Chapter 11

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

JIYONG POV

That was one of the worst arguments that I had with hyung in months. And it's about a girl; a girl who we barely knew, for chrissakes. I left the room without saying a word minutes after he did, and much to my disappointment, the guys didn't even try to stop me. Damn, I didn't realize that it made me feel stressful -- to hell with Dara, the humiliation I felt at the party and to the revenge I just had earlier. It was just weird though, I usually hear that revenge should taste sweet -- but why do I have this bitter aftertaste in my mouth? Is that normal? I was in this contemplative state as I sat beside the vending machine located at the end of the corridor; I stayed that way for almost half an hour before deciding to have a cigarette break.

I stood up, walked outside and went to the secluded back lot of the building. It's a pretty safe place and most of us in YG tend to go there when we wanted to spend some time by ourselves; the huge trees surrounding it as well as the benches underneath it were always a good spot for some alone time.

Or in this particular moment, some alone time with someone.

It was getting darker and the lights hadn't been yet, but there was no mistaking that there were two people sitting in one of the benches --- Dara and hyung. There they were, talking and laughing from time to time, the 'dinner' hyung brought placed safely between them. As much as I'm pissed at the two of them, curiosity got the best of me and I decided to stay behind one of the trees near them and just hide in the shadows.

To, oh well, casually eavesdrop on their conversation what else.

"I'm glad Mina and Minji were able to convince you to come here," Hyung was saying to Dara. He gave her a sheepish grin. "I thought they wouldn't ace it. Mina was doubtful of my plan when I told her about it."

"Well, the combination was kinda weird, so I was curious." Dara laughed that peculiar laugh of hers again, and I felt a dull ache creep up inside me upon hearing it once more. She looked around and sighed quietly. "Oh, I never knew this place before. Well, I guess I do, but I've never been here before."

"Hm, it's a favorite spot among YG people. Even YG himself likes staying here once in a while." Hyung rummaged through the paper bag between them and took out some food. "Anyway, I'm not aware of what kind of food you like. So spare me if you don't like what I've brought."

Dara waved her hand dismissively. "Aish, I'm not a picky eater anyway. And besides, these are more than enough!" Dara looked at him earnestly. "Seunghyun, thank you. But how about the others?"

"Well, I brought something for them as well." I couldn't really see his face clearly, but was that a blush creeping up hyung's face? Hyung tried to avoid Dara's gaze as he continued, "You just go on and eat."

"Haha, wow Big Bang sunbaes must be earning a lot!" Dara giggled as she took the sandwich hyung was offering to her. "First, Jiyong brought lunch, and now this!"

"But he didn't buy lunch for you, right?" Wow, hyung, I thought bitterly, Way to ruin my reputation!

Dara stopped smiling and looked down as she replied, "Well, I can't blame him. So it's okay."

"Are you talking about the wedding reception weeks ago? I hafta admit, you really acted like a b1tch, so I could understand how Jiyong must have felt. But I just didn't like the fact that he'd resort to that kind of stunt just to prove a point."

"I have the same sentiments too, but then again I should have apologized to him. I started this, so..."

Their voices lowered all of a sudden so I couldn't really follow what they're talking about next. I couldn't show myself either, so I just continued watching from afar; Hyung and Dara, hanging out together. Hyung offering food to Dara. Dara accepting it graciously. Hyung cracking jokes, Dara laughing softly in response.

So she felt sorry for what she did from the beginning, it's just that I was completely blinded by my anger and desire to take that 'childish' revenge hyung was pointing out earlier. The dull ache I was feeling was starting to get worse as I see them together, almost a picture of perfection. The longer I look at them, the bigger this gaping hole inside me gets. What bothers me the most is that I should not be feeling any kind of remorse, regret and longing. At this time and situation, I shouldn't feel anything from what I had just seen. But no matter how much I convince myself that it's nothing, it still stings. Hard.

I clenched my fists as I forced myself to turn around, dead sure that that scene would stay etched in my mind for some time.


 

DARA POV


GD anti-note #8:


Just as I was about to change some of my opinion about him, he pulls this kind of stunt. Just as I was about 
give him another chance to prove that he doesn't deserve this kind of hate from us antis, he makes some kind of stupid act.

I hate Kwon Jiyong. 

Today's lunch just proved how much I was about to fall into his trap. What bull, not buying lunch eh? Why did I ever feel guilty over that reception incident two weeks ago? I was even afraid of what I'm turning into because of that nagging feeling, dammit.

It's harder masking my real intention nowadays, even if most people haven't suspected a thing yet. It's just hard acting like I entered YG to reach my dreams or something dumb like that. 

Dreams my foot. If it wasn't for the chance of ruining him I wouldn't have entered this company. Jiyong's time will definitely come. Just wait. Because I think, it's already starting...like...now.

I could only manage to laugh inwardly to myself as I saw him lurking in the shadows three hours ago, eavesdropping and watching us from afar. He thought that I didn't see him? Seunghyun might haven't, because he was just so busy with the dinner that he brought for me [out of pity, I think], but I really did. I'm made for this -- I'm made to expertly feel and notice and single him out like a needle buried in heaps of hay, because I know him too well. Heck, I'm trained to do this. Ji Eun and I worked hard for this.

I waved my hand dismissively as Seunghyun took out some food from the paper bag. "Aish, I'm not a picky eater anyway. And besides, these are more than enough!" I looked at him earnestly before continuing, "Seunghyun, thank you. But how about the others?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jiyong flinching a little. I don't want Seunghyun to find out that I'm watching someone while I'm talking to him, but what's wrong with my little boy?

Was he annoyed because we're here and he couldn't hang out on one of the benches?

Was he pissed because Seunghyun should be siding him, not me?

Was he shocked that I can talk to Seunghyun like that but I just couldn't [or wouldn't] when I'm with him?

'Or...'I thought, and I felt myself smiling slyly. 

Was he jealous?

Hmm, let's see. Seunghyun was currently cracking some jokes to make me laugh, and just to test the waters, I did my subtle but flirty 'look-at-me' laugh and playfully slapped Seunghyun's right arm in response.

I checked out on him again and bingo.

There he was, my little elf, feeling left out as he stood secretly behind the tree. His eyes were flashing daggers, his mouth formed into a thin straight line. He clenched his fists, as if trying to control his feelings. I thought for a second that he would march up to us and smash our faces in fury. But alas, he simply walked away.

Furious. Jealous. Longing.

So he likes me. Or, he finds me attractive. In an ordinary day, I would have found this flattering, even cute. But it's not, and to me this meant a different thing altogether: Total Control.

I can't help but let out a girlish laugh as realize this possibility. It's just sad to see Jiyong lose early in the game. I couldn't believe that I even thought for a second that I would end up a failure, but with how the things a re going, it was actually the other way around.

I've always thought that feelings would be detrimental to one's success. I guess not, because thanks to Jiyong and his childish feelings, I'd have him in my hands like putty in no time.

Yep. Things would be so much easier. 




Preview: Chapter 12

"Yah, Han Mina!!!" I could only look at her furiously as I put a protective arm around Aera -- she was practically shaking like a leaf. "That's enough!" 

Mina only sneered in return, unaffected neither by my outburst nor Aera's muffled sobs. "You know, I know a b1tch when I see one." She then pointed a finger at Aera's shaking form before adding, "And that girl is no different from the ones I've dealt with in the past." What the? I was about to give her my reply but she managed to open first. "Don't tell me I didn't warn you." 

She left the room quietly without giving us the time to answer back, as if nothing happened. 


Don't tell me I didn't warn you. What was that all about?