Before

Subway

Seohyun sighed as her boss giggled at a hug from behind. It was just another day at the office and it was Valentine's day. Everyone had received heart-shaped chocolates, roses that had been dunked in nauseating perfume, and of course, giant teddy bears.

She loved Valentine's day and no she did not have a problem with romance... It's just that she was the only one with a bare desk. Actually, she had received a box of chocolates and some cards from her girlfriends, but after that...There wasn't anything from the opposite gender. 

Sweeping the goodies into her bag, she stood up and pushed her chair in. 

"Seohyun you can go now." Her boss whispered, a little preoccupied with other things.

She bit her lip, but bowed all the same. "Thank you. Happy Valentines day."


Yonghwa grinned at yet another confession. "Gomawo, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline. I just don't want to be in a relationship with anyone right now." He accepted the box of chocolates, though, he wasn't going to say no to that.

The girl sighed but nodded sadly before walking away.

Minhyuk grabbed the box from him. "Hyung! You rejcted your 17th confession today and you're just going to eat the candy?"

Yonghwa just pulled the hood of the university sweatshirt and grabbed back his goodies. "It was my 26th thank you very much. And there's nothing wrong with rejecting girls. If I reject girls, then they're going to set their standards lower to people like you, and then everyone will get a girl! I'm still waiting for the right one. Besides, she still gave me the candy."

Jonghyun walked up to them. "How can Yonghwa get like a billion confessions and I don't get any?" He flipped his short bangs, or tried to. "What does Yonghwa have that I don't?"

Jungshin calmed him down...kinda... "Well, he's funny, charming, has a pretty face, plays awesome guitar, sings, is a choding... But at least you're taller than him!"

Yonghwa lightly tapped their heads. "Yah. Don't talk to your sunbae like that!"

"Relax, after this year, you'll be out of college and we'll be safe," Minhyuk grinned after he stole a chocolate with pink icing.

The oldest just sighed. "Then I guess our band will be no more."

"No, you're just going to not be able to find a job after college and you'll have to come back to Seoul University in order to find a rich girl who you once rejected and then settle into a househusband" Jungshin stated wisely.

Yonghwa frowned. "Come on, let's just get on the subway and go to that music district. I need more guitar strings before our next performance anyways."


Seohyun buttoned up her coat as she walked down the street. There were hearts everywhere, couples making out, people bawling over past breakups, etc. She didn't have any of that. All that was waiting for her at home was some gogumas and her stuffed animals. She could have gone to Seoul University on a full scholarship, but she had managed to find work in the government as soon as she graduated from high school.

Her phone rang and she picked it up to see that Hyoyeon was dialing her. She put on a smile, even though it wasn't a video call.

"Hi unnie! What are you doing?"

"Oh I'm making dinner for me and my boyfriend. Do you want to come over?"

Her face dropped. "Oh that's okay. I really don't want to be a bother."

"But he said that his friend is coming over to meet you. Like a blind date!"

"No that's okay unnie. I have a lot of work to do at home..." *like watching running man and eating food...*

"Oh okay then. I guess I'll see you this weekend then. Remember, we're all going shopping on Saturday so no working nerd!"

She laughed. "Arrasso-yo. Bye!"

She tossed her phone back into her bag. "Who needs love? I have a tv, goguma, and awesome friends!" She told the soju advertisement in the subway. She dug out her card and swiped it before heading downstairs to catch the next train.


Ok like no one's going to be reading this... But if you are, hi! Hope you liked my pitiful first chapter... I'm thinking about having a second chapter... but  after that I'm not so sure... If I get subscribers/commenters I guess I can extend this 1-shot/2shot into like a whole fic... So thanks for reading if you are!

- chocolate-notes :)