Winter Trip

Subway

Whatever you want

Because I love you

There's no reason for my love you know
 
“Ne, unnie. I’m going to be at the beach for a couple days so you guys shouldn’t worry about me.” Seohyun wedged the phone between her ear and shoulder so she could finish packing her suitcase.
 
“No, you guys don’t have to come with me. I’m 21!” Folding her thick pink winter coat and stuffing it with a pair of thick socks, she frowned at the phone. “You guys don’t have to baby me so much now! No I’ll be fine! Bye unnie!”
 
*Aigoo* She pulled on a thick sweater, a puffy coat, a hat, and wrapped a scarf around half of her face. *Yep, I’m totally going to the beach* The reason why she was lying to her friends? The last time she had tried to take a trip by herself, they had followed her and annoyed her to no end. They had even somehow broken into her hotel room and she had woken up with Tiffany lying on top of her, Jessica sleeping in a pile of blankets in the bathtub, and the others had managed to sleep on the floor. They had all caught colds and blamed her for it.
 
So she was going to some random mountains to learn how to ski and snowboard. And hopefully, she wouldn’t know anyone there because she just needed some time to herself. After all, there’s nothing wrong with being alone.
 
After making sure everything was packed neatly and the apartment was locked up, she made her way towards the bus stop that the resort picked people up from every few days.
 
Yes, Korea was cold in February/march, but not that many people went around in thick winter coats and five layers of clothing. But she didn’t care, because it was better than freezing when she got into the mountains. 
 
She’d watched way too many dramas and knew exactly what was going to happen if she tried to open her suitcase on the bus…clothes would fly everywhere, her undergarments would end up in the bus driver’s face, snacks would hit other passengers, and she would be embarrassed for the entire 3 hour trip.
 
After walking a few blocks, she arrived and was relieved to see that there were others that were bundled up like, if not more, her. The bus came and she struggled a little with getting her suitcase up. A man bundled up in a black ski jacket lifted it up easily and brought it up for her. 
 
“Ah gomawo-yo,” she exclaimed. Chivalry wasn’t dead after all.
 
He just simply nodded and grabbed his duffel bag and guitar case before heading to the back. Seohyun sat in one of the front seats and quickly fastened her seat belt before unwinding her scarf and opening her book.

Yonghwa sighed as he carefully set his guitar down on the seat. There was a showcase coming up soon at the university and he needed to write a song for it. Well he didn’t have to, but what was the point of being a band if you didn’t come up with the music?
 
He had thought that going skiing and teaching some kids would be the break in his writer’s block, or at least he hoped so. Turning on his mp3, he watched the scenery pass by and tried to empty his mind. A couple days with no annoying friends, no crazy girls, no Seohyun (because he was still really confused about that whole I-love-you-but-get-out-of-my-life deal), and most of all, lots of fun.

Three hours later, the bus pulled to a stop and everyone got off. Yonghwa was trying to get his things together and looked up to see the driver getting off as well. He got to the front of the bus and turned around to make sure he hadn’t left anything behind when he saw a girl dozing in the front seat. 

“Excuse me,” he shook her awake, “But everyone else already got off. We’re here.” He raised an eyebrow as the scarf slipped, revealing her face. She looked kind of familiar.
 
She yawned and started grabbing her stuff before looking up. “Oh gomawo—Yonghwa?” Seohyun stared at the man in front of her. “What are you doing here?”
 
He just blinked back at her. “I’m on vacation. What are you doing here?”
 
“On vacation…Did the unnnies put you up to this?”
 
“…Ani.” Seeing that she was fine, he turned to go, but smiled a little to himself. So was this really fate? Maybe he could get Hyun to confess her feelings during the trip…
 
Seohyun pushed past him and hurried into the hotel lobby without a second glance. He frowned *Or maybe not…*

*Aish what is it with that guy? First he follows me to a club, and now he followed me to a ski resort? There’s something wrong with the world* She was fuming to herself and unlocked her door, room 123, and looked into the mirror.

She saw herself staring back and grinned before resolving to enjoy her well deserved vacation. “Seo Joohyun, hwaiting!” She encouraged herself and began to unpack.

Yonghwa hurried over to the information desk. “Dara noona! Do you have my schedule?”
 
A pretty woman turned around and grinned at her friend. “Yonghwa! Yep, I think you’re teaching an older couple in the morning and a couple of chaebol kids in the evening.”
 
“Really?” Yonghwa whined and pouted. “Aigoo. Why do those people want to ski anyways? They would probably break their bones and those spoiled kids would probably run inside as soon as they feel the cold.”
 
“Well there’s no one else that really comes up here around this time. But I promise if that there are any pretty girls here, I’ll send them straight to you.” She gave him a pat on the head and turned to help another customer. “Oh and Yonghwa,” she called as he turned away, “The coaches rooms are being remodeled so
here’s your room key. It’s 121.”
 
He gave a small smile. “Gomawo noona.” Great, now his new song would either be about saving grandmas and grandpas, or convincing spoiled brats that it wasn't possible to sue snow no matter how good their lawyers were. Yep, his band was definitely going to be the talk of the showcase.

Seohyun bounced on her bed some before ordering some room service. Sadly the menu didn’t include gogumas. She devoured lunch and decided that it would probably be better to save some for dinner. There was a budget after all.
 
The resort wasn’t as big as beach resorts, but there was still quite a bit of space. There were obviously the mountains where people could ski and snowboard. There was a rink that had elegant figure skaters in the center, short track speed skaters circling the edges, and a few kids somehow learning the basics among
them.
 
She helped a few toddlers build their snowmen and bought a hot chocolate. This vacation wasn’t so bad. She hadn’t spotted a single tree hat or other spy gear that meant her unnies were following her.
 
The sky quickly darkened and Seohyun decided it was time to turn in. She saw flyers around the lobby to sign up for snowboarding and skiing lessons at the main desk. There wasn’t anything else to do here, she might as well sign up.
 
“Excuse me.” She shyly asked the concierge.
 
The nametag indicated that she was Sandara Park and the older lady smiled. “Can I help you?”
 
“Ne. I was wondering if there was still space available to learn how to ski tomorrow morning.”
 
Dara looked at the pretty girl in front of her and did a celebratory dance inside. “I’m sorry but we don’t have any room. Would you like how to snowboard instead?”
 
Blinking a little, Seohyun tilted her head questioningly. “Is it safe?”
 
“Of course it is! The teacher is very talented and I’m sure you’ll be very safe.”
 
“Okay then. I’ll try it. Gamsahamida!” Seohyun bowed and turned to leave.
 
Glancing down at the empty schedule of the ski instructor, also her brother, she grinned. *Sorry Cheondoong, but Yonghwa needs a girl more than you do*
She picked up her phone to call her dear brother. “Hey Thunder, you know how to snowboard, right?”

Seohyun scarfed down her dinner before cleaning up and deciding it was time for bed.

Her next door neighbor was playing some kind of music, but she didn’t have the heart to go and tell them to stop. *I wonder what that Jung Yonghwa is doing? It can’t be a coincidence that he showed up at the same hotel, could it?* She gave up wondering and quickly fell asleep to the sound of guitar strumming. It wasn’t that bad after all.

Yonghwa sipped his fifth coffee and kept trying to find the new melody for his new song. Usually songs came to him within one coffee, but it wasn’t going that well this time.

He looked at the clock to see that it was almost one in the morning. Then he noticed the door joining his room and his neighbor’s. He really didn’t want to get kicked out, so he decided to call it a night.
 
As he slipped under the covers, he remembered what had happened on the bus and smiled. *I wonder what she’s doing now.*

The next morning, Yonghwa quickly got ready and opened his door to see Seohyun closing hers right next to him.
 
“Hyun? What are you doing here?” The corners of his mouth twitched up a little at her pink ensemble.
 
“Um, this is my room?”
 
“Oh, ok.” He got into the elevator and headed down to the locker room and grabbed his board. He noticed that Seohyun was with him every step of the way. “Are you some sort of stalker?”
 
She looked highly affronted and frowned at him. “No, most people don’t take random people from bars, decide to spend the night with them, and then decide to follow them to the middle of nowhere!”
 
He smirked. “So you still don’t remember do you? I might have to tell you someday.” Yonghwa just kept smiling as Seohyun stalked off. He heard a distant “I don’t really want to hear any more of your lies Yonghwa-ssi!”
 
Wincing a little, *she still hasn’t gotten over that stupid subway thing. Aish, she holds grudges doesn’t she*, he walked over to where the students were waiting. It was just Seohyun and an older couple all struggling to get into their gear.
 
“Hi hyung!” he turned around to see Thunder grinning at him.
 
“Oh hey Cheondoong.” Yonghwa frowned at his friend holding a board awkwardly. “What are you doing with that?”
 
“Dara noona said I had to teach some older people because no one really signed up for skiing lessons. She also said to tell you that I was teaching some kids later so you only have one student”
 
“But I thought I was teaching them… Wait, then who am I teaching?”
 
“I think you get that girl over there. You’re so lucky hyung!”
 
Yonghwa stared at his good luck. He was teaching Seohyun! But he felt a nagging feeling. Thunder…well he wasn’t exactly the best snowboarder there was. He looked over at the older couple. “Did you sign the waiver?”
 
They looked puzzled. “Yes?”
 
“Do you have insurance?”
 
“Ne.”
 
“Okay then. Have fun Doongie!” He sat down next to Seohyun. “I guess it’s just you and me Hyun!”
 
She looked up from concentrating on buckling on some straps. Then her eyes widened in terror. “Mwoh?!?”
 
Keke this isn't the best chapter I've written so I'll be back later to fix it and not make it so bleh. But Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks so much for reading my story (80 subbie eek!) and upvotes (seriously i <3 all of you guys). Wahhhh but seriously thanks because i got all these warm and fuzzy feelings with all the comments, subbies, upvotes and stuff (and really helped my exam stress level)
oh and btw if you guys haven't noticed...so Seohyun's pretty innocent and like normal Seohyun except around yonghwa (who she's still kind of mad at so)
Anyways...Happy holidays everyone and I hope I have time to write soon!!!
- chocolate-notes :)
oh and btw, i made a sorry excuse for a poster because that picture got creepy after a while...sigh i think my poster skills are worse than my writing skills if that's possible ^^