Lotte World

Subway

You’re the president of my heart

The next morning, Seohyun woke up to a blaring alarm screaming in her ear. “Aigoo,” she sighed. It was only four in the morning, but the power must have come back on a few seconds ago.

            She managed to get herself up and turned off all of the lights and throw her alarm out the window. But it was already too late, there was no way she could go back to sleep.

            She quickly the blender and made herself a ma and apple smoothie. But looking at it in the tall glass reminded her of last night. It was almost as if she could still smell his sweet cologne…The sweatshirt!

            Seohyun looked down to see that she was still wearing the gray Seoul sweatshirt that person had given her. She sighed. Maybe she could give it to that Lee Joon guy and return it somehow.

            Her phone rang and she picked it up to hear Yoona unnie’s cheerful voice. “Seohyun! Guess what?”

            “What?” she groaned.

            “I got you a blind date!”

            She blinked and carefully took another sip of her drink. “Unnie, that’s really nice of you. But I don’t want to exactly go on one. And why are you up so early?”

            “I have my reasons. Now jebaaaaaaal? Please? Go on this one itsy bitsy date for me?”

            “I have work.”

            “Just call in sick.”

            Seohyun sighed and poured the rest of her drink down the drain. “Who is it?”

            “Just a friend of a friend. At the very least, you’ll get a new friend out of it!”

            She laughed. “Okay unnie. Where is the date?”

            “Go to Lotte World and be at the front gates by 10. He’ll come to you.”

            “Arasso-yo. Gomawo-yo unnie.”


 

            Yoona grinned as she hung up and then turned to frown at the two people who had broken into her house last night. “Byunghee, Lee Joon. If you two don’t get out of my house in ten seconds, I’m going to call the cops.”

            G.O. gave her a hug. “Thanks Yoona! We owe you one.”

            She tried very hard not to look angry. “No, you owe me three. 1) for breaking into my house. 2) for breaking into my house at three in the morning! 3) this favor for your friend, but I guess I can overlook that one. I think it’s nice that he likes Seohyun so much.”

            Lee Joon chuckled. “Well it would be nice to see him with a nice girlfriend for once.”

            G.O. groaned at a text. “He wants to know what he should wear. What’s Seohyun’s ideal type?”

            She thought for a moment before replying. “She doesn’t really have one. It’s more on his personality, which your friend can’t fake around Seohyun. I don’t know. Just tell him to wear something casual, but don’t go overboard.”

            Yoona threw a stuffed animal at the boys. “Let’s hope so. Or else my sleep would have been ruined for nothing.”

 


 

            Seohyun sighed at the thought of her only jacket being at Hyoyeon’s house last night. She didn’t go back because she thought that Yonghwa guy would be there. She reluctantly pulled the sweatshirt back on and pulled on a pair of jeans.

            What was the point in dressing up and looking nice for what was probably going to be a two hour date? And she would probably never see the guy again. At the very least, she was going to get some fun out of this.

            She did do some basic makeup and brushed her hair though. A word of advice, never go into the center of Seoul without looking like you had put some effort in your appearance…They will stare at you and it isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world to be looked at by a bunch of strangers.

            She warily got on the subway, looking out for any other psychotic college guys trying to fool girls, and got off at the Seoul stop.

            At 9:57, she was standing in front of the Lotte ticket center. There were one or two groups of kids, a couple foreigners, but the place was virtually empty except for a couple ahjummas doing their morning shopping at the Lotte mall.

            She had walked over to see a couple balloons and bags of cotton candy when a young man approached her.

            “Seohyun-ssi?”

            She turned around to see a guy of around average height, big eyes (for a korean), dark jeans, a sweater, a pair of converse, and a mask over his mouth.

            “Ne. Are you my blind date?”

            He grinned, or she thought he did. “Ne, I’m your date. Thank you for meeting me on such short notice.”

            His voice was muffled, but she could already tell that this date was going to be better than others (i.e. last night).

            “No problem. Shall we go in?”

            He nodded and looked at her attire. “I’m glad to know I’m not underdressed. I thought a group of grandmothers were going to attack me with their shopping bags. Is that a Seoul university sweatshirt? I didn’t know you were this smart.”

            She shook her head. “Nope, but I could have gone. A…friend just left it behind.” Seohyun swore she saw the eyes twinkle but she ignored it. They got on the escalator after buying their tickets. “Um can I ask why you’re wearing a mask?”

            Her date just shrugged. “I don’t really like being judged for looks. And also I kind of have a cold and don’t want you to get sick.”

            “Aw, that’s so nice! But I don’t date guys based on their looks.”

            He nodded. “Tell you what, if the date goes well, then I’ll take it off.”

            Seohyun cheered and her eyes lit up as they took in the indoor amusement park. The man behind the mask just watched her and noticed how pretty her smile was. “Where do you want to go first?”

            “The hot-air balloon! That way we can see what kind of rides there are!”

            He laughed and let himself be dragged to a bright orange hot air balloon. They looked at the various rides and admired the skate rink from above. Unfortunately, there was a class going on so it wasn’t something they could do. But the Viking ship, haunted house, pharaoh’s tomb, the cave ride, the roller coaster, and of course all the little stores and food places.

            “Where should we go first?” Seohyun wondered as she looked through the rope barrier of the basket.

            “You decide. Ladies first after all.”

            She yelped when they passed through the pharaoh ride and ‘fire’ blasted along the rocks. Sheepishly, she turned around and smiled. “Wah, you’re really nice! Unlike a lot of the guys I know. Okay how about the river ride?”

            “Arraso.”

            The river ride was pretty awesome. It was a giant circle tube that seated 8 people and sent you down twists and turns with animals and crystals everywhere. Since it was a weekday and in the morning, they stayed in the boat and went around for a while.

            “Okay ahjusshi, you can pick the next one.”

            “AHJUSSHI??? Fine, let’s go on the Viking Ship,” he declared with a mischievous look in his eyes, as if daring her to refuse. Because the rest of his face was un-readable, Seohyun was quickly catching on to the emotion his eyes told.

            “Let’s go then.”

 


 

            An older ahjumma with what looked like her children, probably from America, a middle aged couple, and a couple teenagers (probably skipping school) were on the ride with them.

            As the ride started, the kids yelled at the teenagers while holding up their arms, “I bet you guys are too scared to do this!”

            The older guys just snorted and held up their hands higher than the kids. The couple laughed before raising their hands as well.

            Seohyun bit her lip but her date nudged her. “Come on Hyun, raise your arms! It’s fun!” he let out a whoop and almost stood up, or tried to as the barrier prevented him from falling.

            She cautiously raised her arms but was thinking about what he had called her. Hyun, it sounded nice when he said it.

 


 

            The spinning tea cups gave both of them a headache, the waterlog/dinosaur ride was pretty fun, except Seohyun had her eyes closed as the picture was taken.

            But the haunted house wasn’t as scary as she had expected…but her date was terrified.

            “Psht, come on Seohyun, it’s not scary,” he had assured her when they walked in the entrance…And then almost jumped into her arms at the first ghost.

            She was giggling when they came out. “You scream like a girl.”

            He straightened his sweater, his feathers were clearly ruffled. “Ani! It’s just that you were having no reaction so I felt bad for the workers. Of course someone needs to act scared, they would go out of business otherwise.”

            Rolling her eyes, she led them to a snack bar where they ate some churros and smoothies.

            She looked over a smirked. “How are you going to eat that with a mask on?”

            His eyes widened…He hadn’t really thought about that… “Hey what’s that?” He pointed upwards and she looked. When she looked back down with a frown, the snack was gone and there were crumbs on the mask.

            “Very smart. Now let’s go have some fun!”

            Her date also won her a stuffed goguma doll at the arcade, which she liked very much. They also visited the various pets they had in the mini zoo.

            They rode pretty much everything and it was well in the afternoon and people were starting to trickle in from school and work in order to enjoy the amusement park.

            “Hey do you want to go outside?”

            She nodded. “Okay.”

 


 

            Like most days in Korea, it was cloudy and looked like it was about to rain…or snow… whichever one the weather preferred.

            “Let’s hurry up and ride one before they shut it down!”

            He led her over to a ride that took you straight up and dropped you (yes we’ve all seen that ride).

            She gulped nervously. “Are you sure?”

            Nodding, he looked over and raised an eyebrow. “Are you scared?”

            “Ani…Ne…I don’t know…”

            He patted her shoulder. “If you get through this with your arms raised, I’ll grant you a wish…But if you don’t, then you get to grant me a wish.”

            Seohyun liked challenges and looked up at the ride. “Deal.”

            It turns out…it’s harder to keep your arms up on a terrifying ride that it sounds like. She sighed and brushed her hair back into its normal position. The employees quickly ushered everyone inside as it started to rain/snow…sleet?

            She looked down at her watch to see that it was almost six and she had dinner plans with some of her unnies. “That was kind of fun. All right, what’s your wish? I have to go soon.”

            “I want you to go out with me.”

            Seohyun blinked. “That’s very…straightforward. Is that a wish or a demand?”

            He tilted his head. “I guess it could be both.”

            She shrugged. “I had fun, I’ll admit that. I guess it would be okay for us to see each other again.”

            His eyes lit up. “Chincha?!?”

            Nodding, she smiled at the excited boy in front of her.

“Yay!” he jumped up and down and hugged her.

            That was when Seohyun noticed he had a familiar smell…the smell of a certain cologne that was on her sweatshirt at the moment. She slipped the mask off to see Jung Yonghwa grinning in front of her.

            “Well? Am I a genius or what?” he asked

            Seohyun cleared after a brief pause. “I think this belongs to you.” She slipped off her sweatshirt and handed it along with the mask to him. “I’m sorry, but I’m pretty sure you know that I don’t want to date you.”

            His face dropped. “But, you just said you would and I thought you had fun!”

            “Well I thought the guy on the subway train was a genuine guy…Turns out, he’s not.”

            Yonghwa pouted. “You broke your promise. You said you were going to date me.”

            She shrugged. “But I promised myself I would never date you. Annyeong Yonghwa-ssi.” She bowed before walking back out into the mall.

Yonghwa sighed before gathering the sweatshirt in his arms. It smelled a little bit like her perfume. He ruffled his hair and kicked the wall, wincing at the impact. Maybe it was time to give up? He frowned. Before any of that, it was time to get out of this sweater…Jonghyun had loaned it to him and it was really itchy…

it's okay yong! you still have me! haha so this chapter was loooooong/random and i'm sorry but it was supposed to be 2 chapters but then no...

ok so yes pretty much everything happened to me in the fic the last time i went to lotte...and btw never ever wear running shorts in Incheon/Seoul paired with a tshirt because people stare at you like you're some kind of foreigner (which technically i am) and you will have a whole busload of people staring at you wondering what kind of person would wear insanely short shorts at 7 in the morning... hehe

so yes yong is frustrated...should he keep trying?...duh yes :) i think next update might be next week or longer sorry school's getting really scary with tests...

hehe over 40 subbies! Saranghae!!!

- chocolate-notes :)