Junhyung's Past

Trapped With The Living

 

“So what’s your life like? You know.. since you’ve lived before,” I asked Junhyung.

He chuckled. “Why do you want to know?”

“You know everything about me. I want to know something about you too. And that article said you’re a top student. Wow..” He just laughed and nodded to himself.

“Umm.. where do I start.. I’m an orphan so I don’t have any family. I do, but they are not blood related of course,” he started. Well at least he have someone that cares for him. Unlike me, having a family but doesn’t care about you.

“But when we turn 18, we’re suppose to move out of the orphanage and be independent. So that other younger orphans can have more space. I moved out.. with a girl..” he said slowly.

I can’t help my giggle cheekily. So Junhyung did have a lovelife before he died. That’s lucky.

He just smiled. “I was close with her in the orphanage so we look for an apartment and well.. live together,” he continued.

“It wasn’t awkward since the both of us had lived together in the orphanage since like we’re three,” he added. I simply nodded.I just sat there, facing him, anticipating the exciting story to go on.

“Eventually we fell in love. So yeah. That’s it. Oh- and I was the top student. Done!” he finshed.

“What?? Come on I know there’s more to your life back then. Tell me~” I whined.

“My life is boring Yoseob. I don’t think you want to know,” Junhyung said.

“Boring? I bet its more interesting than about a guy living in a mental hospital,” I state the obvious.

He sighed. “Fine.. But its going to take long. We don’t have the time,” he said.

I scoffed. “Seriously Junhyung? Where are we going anyway? I’m either sitting in this room, eat, walk or see Heather. And with all this going on, you’re always beside me. We have all the time in the world Junhyung..” I said.

“I don’t really know how to story tell. Why not you just prompt me with questions and I answer them?” he grinned.

“Arasso.. How did you die?” I asked without any hesitation.

“You read the article didn’t you? Car crash,” he said simply.

“I know that. But how did you crash??” I asked anxiously.

He laughed. “What am I, an engineer? How should I know how the car crash!” he said.

Why is it so hard for him to tell me? What is he hiding? “Junhyungggg… You know, what happened before the crash that no one else knows except for yourself,” I said.

“You really want to know?” he asked, suddenly so serious.

I nodded excitedly. He sighed.

“One time I had a fight with the girl I live with,” he started again.

“You gotta stop saying ‘the girl’. She has a name doesn’t she? What’s her name?” I said.

“Even if I tell you, you wouldn’t know her right?” he said smiling.

“Yeaahhh… but just give her a name! Pleasseee~” I pleaded.

He chuckled. “Okay. Her name is.. Mary,” he said.

“Mary? Seriously Junhyung? What, mother Mary?” I scoffed.

“You got a better name?” he challenged me, arching an eyebrow.

I thought hard for a while. “Heather!” I said happily, grinning widely.

He smiled and nodded but before that I could swore that I saw his face slightly shocked. Or rather it was as if he wasn’t prepared to use the name.

“So one time I had a so called fight with Heather,” he started again.

“Why is it a so called fight?”

“You’re one curious kid Yang Yoseob..” he shook his head. “Well we didn’t really fight like shouting, hitting or throwing things at each other. We were just.. quiet. We did talk but it seemed cold..” he said. He bit his lower lip slightly, looking afar.

“Ohh..” I nodded slowly. “What did you guys fight about?”

“That, is too complicated for you to know,” he said, pointing a finger at me.

“I’m old enough to understand! Come on try me,” I said. He remained quiet so decided to annoy him to tell me. I repeated on and on saying the word please, as if beggin him.

“We had okay!” he shouted, stopping me immediately. I stopped ‘chanting’ and just stared at him with my mouth slightly ajar.

“See Yoseob. You’re too innocent to understand..” he said.

“I know what is! What I don’t understand is, I thought doing that would bring two people closer. No?” I said.

He pouted to the side and looked on the ground, playing with his fingers. “Yeah.. but I don’t know.. maybe we’re not prepared?”

“You forced her??” I said shocked.

“Of course not! I would never do something like that to her..” he said. I just waited for him to continue.

“Do you remember the silver packet that I remind you about last time?” he said.

“Again with the silver packet!” I said frustratingly.

He laughed. “Do you even know what it is?”

“Protection you said?”

“Protection against what?”

“So that you won’t get sick?”

He chuckled. “That’s if you have with multiple partners..”

“So what protection is it for?” I asked curiously.

“To prevent the girl from getting pregnant. You know..having a baby..” he said slowly, trying to make me understand.

“It can do that?? Wow..” Wow just that small thing inside the silver packet can prevent people from having babies??

After that he kept quiet, just staring at the opposite wall. “So…? What about it?”

“I didn’t use it,” he said monotonously, not turning to me.

 

I wanted to type more but there are some guests at my house so I'll just stop here first. Keke^^