Jealous

Subway

Seohyun flopped on a couch in the common room and groaned quietly. She had missed school, but she had also forgotten how much work it was. The number of projects and tests were starting to pile up and she could guarantee that some of the things she was learning were not going to help in the ‘real’ world. She idly opened her science notebook and started doodling on the periodic table.

“What are you doing?” Heejoo’s hair came undone from her bun as she peered down at Seohyun’s work. “You’re covering up the halogens.”

The distressed transfer student just continued to draw meaningless swirls and shook her head. “I don’t like them. So I’m removing them from the periodic table. Besides, it’s not like they’re going to help me in life anyways.”

Heejoo just shook her head and gently eased the notebook away from her and took out an eraser from her bag. “Probably not, but I think you’re going to need them for your next test.”

“Next test or not, my job was not this stressful.”

“Really?”

Seohyun moved a tired arm over her eyes and thought about the late nights trying to fix reports, scrambling to finish everything on time, and skirting office politics. “Just kidding, but school is still too stressful. And I don’t get paid.”

“There all done. Let’s go grab something to eat before you have to go to your music class. I’m assuming there aren’t any problems there?” Heejoo handed back the now clean periodic table.

“Nope, it’s pretty fun.” And it was. She got to stay with Yonghwa for 2 hours and the two combined produced some of the best results in the class. They had just finished their performance evaluation to much applause with Seohyun on the piano and Yonghwa on guitar, and the two had passed their written tests with flying colors.


Seohyun waited at the end of the line with Heejoo after they had grabbed trays. Heejoo had started talking about some mysterious chemical that was on her next test and how she had tried almost everything, yet she still couldn’t figure out if it was just a compound or something else. Truth be told, Seohyun was only half listening. She had never really enjoyed chemistry that much.

A loud voice pierced through the chatter, “And this is the cafeteria, where you can eat. But I don’t think you really need to, you’re too tall to keep growing.”

She turned and recognized Jo Kwon and Changmin from when they had shown her the way to the showcase. Then she saw the tall figure in between them taking in all the sights.

“But I still haven’t checked to see how diluted my sample was. Maybe I’ll do that when I get back tonight. I’m thinking of getting the chicken, what about you Seohyun?” Heejoo was expecting a murmur of agreement and tore her eyes away from the menu when she didn’t hear one. “Seohyun?”

The new girl had disappeared and Heejoo did not want to be the one to the Yonghwa that her girlfriend had been abducted. Then she saw Seohyun running.

“Jinwoon? Is that really you?” Seohyun had long abandoned her empty lunch tray and was literally sprinting up to the new trio. The tall boy in the middle looked away from the desserts and broke into a smile and ran to meet her.

“I didn’t know you were here Seohyun-a!” He scooped her up into a hug and twirled her around as her feet dangled above the ground due to his height.

“I just came. Are you actually going to school here?”

Jinwoon nodded and grinned as he let her down. “Yep. I missed orientation, so Jo Kwon hyun and Changmin hyung are helping me out.”

Seohyun beamed and jumped slightly when an arm wrapped around her waist. “Can I ask what’s going on here?”


Yonghwa had just managed to escape Minhyuk’s incessant whining about food and Jonghyun’s multitude of complaints because of a certain calculus teacher by scarfing down his food and claiming he had to go finish homework. He still wanted to grab an apple before heading out though. Maybe he should grab one for Seohyun too, since they were in the next class together.

He leaned over a counter to grab two and accidentally nudged someone. “I’m sorry. Oh, hi Heejoo.”

Heejoo had been staring at something and jumped when Yonghwa said hi. “Oh hi Yonghwa oppa. Random question, are you and Seohyun still okay?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, why?”

L’s girlfriend just looked back to where she was staring and Yonghwa followed her gaze this time. Seohyun was currently being spun around by a guy who had to at least be 185cm. He found himself frowning as he walked over to them. By that point, the stranger had let his girlfriend down and they were talking.

Yonghwa carefully wrapped an arm around Seohyun. “Can I ask what’s going on here?”

Seohyun turned and looked up. “Oh hi oppa! Look Jinwoon-ie came to Seoul University too!”

Yonghwa blinked. Jinwoon-ie? “And he is?”

“I’m Seohyun’s best friend from elementary school.” The tall guy made a show of looking down to look at Yonghwa. “And you are?”

“I’m her boyfriend.”

The tall guy smirked. “Ah I see. Isn’t he a little too short for you Seohyun-a?”

Yonghwa narrowed his eyes. He didn’t like it when people lorded over how short he was. He wasn’t THAT short, was he?”

Seohyun just giggled. “Nope, and he doesn’t like it when people talk about it.” Her phone chimed and she gasped. “Oh we’re going to be late for class. I’ll talk to you later Jinwoon-a!”

Jinwoon waved as Seohyun dragged a still disgruntled Yonghwa out the door. He smirked at the obvious jealousy stewing on the other boy’s face. Jo Kwon and Changmin had already gotten a place in the lunch line and waved him over. He stopped when he saw his phone ringing and sighed. It would be fun to play with the two of them but he had more serious problems.

“Yes?”

“OPPA WHO WAS THAT GIRL AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING?” a shrill female voice pierced his ear through the phone and the cafeteria as a very angry looking girl was stomping through the dining hall to make her way towards him.

“Relax Jun-hee noona, she was just a friend I hadn’t seen in a long time.”

“YOU ARE SO DEAD JINWOON!” And the call ended.

Jinwoon winced and looked at his tour guides. “This is really great hyungs, but can we finish another time? Or not, I might be dead in about five minutes. Bye!” He sprinted out of the cafeteria as he saw his girlfriend coming closer.


Yonghwa frowned as he bit into his apple. “So what was that?”

“He’s just an old friend. Don’t worry. He only criticizes people’s heights because he used to be really short.” Seohyun grinned, but her smile faltered when she saw Yonghwa’s expression. “Are you okay oppa?”

He raised an eyebrow. “My girlfriend was hugging a random guy who’s at least a head taller than I am. Yes I’m feeling threatened.” He pouted.

Seohyun just laughed, a blush creeping up her cheeks from his calling her his girlfriend. “He has a girlfriend and they’ve been dating for several years now. And I’m much too attached to mine.” She laughed at his sudden smile and dug into his bag to pull out the extra apple Yonghwa had brought. A cd came out with it. “What’s this?”

Yonghwa looked and snatched it out of her hands. “Uh-uh, this is a secret.”

His girlfriend just raised an eyebrow. “Is that the demo cd CNBLUE has been working on? I’m pretty sure everyone knows you guys are trying out for a record company oppa.”

He grinned. “Well, don’t I have a smart girlfriend.” He frowned at his watch. “But we’re really late for class.” Yonghwa blinked as Seohyun sprinted away.

“Well then, come on Yong oppa!” she chortled as she dodged other students.

Yonghwa just rolled his eyes before grinning and chasing after her.

...well guys you guys are used to my apologies... hehe this is just a filler chapter and if any of you saw my summary from way back when, I'm changing things up a little :)

thanks for reading!

- chocolate-notes :)