Confession?

Subway

 

Seohyun waited behind the yellow line as the front of the train sped by. The wind started dying down and the doors opened. She found a spot, but quickly left after a grandmother glared at her.

            She sighed as she grabbed onto one of the overhead loops and settled herself for the ride.

            At the last second, a young guy got on board and took a loop close to hers. He was pretty good-looking, ok well he was just perfect, happy? He looked around with a shy smile and fiddled with his Seoul University sweatshirt.

            That sweatshirt was making quite a few people stare, as that was the best university in South Korea. He bowed before clearing his throat and starting to talk.

            “Annyeonghasaeyo. My name is Jung Yonghwa. I am not trying to sell you water bottles or other gimmicks that probably aren’t going to work. As you can see, I’m too young for that kind of work.”

            A couple young school girls giggled and looked at Yonghwa.

            “I am 23 years old and I’m currently at Seoul University. And I’m sorry to disappoint everyone, but I’m not in the medical field. I am a musician.”

            Seohyun raised her eyebrows. *What on earth was this guy doing? Giving all his personal information out. And why would he say he’s a musician? It doesn’t count for anything here unless you’re going to the Seoul Symphony Orchestra or a kpop star*

            “I’m pretty good at cooking I guess. I’m amazing at guitar and singing. I think I’m pretty nice as most guys go. I love to make people laugh and I’m not bad on the eyes either.” He winked at a couple of girls.

            Seohyun just shook her head at the scene. There was no way this guy was real. No could be that perfect, and they certainly wouldn’t have to go confessing to girls on the subway if they were. He probably got hundreds of confessions and lost track of every one.

“Lately around Seoul university and just around in general, I see a lot of guys walking around with blonds or other foreigners. I kind of feel Korean girls are being neglected. So I’m looking for someone, a girl between the ages 19-27. I don’t care if I’m the younger one in a relationship. I haven’t been in one for a really long time because I’m still waiting for the right person.”

He turned to grin at Seohyun. “So soulmate, if you are here. Could you get off at the next stop with me?”

Seohyun worked to keep the smile off her face. Was it really fate?

A couple of guys snorted. “Yah, what kind of guy goes and confesses on a subway?”

Yonghwa just shrugged. “It works in the movies, it can happen in real life.”

The train started slowing down. He turned around, putting on a brave smile. “Ladies, I’m going to say it one more time. If you do really want to go with me, just get off at this stop and I’ll meet with you.”

The doors opened and Seohyun shyly got off. Others got off as well, but none of them were young girls and everyone kept walking. But she turned around and looked for Yonghwa. He stuck his head out of the door and said something.

“Aghasshi. It was just a joke,” he whispered to her before the doors closed. He moved back from the door and gave her one last look before the train started to move again.

Seohyun blinked as the train sped past and the wind brushed past her, leaving her all alone at the platform.

...wow! I didn't think all of you guys would comment and subscribe! ahhh *hugs everyone* to be honest this was just going to end here but then you guys seem to want more so I guess I can maybe post some more chapters... srry this chapter was really short... But this is where the short film ended and now I guess it's my thoughts after...I'm sorry but it's probably not going to be as good as you guys think it will be...so don't expect anything too big!!!

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!!!

- chocolate-notes :)