Chapter 7

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

 

GD anti-note #4


For the love of my favorite pink-striped socks, just get me the hell out of here. It's lunch time and all of us trainees were invited by Teddy oppa to have lunch together. Oh, yes it was cool like that. Anyway, I know I'm saving this Teddy oppa encounter to Ji Eun once I get back home because she's been practically drooling over 1tym since who-knows-when. Unfortunately [and you know this was coming], Big Bang just have to tag along. Not that I mind T.O.P, Taeyang, Deasung and Seungri...but the thing is, Big Bang spells GD a.k.a the next try-hard narcissus as well. We can't just leave him, yes? So officially my precious lunch time with the trainees and some of YG's hottest just went down the drain like that. Thank you GD. [insert sarcasm]. 

As we were eating, I couldn't help but notice how freakishly thin he was. Someone give him a sandwich!!! Not that I'm concerned, but we can't have people looking up to someone who's borderline anorexic. A few time during the meal Aera kept on whispering how starstruck she was right now. Well, I am too, but "the Kwon leader" is here as well so..nvm. 

"More kimchi please!" The object of my hate interrupted my thoughts. What a rude guy. Ugh. If my lunch time at the YG caf would be like this for as long as I stay here, I'd go craaaaaaaaaazy. Before Mina could pass the dish to him, I immediately placed mine right in front of Jiyong's plate.

He looked at me. "You don't like it?"

I gave him a super-duper-saccharine smile in return. "No, I don't. So you can have it." I pushed it further to him. "Come on."

I thought everything would be fine, but then the jerk suddenly pushed it back towards me. "No, you have it. You're
 training hard, so you have to eat well. Can't tell YG that we don't treat our trainees right." He smirked, as he continued, "besides, you're freakishly thin. Sometimes when I look at you I want to give you a sandwich or something."

Awkward silence transpired around the table, baby.

How dare he. As if he looked so healthy! I felt my face heating up. What is he doing, teasing me like that? Do we even have a close relationship?

Teddy oppa cleared his throat. "Aish, Ji, stop it. She's not that thin. And anyway, go get your own. Don’t boss other trainees around."

HA! I looked at Teddy oppa adoringly. DARA: 1 [with the help of Teddy oppa, yay!], JIYONG: 0

 



 


JIYONG POV

"Aish, Ji, stop it. She's not that thin. And anyway, go get your own. Don’t boss other trainees around."

Dammit. I'm seriously getting convinced by the minute that this girl uses weird voodoo charms. Why does she have a certain power over half of the guys here? I couldn't forget that pseudo-argument T.O.P hyung and I had about her a while ago. I was just saying that Dara needs to train harder because she seemed blah compared to the other trainees. I could made the others agree with me when hyung argued that I shouldn't be too hard on her because everybody has weaknesses and thus, should be given the chance to improve.

"I mean, dude just look at me. I hafta admit I couldn't do sick freestyle rapping before. But I was given the chance right?" He gave me this patronizing smile. "See where second chances can take you? I'm here now, doing my own thing. Adn one of the hottest rapper in K-pop history at that!"

"Hyung, that's different! You have talent, but Dara? She's just a pretty face."

"I didn't know you find her pretty," Taeyang suddenly chimed in. He and T.O.P hyung looked at each other and high-fived.

"Shut up," I answered back. "ever heard about beauty without substance?"

"My god, she's a trainee not a girl vying for Ms. Korea title!" Hyung shook his head. "Nevertheless, I say she should be given all the chance that she could get. End of discussion."


End of discussion, it is. I look at her now, laughing and joking with the others, oblivious to the strange effect she has on me. There have been times already wherein I did consider liking her, on being close to her. However, every time I do so, she just gives me this weird feeling; it's like she doesn't want to get close to me. There are times when I'd catch her looking at me, giving me creepy smiles, mouthing ridiculous phrases...the list goes on and on. So, what the eff is up? 

"Jiyong!" I suddenly hear Teddy hyung's voice from the far end of the table.

"Huh?" I replied, my face blank.

"Dude, are you ok?" Taeyang whispered beside me. "Just get your act straight! You're looking at her like a madman again. tsk!" 

I could hear soft giggles from the other girls at the table, while the rest of the guys were just shaking their heads in amusement. Dara? Well, let's just say that her cheshire-cat smile was on her face again. Victorious. 



 


PREVIEW CHAPTER 8 ;)

DARA :

"Well, he looks girly for the most part, to be honest." I tried to sound like I'm giving a sincere criticism regarding Jiyong's fashion sense. Us trainees as well as most of YG artists were on the lobby, waiting for our rides to come. All of us were invited to one of the company PD's wedding ceremony this afternoon. Huge celebration, but I've come to learn that the whole company is really serious about this YG-is-family thing. So, here we are. 

"Haha, I know what you mean," Seunghyun agreed as he was fixing his bow-tie. "But seriously, he can look real dope if he wants to. It's just that, he can get moody with the way he dresses, you know?"

"Well, I like Jiyong oppa's style." Aera said shyly, joining into our conversation.

Seunghyun just looked at her, surprised. "Oh, well...If you say so." 

I rolled my eyes. I like Aera with all my heart, but Jiyong's style commendable? Hell no. I tried to break it gently to her that Jiyong looks like Boy George for the most part. "Dunno, he looks more girly than I. So I guess I have yet to see awesome he can be. As of now? I guess--" 

"Well, you can start saying what you think about me now."

All of us turned to look. There he was, standing proudly, making sure that everybody would notice his grand entrance. 

I just stared at him, trying to make sure if it was really him. 

Okay okay okay okay. I still hate him. I don't like him. I can't stand him. He's irritating. He's annoying to death.

But that black suit that he was wearing was saying otherwise. OH NO.