The perils of Seoul U

Subway

 

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry...

naega naega naega meonjeo, nege nege nege ppajyeo, ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby

It's been a while! Hope this chap doesn't disappoint you guys too much!!!


 

Hyoyeon burst into her kitchen while she was drinking her daily drink of ma and apples. “SEOHYUN-A!!!”

            “Ne?”

            “Hurry and get dressed! I’ll take you to Seoul U!”

            “But I was just going to take the subway.”

            Her unnie stared at the clothes she was wearing. “Are you going to go like that?”

            “What’s wrong with it?” Seohyun had on a pink leather jacket over a white short-sleeved shirt, dark skinny jeans, and a pair of boots on, with a small beanie on.

            “Nothing, you look cute. Someone’s making an effort aren’t they!” She winked and helped herself to Seohyun’s secret chocolate stash.

            “Ani! I always wear these… And do you even know how to get there?”

            “Of course I do! Hurry up!”


 

            …No, unnies don’t know Seoul University at all. Which is why Seohyun found herself in front of the huge metal letters at the front of the building, alone and with no help at all except for a scrap of paper with a dorm number...oh and the smartest kids in South Korea.

            “Excuse me, but where is the Gwanasaka dorm?” she asked a passing student.

            “Just turn past the café and you’ll see it.”

            “Gamsahmida!” she bowed before hurrying off in that direction. *I can’t believe I’m actually at Seoul university!* Mentally screaming, she still managed to keep a calm face. If she was confident enough, maybe people would mistake her as a student?

            A huge building came into view soon after and she walked in through the front door.

            “Excuse me miss, but you can’t be in the boys’ dormitory.” An older professor frowned at her.

            Seohyun gave a shy smile. “Oh, but I just have to give something to my oppa.”

            “Which is?”

            “His guitar? His name is Jung Yonghwa in the applied music department.”

            His gruff face melted into a smile. “Oh you’re Yonghwa’s little sister? Yes he’s a very talented young boy. I guess I can make an exception. You’re lucky you came in late, none of the students will see you then.”

            She bowed and walked down the halls lined with identical doors poking out every few feet. *8 in the morning is late? Well it’s Seoul U, they’re probably all studying*

            Seohyun found the right door and gave a tiny and hesitant knock. It was opened by a yawning student who’s eyes widened at the sight of her. “Omo, hyung! Subway girl is here!”

            “Subway girl?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

            “Miane noona! We didn’t think anyone would actually accept a confession from babo hyung!” he clung to her legs and pouted. “Forgive me?”

            “Yah Kang Minhyuk! Stop groveling, you need to hurry up and finish that assignment.” Another scowling boy was already holding a guitar and a bag of snacks. “Oh annyeonghassaeyo! I’m really sorry about what happened, but I have to go to class. Excuse me.” He gave her a quick grin. According to his nametag, his name was Lee Jonghyun. “MINHYUK IF YOU AREN’T AT THE PRACTICE ROOM WITH ME AND JUNGSHIN IN 5 MINUTES, I WILL PERSONALLY GO AND SMASH ALL YOUR DRUMS AND SNACKS TO PIECES!” Bowing with a perfectly dapper grin to Seohyun, he closed the door.

            “Yeah, hyung is only like that to pretty girls…Ah I’m so hungry…But I need to go…” Minhyuk whimpered and slung a bag around his shoulder.

            “Um, do you want this?” Seohyun pulled out a granola bar from her bag and offered it to him.

            His eyes lit up and he hugged her again before running after his hyung. “Thanks noona!”

            The door slammed shut, leaving the usually hectic dorm silent. Seohyun set down her guitar on the floor and looked around.


 

            It was actually pretty neat for being a 3 room college dorm. A small kitchen area was clear of messy dishes. Everything was stacked up. That is, until she looked closely, all the cooking utensils, pots, and pans were covered in a fine layer of dust. She looked into the cupboards, crackers. The refrigerator? Crackers. The kimchi refrigerator? Crackers. She stuck her tongue out and resisted the urge to make something that wasn’t processed in a factory.

            All of her unnies called her umma because of how much she mothered and nagged them about their health. *Well it’s important!* Seohyun wandered into the living room, plain and simple with a couch and a tv.

            One bedroom had two beds and was pretty neat and orderly. Another one had a few music books, face products, and a couple guitars.

            The third one she opened was the messiest. A keyboard was shoved into the corner, papers scrawled with music, a few guitars lying on top of the bed, a recording area, and a computer. The thing that really set it apart from the others was a sleeping Yonghwa at his desk with his headphones in, guitar in his lap, and drooling on a stack of sheet music.

            He actually looked…you know…kind of cute and innocent? *Ani, I’ve already forgiven him. He might as well be cute and innocent…*

            She poked him with her finger, but he just snored in response. Giggling, she leaned over to see what she was working on. Then things happened.

1)   Yonghwa woke up

2)   As he woke up, he saw Seohyun and jumped with a yelp

3)   The guitar got knocked to the ground and Seohyun bent down to grab it the same time as Yonghwa did

4)   Good news: They saved the guitar

5)   Bad news: they kind of rammed their heads together in the process

 

      Yonghwa laughed and rubbed his head. “Good morning Hyun. Didn’t think you would be here on time.”

      Flinching a little as she felt her own growing bump, she gave him a small glare. “Of course I’m on time. What else would you expect?”

            He resisted the urge to squeeze her cheeks, that pout was way too adorable. *Nope, still friends.* “Here I’ll get you some ice for that. Oh and do you mind if I take a shower? I kind of don’t want to teach you smelling like this…”


 

            A few minutes later, Seohyun was sitting on the couch, her pink guitar in her lap and an ice pack on her head. She picked at a couple strings, admiring the pretty sounds a hunk of wood could make, when Yonghwa came out in a white t-shirt and damp hair.

            “Okay, ready to learn?”

            She pursed her lips and looked at his hair. “You should dry that or else you’ll get sick.”

            “It’s warm enough, it’ll dry on its own.” He turned into the kitchen to grab something.

            Seohyun thought for a few seconds. *It’s going to be weird, but at least he won’t get sick this way.* She picked up a white towel and draped it over Yonghwa’s head.

            “Yah, what are you doin—Ah! That hurts!” he complained and tried to wiggle out from underneath the horrible towel.

            She giggled. He was such a choding, can’t even tolerate getting his hair dried? His hair smelled nice though, she wondered what kind of shampoo he used. “Will you hold still?”

            “If you call me oppa.”

            Almost absentmindedly, almost, she muttered. “Arraso Yonghwa oppa.” She almost (keyword: almost) missed the way his cheeks shot upwards, an aftermath of the huge grin on his face.

            After a few more rubs, she took the towel away and laughed. “It’s all dry now.” Covering with the towel, she tried to keep a straight face.

            It was dry, and also sticking up in every direction. He looked like a very ruffled chicken.

            Yonghwa raised an eyebrow before patting his hair down into it’s normal style. “Better now?”

            She nodded and shrugged off her jacket before sitting back down on the couch. “So how do I play?”


 

            Seohyun was a pretty fast learner. All Yonghwa had to do was place his fingers on the board, and she would copy him. It helped that she already knew how to play piano, so it was easier since she knew the note names and had a good enough ear to distinguish between them.

            “Okay how about an A-minor chord?” He fixed his fingers on the board, and brushed the strings.

            Sticking her tongue out in concentration, Seohyun tried to copy his fingers, but the notes that came out were…well let’s just say that they weren’t that pretty. Yonghwa laughed and leaned over to move them a few centimeters. She strummed it, leaving a haunting harmony in the air. Smiling at the sound, she studied the way his fingers gracefully until they pulled away.

            “Here, you can learn the pretty fast. Let’s work on your strumming.” He had her sit on a stool, holding the guitar, while he stood behind her. His fingers glossed over the fingerboard, callused hand having memorized everything. Seohyun was just told to strum as she saw fit, and came up with a catchy rhythm.

            Then she noticed what the song Yonghwa was playing and played the rhythm of the song.

Humming along, she started looking to see where Yonghwa was putting his fingers and tried memorizing. He noticed and grinned.

I am yours, like the sun which sets 

The beautiful memories are all from one place 

Precious memories of the naive days together 

Woo- they remain as a picture which has no regrets 

            She blinked a little at his singing. It was just so smooth, perfectly in tune, and basically it was a voice from the heavens above. Sure he was a music major, played the guitar and piano, and wrote music…But who knew that he would have a voice like that?

            Yonghwa noticed that she had stopped playing, so he just took the pick from her fingers and continued to sing and play with his right arm looping over her shoulder in order to reach the strings.

            He studied the way her hair fell across her shoulder perfectly, barely brushing against the body of the instrument. Her eyes sparkled as they watched his fingers shift throughout the notes.

You are mine and make the lonely times pass 
You are the sunlight which shines on me 
Your small white hand in mine 
Like the sparkle of a jewel it makes the promise of eternity 

            Seohyun sang along in a soft harmony and looked up with a smile. It faded a little as she saw him staring at her and singing to her.

You are mine, like a sad graduation song 
You are still a small part of this hear tof mine 
Your beauty glitters in your eyes 
Like so many stars I hope you will always shine 

 

I am yours, like the sun which sets 
The beautiful memories are all from one place 
Precious memories of the naive days together 
Woo- they remain as a picture which has no regrets 

 

            She could smell the minty toothpaste he had used and, given the time, count the number of eyelashes above his soft eyes. As he strummed the last chord, he leaned in a little bit to brush her hair back.

            “YONGHWA! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PLAYING THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING? I HAVE AN AUDITION TOM—“ a tall boy with very tousled hair barged in and stared at the two of them. “IS THAT A GIRL WITH YOU??? GIRLFRIEND?” he spluttered and walked closer.

            “Not now Kwanghee. And she’s not my girlfriend.” He muttered something else under his breath, but Seohyun didn’t have time to figure things out.

            “Thanks Yonghwa.” She grabbed her bag and fled out the door, hoping that her cheeks weren’t so red that the other students peeking out of their rooms would notice.

            *Aish jinja! I was just about to learn how to play that song right. Why did he have to come in? How do you get out of this place anyways?* She found herself in the staircase and just ran until there was nowhere else to run to. It was pretty cold to...Wait...she forgot her jacket! Well no time to worry about that. What would happen if she was caught basically breaking into the boys dorm at Seoul University? She might be deported... Finally finding an exit sign, she ran towards it.

            She had just run out the door when she heard someone call out her name.


 

            “I’m the head of this dorm. I could get you out of the showcase for this.” Kwanghee threatened as Yonghwa grabbed something off of the sofa.

            Ignoring the hysteric threats, he opened the window. “Hyun!” He threw down the jacket and waved as she caught it, bowed, and hurried to the gates.

            “IS SHE A STUDENT? OH MY GOSH YONGHWA, WHY ARE YOU KEEPING HER JACKET?”

            *Wait, what?* Yonghwa mentally slapped himself as he found himself with a pink coat and missing a Seoul U sweatshirt.

            A certain professor waved everyone back into their rooms and walked in. “What is all this commotion?”

            “Sunsaengnim! Yonghwa had a girl in here!”

            Yonghwa flinched and lowered his eyes. Why did it have to be one of his favorite teachers? And why was he in the dorm with Kwanghee as the head? But the next words out of the old teacher’s mouth surprised him.

            “Of course he did. His sister had to drop off some stuff. Are you all right Kwanghee? Is it those pre-audition jitters again? I’ll make you some chamomile tea, doesn’t that sound nice?”

            “MWOH? With all due resp—How di—Saeng!” he spluttered and was dragged out of the room.

            Yonghwa blinked. *What just happened?* He shook his head and decided to forget it, he had to get to class. After packing up Seohyun’s guitar and putting it by the door, he grabbed his own and walked out the door. Almost as an afterthought, he grabbed a slip of paper from his desk and stuffed it in his pocket.


 

            Monday evening, Seohyun was finishing up an apple and typing up a report to give to her supervisor. It was actually due in a few weeks, but there was nothing else to do and she still had 10 minutes until she could leave.

            She heard a couple gasps, the spritzing of perfumes, and several thuds. Rolling her eyes, she closed her laptop and looked around to see what the commotion was. A crowd of female workers were pressed up by the door, hastily putting on makeup and fixing their hair.

            What was it this time? Another rare celebrity that just need to drop by the office? An attractive husband? Reporters?

            Seohyun just shook her head and picked up her phone to play a game for the last 7 minutes. What was the point of getting all worked over a guy who either had really good genes or enough money to have plastic surgery? She wasn’t desperate for a significant other.

            To her surprise, the giggles grew louder and stopped abruptly. A guy in neat jeans and a sweater had stopped in front of her desk. She glanced up to see Yonghwa grinning at her.

            “Hey Hyun, slacking on the job much?”

            “Yonghwa? What are you doing here?” She put her phone down and glanced warily at her co-workers who had gathered around, others trying to be more secretive as they peeked over the dividers.

            “Well I accidentally gave you the wrong jacket, here you go.” He handed her her pink jacket, eliciting gasps from a few of the women. “And here’s your guitar, some sheet music.” He dropped a stack of books about 3 feet high onto her desk. “And finally, here’s something that might interest you if you don’t have anything to do Friday night.” He placed a ticket on top of the stack and grinned. “See you later Hyun.”

            He waved and turned around, trying to find a way out. 


 

            A few girls glared enviously at Seohyun as everyone got back to work. Not only was she pretty, smart, got her job faster than everyone else, but also had a really really really attractive boyfriend.

            Said girl didn’t really notice all the attention though. All that was going through her mind was how to get all of this home. She tucked a few books into her bag and stacked the rest of them in piles underneath her desk. That all done, she shrugged on her jacket and looked at the slip of paper Yonghwa had dropped off.

            It had a few words written out. Basically it was a ticket to the school showcase on Friday. Smiling, she tucked it into her bag and grabbed her guitar before heading out the door.


So...sorry? I kind of left this story for like two months...but yay I updated! Instead of updating a story I haven't thought about since December...

But yeah school, comebacks, assignments, comebacks, comebacks...SO MANY COMEBACKS!!!

Still obsessed with I'm sorry, but Shinee, BAP, Nu'est, Ukiss...ok i'll stop now

This chapter isn't the best (they're getting worse grr) but this one's kind of a plot development. As some of you might be able to tell, I have a bunch of things from the dramas that the members acted in (Heartstrings for Yonghwa and MInhyuk and A gentleman's dignity for Jonghyun) both of which are pretty good. So yeah, if you guys have problems with that or are totally against heartstrings because of yonghwa and park shin hye (flower boy next door omg so good) then let me know ;)

btw i might come back and edit this one...a lot...cause i wrote it while i was like half asleep and i have no idea and lately my writing and my english teacher keeps calling me out on it...aigoo.

So yeah! Until next time (which i hope is very soon depending on how much work teachers decide to pile on me)

thanks for reading! OMG so many subscribers and i got like 5 while i was on the hiatus... O.O

- chocolate-notes :)