Chapter 2

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

Dara:


"Oi, noonaaaaaaaaa," My younger brother, Sanghyun cried in mild annoyance. "Will you just change the channel? if you don't like what you're seeing, just push that damn button!"

"Sanghyun!" I hissed back sharply. "Since when did you start using the word 'damn'?! You're still young!"

"What? What's wrong with the word 'damn'? I hear 9-year-old kids muttering that word in the streets nowadays. Heck, grade schoolers in school even use the word f----"

I cut his sentence off by locking my arms around him and clamping his mouth shut. "Enough! You are not going to discuss this with me! Those kids can say it because nobody cares about them," I held him tighter as I was explaining this to him. I can now hear and feel Sanghyun doing his best to break free.

"Mfff-noona-mff," his stifled voice said in reply. I held him tighter still, to no avail. "And unlike those people around them, I care about you...you hear that?!"

My younger brother's eyes were already shooting daggers at me but nodded vigorously, as if to concede. He was becoming paler with my boa-esque grip. "mmmf-noo-mff-noonaIcan'tbreathe!"

I finally released him after that, laughing loudly at his expense. He moved inches away from me. "That is not the right way of correcting a kid's mistakes!" He spat out angrily.

I immediately changed my countenance to an innocent-slash-doting-slash-pretty-noona who only cares about his younger brother. "Aw, Sanghyun. Don't be maaaaaaaad," I cooed as I moved closer to him, reaching out for his hair so I can ruffle it in disarray. 

His face softened, and I smiled inwardly. I know he can't stay mad at me for too long, I'm too adorkable, kekekeke. My younger brother totally buys this everytime. 

"Yeah, yeah. You just go back to your GD trashfest on TV a while ago," he tipped his head at the TV's direction. "He's still on."

Whoo, what a downer. Suddenly my eyes turned cold as I face the TV again. Sanghyun's right, the beastard was still on TV, talking about -- what else -- his self. 

"What and ass," I find myself muttering as I see his face smiling cheekily at the female reporter, as if flirting with her.

"What did you say?" I hear Sanghyun's mocking voice in the background, but I ignore him.

The next few minutes were spent making snide comments about GD's replies, to my younger brother's amusement. I just couldn't stop. I hear Sanghyun suggesting that we just change the channel or turn the TV off, but I just can't seem to listen to him. After a few tries he gave up and just stood up to leave me alone in the living room. 'I'll just get some food,' according to him, but he never came back. He probably just had it.

And then came the question and reply of the century.

"So, GD, I know you have a lot of fans...but what can you say about this recent 'hate sites' on the internet about you? Do antis bother you sometimes?" The female reporter asked him carefully.

And then lo and behold, the 'GD anti' forum me and my friends made was flashed on the screen! I sat up straighter, dumbfounded. OH YES!

The next screencap of G-dragon was priceless. It was like he wanted to smash the camera or the reporter's face right then and there. But then he breathed deeply, trying to remain composed and cool. HEH. Ok, five points for staying calm, I thought. But 100 more points if you just did what I'm thinking.

"Well," GD answered carefully. "Not really."

I almost laughed out loud. Not really? You can practically see his nostrils getting big for trying hard to keep it all in!

"All that matters to me are the people who are behind me, supporting me, and showing me love and appreciation for the music and endeavors that I do."

What bs. But for all we know, he was lying through his teeth. I don't care if the reporter gets fired, I'm just glad she asked him that damned question! The fact that GD's quite affected with the hate he's been receiving just made my day. 

 



 

Jiyong: 


"What the hell, man?" Choi Seunghyun a.k.a TOP [to his fans] said beside me as I sharply turned the TV off in annoyance. "What was she thinking, asking you a question like that?"

I sighed in frustration. "I don't know, hyung. She probably ran out of questions to ask."

"To hell with reporters sometimes," TOP replied. "that was the same reason you told me when some reporter years ago asked what kind and color of underwear I like wearing!"

Both of us laughed out loud, easing the tension. We were watching my interview a while ago. everything was fine until the reporter dropped the bomb and asked me about my antis. The screencap of some web site didn't help, either. It was such a 'lose-your-cool' situation. Definitely not my best interview in a long time.

"Well, at least it's finished. There are still more interviews in the future. Anyway, I can still ask our manager to somehow screen the list of questions next time."

"Sure thing. But," TOP said, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. "I'm quite curious about that hate site. I mean, seriously? I didn't know people do that. I've always felt commenting on blogs was enough."

"Hyung!" I cried in surprise. "You want to see it?! Isn't the shot enough to prove that it actually exists?"

"Well, I'm just saying we have a computer anyway, why not check it out? Who knows, maybe it can somehow improve you as an artist. So in the future, when you get all the glory, you can give each of your hater a big slap in the face."

I paused for a moment. Hyung was right, in a way. It might do me some good. and, if I find the comments too harsh, I can always shut the computer or something.

"Alright," I said, agreeing to hyung's suggestion. "Let's do it."

 



 



Preview: Chapter 3


"I've seen your moves, Dara," Ji Eun replied with a smirk. "You've got some tricks up your sleeve."

"Are you kidding me? NO!" I stomped my foot angrily. "Why don't you do it yourself? You won 3rd in our school's singing contest 2 years ago!"

Ji Eun rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a kid. Just join the audition and try to get in. Once you enter YG's premises as a trainee, you'd get closer to our goal. You'll see him in the flesh."

"That's my point! I can't stand seeing him on TV, why go near him?!"

"Because," she whispered to me, while giving me an icy stare. "There's a saying that keep your friends close...and enemies closer."

This was almost two years ago. I did audition, just so we could make more concrete plans against him. Sometimes it surprises me how our hate made this possible for us, for ME.

Because after 2 years of hard work, I finally got in. 

Get ready, Kwon Jiyong. A new trainee is in YG. You just watch your step.