Chapter 15

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

Dara:

"Are you and Kwon Jiyong hyung dating?"

I almost stopped breathing after hearing Sanghyun's inquiry, two weeks after that mess in our house happened.

"Well?"

I blindly changed the channel, pretending to be unaffected by what he just said. "No. We're not. And please, don't call him hyung. You're not even close."

Sanghyun laughed. "Why the hell not? It rolls off my tongue nicely -- Jiyong hyung. GD hyung, if I want to brag to my friends."

What the. I gave him a good slap on his leg. "Who said you're gonna brag, or tell, that we know each other? Keep your mouth shut."

"Aw, noona. Stop being so mean. I think it's cool that he visited here. I think he likes you, too."

"Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanghyyyyyyyyyyyyyyun," I screeched, annoyed. "You better do something else now! Now if you mind, I have something to watch."

"He likes you, noona. Too bad you're not so fond of him. A-ha, too bad you hate him."

Unexpectedly, the moment he said that, It was I who stopped talking and giving lame comebacks at him. I knew that he liked me, right off the bat. He's just attracted, like he can't help but like me. Not so long ago, I was pretty victorious about it, since this would give me a good lead; I'd definitely have that control over him. But these past few weeks, as he continues to show a lot of affection, why do I feel that I'm the one getting dragged, and not him? He'd often give me food [my favorites, mind you], send me messages [encouraging ones, at that], and lastly, he'd try to be in the same room as me when he can.

Am I really the one who has the power to control me?

Or was it the other way around?

I could continue trying to find out, but my phone beeped all of a sudden. And wouldn't you know it, it was a message from Jiyong. Sigh.

D-d-dara! Dara! Dara! =) =) =) How are you? It's dinner time already, make sure you eat, kk? -Jiyong

Dammit, he's stalking me already. Srsly? After forcefully putting his number on my phone, he then proceeded bombarding me with messages almost every freakin' day. I was about to delete his message when another one came.

What shall I call you? Is Dara ok? I wouldn't really like calling you noona, so what name? =) =) =) -Jiyong

I rolled my eyes. He can call me Dara, as simple as that. And what's up with the triple smileys? I'm sorry but it looks gay.

Hey. You still there? Should I call you? =) =) =) -Jiyong

Dammit. How annoying. Pressing my keys with such loathing, I finally gave him a reply.

Dara would be ok. Yes I will eat. QUIT USING TRIPLE SMILEYS. I get it, you're happy!

There. I was about to put my phone down when another one came. What the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.

But, turns out it wasn't from Jiyong. It's from my best friend, Ji Eun.

dara! dayum read in one of the forums jiyong likes someone! >:D we must know who is it! 

I sat up straighter. That got me! How is that possible? In the forums?! I hurriedly pressed the keys for a reply.

orly?wow, didn't know. is it a trainee...?

Oh shoot. I'm giving myself away. I wanted to cancel the message but I pressed 'sent' already. Dang.

oh bam! maybe. i think? maybe you should know. or maybe, is it you he likes? kekekeke. >:D

I felt goosebumps after reading her message. Damn Ji Eun is she psychic? I was about to reply but yet again, I was interrupted by another message.

Ok, Dara it is for now. that's good! oh you dun't like triple smileys? =( =( =( -Jiyong

Shizz I don't know what to do next. I took a deep breath and started replying.

Ji, No! How could he like me? Not really. It's not gonna happen. Ji, stop saying that! It's blasphemy! You know how much I hate him. got to go, kk.

Ji, can I call you that cause ur name's so long. yes I don't like triple smileys. same with triple frowns.

It took a few minutes before a new set of replies. I hope both of them would give me a break. It's a friday night, for chrissakes!!!

Beep Beep.

I lazily opened my inbox and read Jiyong's first.

Who likes you? I don't get it. You hate him? I hope it's not me. You don't hate me, ryt? kekekeke biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif -Jiyong

I almost jumped out of the sofa. What is he talking about...? OMO. Sensing the unthinkable, I reluctantly read Ji Eun's reply.

duh, u always call me Ji. :| My name's not even long. IKR, both of us hate triple smileys. And yes, even frowns. dara, what's up with u?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

I jumped off the sofa, left my phone lying on it and ran like a fool upstairs, frustrated. Sanghyun on the other hand was utterly shocked by my outburst.

"Noona! You left your phone!" He shouted.

"Dammit, I don't care!" I shouted back. "Flush it in the toilet, why don't you?"

 

Jiyong:

 

Ji, No! How could he like me? Not really. It's not gonna happen. Ji, stop saying that! It's blasphemy! You know how much I hate him. got to go, kk.
 
I felt my forehead crease a little after reading her reply. While it's cute that she wanted to call me Ji [ok so it's bland and she wanted to do that because she feels lazy using my name], I can't help but get confused with what she sent me. Someone likes him? Another guy likes him? What? How is that blasphemy? And ok, he hates the guy?
 
I hope it wasn't me. I decided to let her know about this so that's what I included in my reply. 
 
Who likes you? I don't get it. You hate him? I hope it's not me. You don't hate me, ryt? kekekeke    -Jiyong
 
Thank goodness nobody was there with me because I have this sloppy smile on my face while I was giving her my reply. It's just embarrassing. But, what can I do?
 
I waited for her reply, but it didn't come. Ten minutes after our last exchange of messages, I felt agitated already. Was she pissed? I wasn't really intending for her to get annoyed, I just wanted to talk to her since we don't get to see each other at YG building nowadays.
 
Oh, man, I thought. I guess I should try to call her. I bet if I sent a message saying sorry she wouldn't really reply. Yep, better call her.
 
I hesitated for a minute. Is it really ok? I guess not, but at least I'd get to hear her voice. HAH. That's a secret perk. I hastily dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.
 
One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four rings.
 
Someone picked up at the fifth ring. "hello?"
 
"Hello?" The person on the other line answered back, and I just had to frown a little.
 
It's a guy's voice. What is he doing, why does he have Dara's phone with him?
 
"Hello?" The guy said again. 
 
I cleared my throat and answered, "Yah, can I speak to the owner of the phone, please?" I tried to sound cold so the guy would DUH, get the idea.
 
There seemed to be a pause for a moment before the guy answered back again. "Oh, noona? Hyung! It's Sanghyun speaking."
 
I almost laughed out loud. Dang, what am I thinking. Of course Dara wouldn't normally give her phone to random guys. Of course it's gonna be her brother! 
 
"Ahaha, Sanghyun. Can you please hand the phone to her?"
 
I could hear his laugh on the other line before he replied, "Yes, hyung! Wait for a few minutes."
 
I then heard heavy steps, as if one was going upstairs or something. A few noises here and there, and that was it.
 
"Hello?"
 
I found myself smiling shyly as I heard her voice. "Hey."
 
Oh great. This was my first time calling her and all I could do was say 'hey'. Dang.
 
I heard a sigh escaping from her lips. She seemed tired. "So, what made you call? Something's up?"
 
"Nah, I just..I just wanted to know if you're mad."
 
"Mad? Why would I be mad?"
 
"Well, I thought my last message was pretty wack. So--"
 
She laughed that peculiar laugh of hers again, you know, the kind of laugh that I like hearing from her. Guess what, it sounded really nice, even on the phone. 
 
"Ji. It's cool. I told you I can call you Ji, right? Or maybe I wasn't able to tell you..." She was murmuring something else next but I couldn't quite catch it. What she was saying after that, I wouldn't really know.
 
"Are you tired?" I asked softly. I wouldn't really want her to get annoyed more, and I'm more than thankful that she hasn't hung up on me.
 
"A little bit." She replied. I suddenly heard her taking the phone away from her for a moment. "Sanghyun, leave my room and have a life. Stop eavesdropping!"
 
"Ok." She was back on the line again. "Sorry about that. Anyway, you sure want to burn the lines, huh? Wouldn't it be too expensive?"
 
"Oh, that." I answered back, acting nonchalant. "No. I just called to check up on you anyway. Seeing as we're--you're ok, I guess I'll go." I hesitated for a moment. I don't really want to hang up yet because something just came into mind.
 
"Ok. Good--"
 
"Dara, wait. Um, can I borrow your time? I just..." I hurriedly clicked my laptop's media player and pointed my cursor to one of my songs. 
 
"Ok. Just make it real quick.." She is tired. But maybe, just maybe...this would somehow make her a little better.
 
"Lsiten to this." I clicked the song and a mellow tune started drifting into our consciousness. Now or never.
 
 
I'm being cheddar but I can't help it. I just realized that that song somehow reminds me of her. I couldn't help but sing along and do my parts on the song live while she's on the other line, listening quietly.
 
Like a butterfly,
You look for a flower, flutter around like a child.
Your innocent eyes have a smile,
Your body moves like the sky, the sky.
Your eyes glimmer, glimmer,
I've become like this.
 
Seconds after the final chorus faded, I waited for her response. Does she fall for this kind of fluff? Does she find this dumb? I've never really serenaded sang for a girl through the phone, so yeah...this is kinda a big deal for me. I do acknowledge that I'm spoiling her already, but I love what I'm doing. It's been a while. It's been a long while.
 
There was some hesitation going on the other line before I finally heard her reply. "That...that made me smile." She laughed softly before continuing, "Ji, you really have a way of making me feel...ridiculous."
 
Wait, what? Damn. Trust Dara to ruin the moment! Ridiculous? I have a way of making her feel ridiculous?!
 
I wanted to give her a piece of my mind but she managed to open first.
 
"Don't take it the wrong way, I just don't know the right term to use."
 
"Can't you just say I have a way of making you feel...tingly all over? Like you feel glad, happy?"
 
"Tingly all over is just not on my vocabulary." She replied, and I could almost imagine her cringing at the term. 
 
"Don't worry, it might be included soon." I know I was already pushing it, but hey her next reply made her on the same boat as I.
 
"Maybe. Let's see if you can make me." 
 
She hung up immediately so I wasn't able to reply after that. Come to think of it, I don't have anything to say at all, no matter how long she'd stay on the other line. 

 


 

Preview: Chapter 16

 

"Dara, unnie, is something missing?" CL asked as she looked at me frantically searching something inside my bag. I shook my head in response and just continued looking for it. Where is it?

I couldn't find it anymore, and that can't happen. CL and the other trainees just watched me quietly as I took out the contents inside my bag.

I have my small thermos for rehearsals.

I have my towel.

I have my wallet and my phone.

I have my extra shirt.

I have my YG id.

What I don't have, I realized, as all my things were scattered for everyone to see, is the black notebook. Panic started to creep in, and I felt myself shaking a little. It can't be.

The black notebook Ji Eun gave me.

It was Bommie's turn to ask. "Dara, if ever you lost something, we can go back."

I looked at her and forced myself to smile and act as if nothing happened. "Nah, I didn't lose anything. Let's go."

All of them nodded and started to stand up and leave the place. Before I could stand up, I felt Mina's hand on my arm. I almost jumped at the sensation, her hand felt cold and clammy.

"Are you sure you didn't lose something?" She was looking at me straight in the eye. It gave me a different feeling, but my mind was on the lost notebook so I didn't have the time or energy to analyze her expression.

"N-no. I didn't. My thing's pretty much here. I guess I'm just tired."

Mina kept staring at me for a few minutes. It started to make me feel uncomfortable but she removed her hand away just as I was to tell her about it. "Just make sure everything's there."