junhyung misses Skye. Of course he would look at her instead. He had to look at my face for years. I shouldn’t be feeling like this. I shouldn’t keep Junhyung all to myself. He’s not mine.

 

“Yoseob? Are you okay?” I looked up and Heather was looking at me with concern. Skye too had turned to me, noticing that I was being quiet all of a sudden.

 

I forced out a smile and nooded. “Yeah. I was just listening,” I said.

 

Heather just nodded and told me and Skye that she was going out to meet Daniel to get some things for the wedding. After that short tea session Heather went to her room to change and get ready while Skye went to the living room.

 

“Is there anything that I can help you with, Mrs Lee?” I asked politely.

 

“Oh no no its okay. You should rest. Maybe I would take a short nap too later,” she smiled. I nodded and was about to go up to my room when she asked me a question.

 

“Um Yoseob dear.. Is.. Is Junhyung here?” she asked, her face lit up slightly.

 

I hesitated for a moment and eventually smiled. “Of course Mrs Lee. He’s beside me,” I said.

 

“Ah…” She looked over to side and smiled shyly.

 

“Do you want to talk to him?” I asked.

 

“Its okay. Maybe slightly later. Heather won’t be back until night too,” she said. I simply nodded and headed for my room.

 

“Bye Skye..” I heard Junhyung said softly behind my back. I pouted unconciously and quickly went up the stairs.

 

****

 

“So! Shall we sleep?” Junhyung asked as we stepped into the room.

 

“Yeah. And I want to have a real sleep. I’m tired,” I said monotonously and lie down on the bed, my back facing him.

 

“Are you okay? You don’t sound.. okay,” he asked. I just nodded, shutting my eyes. He remained quiet and suddenly my body was being flipped to lie on my back and Junhyung was straddling me.

 

“Yah! I said I want to sleep!” I shouted.

 

“Come on tell me what’s bothering you. You’re not like this,” he said gently, pinning both my hands on the bed.

 

“Nothing okay. I just want to sleep,” I said, frowning and looked to my side.

 

“You better tell me or I’m not going to let you go. And you know I can do that,” he said with a warning tone.

 

I kept quiet, thinking if I hould really tell him him or just make some lame excuse. But he’s Junhyung. He would see right through me if I lie.

 

“Just now.. when I was eating..” I started, not looking at him. “Where were you looking at?”

 

I glanced at him and he was having his thinking face on. After awhile, a smirk slowly comes to his face. I looked away, knowing he knows what I meant.

 

“Ah… So this is jealousy..” he said.

 

“No! Who’s jealous? Not me!” I defended quickly. I am not jealous. I just feel different.

 

“Right right.. Not jealous… but jealous,” he chuckled. I turned my head and glared at him.

 

“Yoseob-ah.. I can only look at her. I can’t touch her..” he said, my arm. “I can’t talk to her alone..”

 

“I can’t kiss her..” he said, leaning down to kiss my neck softly. “I can’t hug her..” he snuggled his face at the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.

 

One of his hands went to my waist and my side up and down, occasionally slipping his hand under my shirt as he leave small kisses on my shoulder and neck.

 

“I can only look at her..” he whispered softly. Finally he pulled back and look me in the eyes.

 

“But if you don’t like it, I promise you I will only look at you from now on. Every hour, every second of the day. I will not keep my eyes off you,” he said, smiling.

 

I pouted slightly. “Ahni… I know you miss her. I was just being a child just now. I should think about how you feel too,” I said, tugging on his shirt.

 

“Sorry…” I said, looking down.

 

“Its fine.. You’re not wrong. You know no matter how much I look at her, I will only be forever with you right? I’m only yours Yoseob-ah..” he said sincerely.

I nodded. “Now get off me. I want to sleep,” I said.

 

He chuckled. “Nope! You can sleep this way. I’m just going to sit on top of you and watch you sleep.”

 

“Junhyung….” I whined.

 

****

With a blink of an eye, it’s a already one week to Heather and Daniel’s wedding. I still haven’t decided where to stay and the welcoming and warm family feeling that Skye and Heather had been giving me is not helping either. If I could, I would never want to leave this family.

 

I was getting ready to go out for a little grocery shopping with Skye when a knock came at the door.

 

“Yoseob? Can I come in?” I heard Skye said from outside.

 

“Sure sure! Come in!” I said, walking to the door as Skye opened the door. she smiled as she saw me and walked to the bed and sat down.

 

“Erm I have something that I’ve been wanting to ask you dear..” she said. I sat beside her and waited for her to continue.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“Um.. You see.. Heather is getting married next week.. And she’ll be moving out..” she said nervously. I titled my head slightly, anticipating her question.

 

“I want to ask if… If you would like to stay here.. Permanently,” she said, turning to look at me.

 

“Oh? As a tenant?” I said happily.

 

“No no. Of course not. As a part of the family. You can go back to school if you want to even. I can pay for your school fees,..” she said.

 

My jaw dropped literally. “No no I wouldn’t want to trouble you. No Mrs Lee its okay. I’m more than happy to stay as just a tenant,” I said.

 

She looked down slightly. I can see that she was quite disappointed with my answer. “I see.. Its okay if you don’t want to then. I thought.. maybe.. I can make you like my son.. Because I’ve already treated you like one. And with Heather gone.. I have basically.. no one else. But its okay. I understand if you feel uncomfortable,” she said, putting a small smile on her face as she looked at me.

 

“Get ready okay? I’ll be waiting downstairs,” she said gently and tapped my lap before standing up.

 

“Mrs Lee?” I called her before she went out. She turned and raised her eyebrows slightly.

 

“Are you sure? You want to.. take me as your son?” I asked carefully, still not believing what I heard just now.

 

She smiled and nodded.

 

Out of nowhere, my vision was clouded with tears. “Can I call you.. omma.. then?” I asked with a shaky voice.

 

Her smile spreaded wider across her face and she went towards me and hugged me tight. Its been a long time since I’ve said that word. Its been a really long time since I felt a mother’s love. I’ve been abandoned way too long that even just a simple hug made me a crying mess. I hugged her back tightly, as if afraid that she would leave once I let her go.

 

“Of course Yoseob. Of course,” she said lovingly. She rubbed my back, calming me down and  kissed the top of my head before pulling away from the hug.

 

“So you would? Stay here?” she asked.

 

I nodded excitedly, tears still streaming down my cheeks. She too was delighted when I agreed and hugged me one last time before pulling away and wiped my tears.

 

“Go get ready! Or we’ll be shopping at night,” she chuckled. I nodded and she went out of my room.

 

I turned to Junhyung who was leaning on my cupboard with a big smile on my face.

 

He smiled. “I guess you found your home now Seobie.”

 

Next week will be the last chapter! And welcome new readers! :D

tumblr_m9595zKaz91r7mqq6o1_500.gif