.

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

Dara:

"That really happened last night?"

Seunghyun placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me straight in the eye. "Yes. Do I look like I con man to you? Of course it happened!"

He's a con man. Seunghyun is a con man. I simply REFUSE to believe him! "Are y-you sure...?"

He wanted to say something but he chose to keep quiet. He just nodded, affirming that something did happen and it wasn't all nice.

Breaking free away from his grasp, I covered my face using his pillow and cried. "This is so not fair! I'm just dreaming! You're making that up! You're just pissed because I threw up on you!"

"Yes, I was pissed," Seunghyun answered back. "Anyway, did you brush your teeth already? You're kinda talking on my pillow, I just had my sheets changed." He roughly took the pillow away from me, and I just had to glare at him for what he did. Sure he was pissed but he doesn't know how ferocious I am in the morning. Especially if I woke up at the wrong side of bed.

"You did not do that." I don't care if this was his room, he'll really get it from me.

"I just did." 

And we just looked at each other for about five minutes before he gave up. "Alright, I'm sorry this happened to you, and on your birthday even, but that's life. By the way...you're wearing Jiyong's shirt." 

I looked down to see what I'm wearing. "Yeah, I kind of knew that when Seungri pointed at it a while ago."

"Nice fit," Seunghyun commented while giving it a thumbs up. "But you do know where that shirt came from, do you?" 

I gave him a bewildered look. Should I know? But oh, he's trying to say something, might as well ask. "Where's it from?"

Seunghyun smirked. "It's a gift from his ex-girlfriend."

"So?" I asked nonchalantly. It was kinda annoying but if Seunghyun was doing this to make me jealous, he's totally not getting it. 

When he saw how uncaring I was about what he just said, his shoulders slumped in disappointment. "I fail. I get it. Now if you have other questions, go ahead and ask. If you're satisfied with what you just learned, get out."

I guess he was very, very, very pissed. But teehee, I have my charms. I did my tried and tested, puppy-dog eyes and trademark pout at him. "I'm really sorry."

His face softened a little, but just as I was about to feel happy that he's falling for it, his face became expressionless again. "Not buying it." He dragged me away from his bed and pushed me towards the door, his hands pressing my back lightly. "I wanted to be mad at you but since it's your birthday today, just go outside and have breakfast. Free of charge." He smiled at me, patted my head and continued, "Eat whatever you want. If Jiyong serves you some apple and banana fritters with extra chocolate sauce don't eat them. It's my favorite breakfast in the world and if he gave that to you, he's just being mean because he was so pissed at me for getting you so drunk."

I laughed at his last remark. "But it wasn't your fault!"

He grinned at me. "Well technically, yes. But still. Anyway," He stretched his arms and yawned. "I guess you should go there, Imma get some sleep. Later," And he closed the door shut, leaving with no choice but to face Jiyong -- er, the four of them. 

Unsure and feeling nervous with what I'm doing, I walked slowly towards the kitchen, trying to listen if the rest of them were still there. I almost dreaded going there and having to face him again, but I had no choice. I slept in his room and borrowed some of his clothes [from his ex, sorry I realized I can't get over it =p] so I have to talk to him. Even if my heart was having a big production in my chest at the thought of facing him again. I hope I didn't say anything stupid to him. Or worse, CONFESSING my feelings to him. Please no.

Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung stood up the moment they saw me in the kitchen, which made feel a little uncomfortable. I guess they were feeling a little iffy about me being here.

I hesitated to go near them. Daesung gave me a tentative smile and beckoned me to come over, as if trying to make me feel a little at home. "Hyung told us you were so drunk last night. You should already eat breakfast."

I smiled in return and went to were they were sitting. Seungri jumped out of his seat and offered his place to me. "Noona, sit here and stay put. Did you have a good sleep?"

I was about to reply when Jiyong came out of nowhere. Taeyang cleared his throat and signaled Daesung and Seungri to follow him outside, which they did. The two of us were left alone in the kitchen in a matter of seconds.

I bowed my head down as he went to get something on the fridge. Define the word awkward. I couldn't even look at him! Why do I have a feeling that I said something stupid last night?

"You want some apple banana fritters? I can heat it up again if you want to," Jiyong offered. I would have laughed if we weren't feeling so uncomfortable now. Seunghyun was right.

"Um, no it's ok." I smiled at him but he didn't return it. I pursed my lips and tried to continue acting casual, if that's what he wanted. "I guess coffee would be fine."

"Oh, ok." Jiyong went over to one of the cupboards to get me a mug. His actions were too forced and calculated, like he was deliberating on doing something. At long last, he looked at me. "If you'd like to have pancakes, I can make it."

WHAT?

His eyes shifted uncomfortably as he continued, "It's not a big deal."

I didn't say anything after that, I just looked at him -- enough to make him a little bit nervous. I know, I do still have an effect on him, but the sad thing is that he seemed to be fighting against it. Have he decided to really move on? 

Why now, when all I seem to see, feel, need and want to have is him. If he's really all for moving on, I knew deep in my heart and mind that it's going to for me real bad.

Sigh. I couldn't even entertain the thought thoroughly because he looked so cute in the mornings, I realized [and accepted realizing it] just now. So cute in my eyes that, if I imagine Ji Eun here in my place, I knew she would have fallen for him just the same. 

"Are you ok?" Jiyong asked, fully interrupting my thoughts. "You're blushing."

Oh sh*t . I cleared my throat and shook my head. "No. I just feel like throwing up. I guess I'm not yet feeling good."

Jiyong raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you be looking pale when you feel like you wanted to vomit?"

Now I really, really, really wanted to vomit. I involuntary made a gagging sound and stood up almost immediately. Sensing my urge to throw up again, Jiyong went beside me and led me to the bathroom near the kitchen, and I was electrified the moment I felt his hands on my shoulders. WTF, electrified?! Strong connection, I guess.

"I'm quite ok...on my own," I choked out, trying my best to sound fine. He looked doubtful by what I just said, but he simply nodded and went outside without saying a word. Strangely so, I stopped feeling the need to throw up the moment he left me. 

I looked in the mirror as I started opening the faucet to wash my hands. I was still blushing like crazy. My heart on the other hand was beating wildly, coinciding with the harsh running of water on the bathroom sink. Because of him. Only because of him. Goddamit, I can't even manipulate my feelings towards him anymore.

I shouldn't have accepted the fact that I was falling for him. But I did, and I never knew it would be this bad.

 

Jiyong:

I stood outside on the bathroom waiting for her. Is she ok? And the more pressing question is, does she still remember all the things she said and did last night?

Because I did, and I think what happened last night would be something that I would remember, I guess, for the rest of my life.

Hating Kwon Jiyong
(Special Chapter: 2.0 )

Jiyong:

"Stop asking and start helping her," Seunghyun hyung replied, brushing off my question completely. I guess hyung was pissed enough as it is to even answer my questions about what just happened to them. I didn't see how messed-up the three of them looked until they were in front of me. They smelled really bad, too. For a moment, I felt sorry for Hyung and Youngbae's exhausted faces while carrying Dara in their arms. I wanted to take her away from them the moment I recognized her, but then I again I felt that I should still save my pride. I promised not too long ago that I won't try to act like an over-eager puppy around her. Even if I wanted to and couldn't help doing it for the most part.

I started walking inside, pretending to not really care.

"She needs to rest. You need to wash yourself hyung, I'll take care of her."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Goddamn."

I almost dropped the glass of water I was holding the moment I entered my room. I specifically said to hyung to let Dara rest in one of the extra rooms in the dorm. Why was she sleeping peacefully on my bed? Was hyung drunk as well?

"hmmmf," Dara murmured sleepily. I could only stare at her as she moved and wriggled on the bed, unaware of the things around her. Her eyebrows furrowed as her lips simultaneously smiled and pouted at the same time. Maybe she's having a dream? I placed the glass on the bedside table and sat beside her. She looked at peace but ugh, smelled gross. Did she...? 

I moved my face closer to her, trying to recognize the smell, when her eyes opened all of the sudden. I jerked away the moment her eyes were transfixed on mine. Was she trying to catch me on purpose? 

Her forehead creased in confusion. With the attempt to stand up, she asked, "Where am I?" 

"My room," I answered back. She touched her head, trying to get her bearings straight. It was as if she didn't believe me.

"Hmmm...this is not my room." 

Oh great, she still have no clue that it was mine. What should I do now? What would she do if ever she realized that she's drunk and staying inside my room? Would she cause a commotion? How would I explain to her that it was hyung who brought her here?

"Sanghyun, help me get up...I feel like I can't stand up on my own," She thought I was her brother. I frowned at the thought but still held her hand so she could stand up, but she took it away the moment I touched her.

"Jiyong?" She whispered. She closed her eyes for a while and opened it again to see me clearly. When she realized that her guess was right, formed a small 'oh'. I tried going near her, but she took a few steps back.

I knew she realized that it was me standing in front of her. I continued moving closer to her, and she also continued taking a step back. She could do what she wanted anyway, I got her cornered so she won't win.

"Please don't," She protested meekly. "Please don't...umph!" She covered and choked a little. She wanted to vomit, but she was having a hard time because I was invading the space in front of her. I reached out my hand to her, but she just looked at it, her hand still covering . She made a gagging sound again. I had no choice but to move aside and let her run to the nearest bathroom.

"You don't have to go outside, I have my own bathroom here," I said to her, pointing at the door on the far right side of my bed. She nodded and went inside. I leaned on the door the moment she closed it, trying to hear how she's doing.

"hmmf...grmf...growmf..." I could hear the faint sounds of her throwing up. She kept on doing so for about fifteen minutes, until I heard her give out an exhausted cry. "Stop this tortureeeeeeeeee!!!" Her wailing was followed by a soft thud on the bathroom floor. That made me panic. I knocked frantically at the door. 

"Dara?" I called out, knocking at the door some more. Silence.

I knocked again, harder this time. "Dara?" Sh*t. What happened, she's not freaking responding to me anymore!

I ran over to my drawers and took the key so I could open the bathroom. She's making me worry so much about her, why did she drink that much? Hyung would definitely be getting it from me tomorrow morning! How come he just watched Dara drink all the alcohol that was placed on her table? I fumbled on the knob for a good minute before I managed to open the door. I gasped as I saw her sitting on the bathroom floor, whimpering a little. She had taken off her shirt too, leaving her with a simple tank top worn over her rather frail body. What a mess.

She looked at me and stretched her arms, as if trying to reach out to me. "Carry me," she sniffed. "take me away from here." I was about to say something next but she leaped towards me without any warning. I almost jumped by surprise, but still, I was able to catch her perfectly in my arms. I didn't carry her, and she didn't try to make me do that either. She just clung onto me and cried. "I feel so tired. I wanted to get away, but I couldn't escape." She hugged me tighter that I could feel her tears falling on my skin. She was crying. "I really wanted to but I can't."

What is she talking about?

I reluctantly patted her on the back, hoping that it would calm her a little. "Shh, if you wanted to, you can. Nothing else matter, you can."

"I tried, but I can't." She tried moving away from me but I found myself hugging her tighter. 

"You can."

"I can't let go of you," she whispered, her tears subsiding a little. I stopped breathing for a second. 

"Dara?"

She seemed to have realized what she just said. She broke our embrace and started wiping her tears. "I--I...."

"You should clean up first," I supplied, interrupting her. I can't think straight, and she can't either, so it's best if she'd tidy up herself a bit and relax. "I'll get you some clothes to wear."

She hugged herself and nodded. "Mmkay." With her eyes cast downward she added, "I'll wash my face first."

"Yes." With one last look at her, I went outside to get some clothes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

November 12th, 2:43 AM

She gets normal, gets drunk, gets back to her normal self again only to get back on being drunk for the nth time. Vicious and tiring cycle.

After sleeping for half an hour, she got up from the bed all of a sudden. I was sitting on a chair beside her, watching her as she did this. I grabbed her arm as she stood unsteadily, a little wary of her actions. What is she up to this time?

"I'm going home."

"No, you're drunk. Please take a rest and think about going home tomorrow."

"Aish!" She stood up and swayed away from me as she tried to answer me. If she wasn't drunk, I would have found her beautiful -- swaying and waltzing around like a princess in my room. "I will go home. Like you can stop me."

"Stop this nonsense!" I went to her and held her so she wouldn't fall. "Why are you so drunk anyway?"

"Because," and she laughed that drunken laugh. "Because...I want to. It's my birthday!"

I stopped for a second and looked at her. "Really?"

"Yes!" She answered merrily, but her smile kind of faded after a few seconds. "But...you want me to go home...are you sure you want me to go home?"

"You wanted to go home," I replied. I knew she's drunk and yet I'm still talking to her like a normal person.

Dara laughed. "Really? I'm so-so-sorry!!! Are you sad? Let me tell you a secret!"

"Dara..." And I guess I wouldn't have mattered because she started saying some things already.

"You may not be her first, her last or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.*"

I couldn't understand what she was saying, but curious as I was, I still asked her.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...." Dara replied, and amidst her drunken stupor, I felt her voice breaking. "I'm saying...I love you."

I wanted to ask her if what she said was the word I wanted to hear, but she already fell asleep, with a faint smile on her lips and a streak of tears on her cheeks.

---------------------------------------------------------

November 12th, 4:32 AM

I slept on the chair while she slept on the bed, oblivious to what just happened between us a few hours ago. For some strange reason, I suddenly woke up. My eyes automatically rested on her. Is she ok now?

But I guess she's not. She's talking in her sleep again. I stood up and went beside her. Should I wake her up?

"Kwon Jiyong." She was mentioning my name again! I froze and tried to listen closely to what she may say next.

"I...hate...you." Tears started falling from her eyes again, and I couldn't help but touch her face and wipe those tears away. If it makes her feel better, she can hate me all she wants tonight. I won't get mad at her for doing so.

"You're moving away from me, I just can't have you even if I wanted to."

My heart started beating erratically after she said those words. She wanted to kill me? If she didn't stop, I'd have a heart attack by 5 AM and die. 

"I badly want to say the world is small because I see you all the time, but I can't...because if it is small....why can't you be exactly by my side?"

That's it. All those cold moments she gave me melted from my memories right then and there. She's drunk and did these crazy things in one night, and hell I am just as intoxicated as she is because of it. 

Let me lose my sanity for once, and join her in her drunken dreams. I did the craziest thing I could think of at that moment .

I gently caressed her cheek for a good minute before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. She seemed to struggle for a while, before a smile found its way to her lips. 

I went back to my chair and and started sleeping as well. She may remember, she may not...and who knows what may happen tomorrow? She said the words I've always wanted to hear from her, and I did what I wanted as well. That's all what matters tonight. I thank the heavens just the same.