First Date?

Subway

 

when i look at you my face gets red
when i see you my heart goes thump thump
i talk with shyness like a kid
when i look at you i just smile out of nowhere
like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

            Seohyun slouched into the kitchen. “Need some help unnie?”

            Hyoyeon frowned at her friend. “Seo, who was that you slammed the door into?”

            “It’s no one of consequence. What are we having for dinner?”

            Lee Joon laughed as he looked at a text. “Did you slam the door in my friend’s face?”

            He held up his phone to show Yonghwa pouting and pointing at the door number.

            Hyung, are you sure this is the right place? This scary and really pretty girl just slammed the door in my face :(

            Hyoyeon slapped Seohyun’s back with the towel. “Yah! Go and apologize to the nice boy outside!”

            “Unnnnie! He’s mean.”

            Joon raised an eyebrow. “Yonghwa mean? That’s a first. He’s actually really nice…He was also supposed to be your blind date tonight.”

            Seohyun saw the gleam in Hyoyeon’s eye and hurriedly crossed her arms. “No! You can’t do that! I’m not going on a date with that babo!”

            Her unnie just yanked her towards the door and smiled at the confused, and still handsome, Yonghwa. “Annyeong Jung Seobang. Take our Seohyun to the restaurant down the street.” With that, she shoved Seohyun into Yonghwa’s arms and locked the door behind her.”


 

            Seohyun jumped away from the …thing… and banged on the door. “YAH! Open this door right now!”

            She felt a pair of arms encircle her and lead her away. “Is having one date with me such a bad thing?” The only thing going through Yonghwa’s mind right now was Jung Seobang…It actually sounded kind of nice...

            Seohyun wrestled her way out of his grasp and glared at him. “Yes as a matter of fact it is.” She realized she had jumped right onto the sidewalk, that it was Feburary, and she was wearing a Hyoyeon’s tank top and sweat pants and she had left her coat inside.

            Yonghwa smirked at her shivering and quickly took off his sweatshirt. “Here you go, I guess you can go to Seoul university for tonight.” He smiled at her refusal and pulled it on her. “Isn’t that warmer?”

            Seohyun didn’t reply. She was trying too hard not to breathe in his cologne and sighing at the nice scent.

            Grinning at the pretty girl in front of him, he tugged her along towards the restaurant, which was full. So he quickly led her into a nearby café.

            He looked at her across the table and noticed her frowning at him. “I’m really sorry about what happened in the subway.”

            “Don’t talk to me. I’m just going to eat, and pretend I went on a blind date for my unnie, and then go home.” She got up and ordered a goguma drink.

            He looked at the tall glass. “Goguma smoothie? They have such things?”

            She just rolled her eyes. “Of course they do! I thought you went to Seoul, the greatest university in South Korea.”

            “Music major. And what university does Miss Smarty Pants here go to?”

            “Got a job right out of high school. I could have gone to Seoul, but it didn’t seem worth it.”

            Yonghwa’s eyes shot straight up. “Okay then. That’s really impressive for a 21 year old.”

            She just sipped the smoothie. Yonghwa stared at her. Usually girls just melted in front of him and he had no trouble getting at least 5 confessions a day. The problem was, his hyungs had been trying to set him up with this girl for ages. They all described her as a calm, smart, and cautious person. Not the type that would just sit there and ignore him. He stared at her perfect features and tried not to blush.

            “Look Hyun,”

            “Don’t call me that.”

            “But… I’m really sorry about what happened on the subway.”

            “Don’t want to hear about it.”

            “I just didn’t think anyone would actually get off.”

            She glared and if looks could kill…Yonghwa would be dead on the spot. “Like I said. I don’t want to hear it.”

            Yonghwa felt like a three year old trying to talk to his angry umma. “Anyways, I really am sorry. That must have been a really crappy thing to go through on Valentine’s Day.”

            Seohyun closed her eyes as if calming herself down before putting on a smile. “Okay, I forgive you, I’ll go get you a drink really quickly.”

            Yonghwa sighed contently at the smile and waited anxiously for his drink. A couple minutes passed by, but he could see that there was a line and he leaned back and waited.

            After about ten more minutes, a waitress coughed. He rolled his eyes at the familiar glance over and the sudden aegyo attempts. “Sir? A girl wanted me to bring this over to you and give you a note once you were done.”

            Yonghwa raised an eyebrow but did as he was told… He swallowed the drink as fast as he could because it was actually really disgusting. He spat it out and just held out a hand for the note and thanked the waitress, who handed him her phone number before walking away.

            Dear Seoul University,

                        Thanks for the awesome date… I had such a great time. I hope we never see each other again.

            ~not your date

            Yonghwa sighed. He really did want a fair shot with this girl so he opened his phone. “Hyung? I need a favor.”

Hehe hi guys! Hope you guys liked this chapter! Seohyun holds grudges very well in this one :)

thanks for reading and all the subscribers and comments!

- chocolate-notes :)