Chapter 8

Hating Kwon Jiyong - By Ghikai

DARA POV

"I don't look so good," I half-whispered at Ji Eun as I surveyed myself wearing a dress that she borrowed from her co-worker at the coffee shop where she worked. I am currently at her house [inside her room to be exact], trying out different looks and preparing for the wedding I have to attend...this evening. And so far, I still don't have the slightest idea on how I would look like later. See, I have to nail this because this is kind of a super huge YG family event that I'd attend for the first time. 

"What?" Ji Eun was looking at me, half-confused. She placed her favorite strawberry yogurt she was eating on her bedside table. "That's crazy, you look gorgeous. Just stop whining and go take a bath now, slip that dress on, put some make-up and get out of here fast." She gave me a dark look. "We don't want to get late, do we? Unless, you're planning to make a grand entrance so you could wow everyone else there, Jiyong to be exact."

I sharply turned around to face her. "Don't spoil this my mentioning his name, for chrissakes. It's not like it's his wedding day, so no need to be GD-centric here!"

"Whoopsiedaisies, somebody's getting pissy!" Ji Eun just laughed as she continued eating her yogurt. "Okay, you're right, you don't look so good on that dress because I swear, your arms are just so flabby and shizz." 

I glared at her. Hard. She should be helping me here! 

Ji Eun rolled her eyes in return. "All right, all right! I'll shut my mouth, but will you just get over it? You could go to the wedding wearing a garbage bag and a tiara for all I care. Just go to the bathroom and start fixing yourself, pronto!" She sighed in exasperation. "I'm on my third cup of my favorite strawberry yogurt already, jeez. My diet's not gonna work if I'd continue stressing over what you'd wear."

"Okay. I just hope I wouldn't look shabby compared to the others, that's all." I tried to the dress but I couldn't reach the end. Bejeezus. "Ji, would you please help me get off of this frilly mess?"

"Okay, wait." Ji Eun took her last spoonful of yogurt and rushed beside me to help me my dress. "You look beautiful. You don't have to sing or dance there anyway, so your face value would do more than enough for tonight."

I nodded dumbly as I continued staring at myself at the mirror, while Ji Eun helped me take off the dress. My body's not at its best now; I look waif-ish, except for my arms -- they're kinda flabby and needs more toning. Anyhow, I hope this would work. Dear heavens, just give me more charms, just for tonight.

--------------------

"Wow!!!" Aera almost ran up to me as I entered the building, almost two hours later. "That's a very nice dress you're wearing, unnie!"

I gave her a warm smile in return. "You don't look too shabby, either. That's a nice choice of dress too, it brings out the color of your eyes."

She twirled around in front of me. "You think so? Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!" She then linked her arms to mine. "Let's go to the lobby, then, almost everybody's there now." With her eyes twinkling, she bashfully added, "Big Bang sunbaes just arrived and I heard Seunhyun oppa looked aboely hot!"

I laughed softly. Aera and her naivete. She's just so endearing and it's nice that I have someone like her to lighten up my mood while staying in YG. I'm just glad that she was able to attend this as well, because I'd have someone to talk with later when things get awkward.

"Oh, two lovely ladies at 5 o'clock." Seunghyun greeted us as we neared the lobby. "Nice to see that you two dressed up nicely."

I must have dropped my jaws real bad when Seunghyun laughed and continued, "I bet you find me smashing too, no?"

...while Aera must have literally drooled when Seunghyun added, "Ok, so I'm right. Enough, you guys are getting too fangirly now. It's making me uncomfortable, hehe!"

The three of us laughed uncomfortably, before resting our eyes in different places in the lobby. I surveyed the entire scene carefully; lots of people were there already, waiting for things to finally get going. I saw Seungri and Daesung chatting merrily with Bom and Minji, whereas Taeyang and CL were at the far end of the lobby, seemingly having a serious discussion over something. Someone's definitely missing. Oh, right. My GD radar must have already because I immediately realized that he's not here yet.

"Looking for Jiyong?" Seunghyun asked knowingly. I just stared at him in return. "Well, he likes these kinds of occasion because according to him he gets to dress up...so I hope you get the idea."

"How fancy." I replied curtly. "So we have to wait for him?" 

"Of course."

"As if we'd see some changes," I said to myself while looking away at Seunghyun. He must have heard me though when he laughed and said, "What, you annoyed with the way he dresses up?" 

"Well, he looks girly for the most part, to be honest." I tried to sound like I'm giving a sincere criticism regarding Jiyong's fashion sense. Oh, the pains of being an anti-slash-a-trainee-in-YG.

"Haha, I know what you mean," Seunghyun agreed as he was fixing his bow-tie. "But seriously, he can look real dope if he wants to. It's just that, he can get moody with the way he dresses, you know?"

"Well, I like Jiyong oppa's style." Aera said shyly, joining into our conversation.

Seunghyun just looked at her, surprised. "Oh, well...If you say so."

I rolled my eyes. I like Aera with all my heart, but Jiyong's style commendable? Hell no. I tried to break it gently to her that Jiyong looks like Boy George for the most part. "Dunno, he looks more girly than I. So I guess I have yet to see awesome he can be. As of now? I guess--"

"Well, you can start saying what you think about me now."

All of us turned to look. There he was, standing proudly, making sure that everybody would notice his grand entrance.

I narrowed my eyes, trying to make sure if it was really him.

Okay okay okay okay. I still hate him. I don't like him. I can't stand him. He's irritating. He's annoying to death.

But that black suit that he was wearing was saying otherwise. OH NO. 

Meanwhile, the devil casually walked up to us, oblivious to what I'm currently feeling inside. I tried with all my power to look anywhere but him, but I guess his suit [not him!!!!] was just begging to be looked [and admired] at.

He nodded at Seunghyun and Aera before resting his eyes on me. "I'm betting that you do find me...absoulutely breathtaking right now."

I involuntary gave a squeak of protest. 

Sensing how tensed I was, Jiyong stepped closer to me. "Don't worry, you look absolutely stunning, too. What change an expensive dress makes."

I don't know what to make of what he just said; is he complimenting or insulting me? Well, since I don't like him, I'll take that as an insult. And he doesn't like me, so there's no way he's complimenting me.

"Ew, you just so bad at flirting, Jiyong." Thank goodness Seunghyun decided to come between us. "Leave the girl alone. Anyway, since you're here...you better explain to me why you told Taeyang about that little secret of ours!" Jiyong tried to run away upon hearing this, but Seunghyun was able grab him right away. He then dragged him away, leaving Aera and I on this side of the lobby. 

I sighed in relief. That was a pretty close call.




JIYONG POV



The party after the wedding ceremony was already in full swing, except for moi. I don't know exactly why, but I feel like I'm not in the mood to get up and dance with the others -- how surprising, right?. I just continued sitting sulkily at our table as I see artists, trainees and staff shake their groove on the dance floor. Everybody was having a good time.

Even her

Most especially her.

I can't believe what I'm doing, hell...why am I wasting my time looking at her? She's not even...ugh. I tried my best to shift my attention to the newlyweds dancing sweetly together amidst the fast-paced, pop-y, dance-y music playing on the background, to no avail...only to find myself looking at her dancing with --- What the hell?!

I could only open and close my mouth almost simultaneously in disbelief. In the dance floor were Dara and Seunghyun hyung, laughing and dancing mighty close to each other. That's not cool, is hyung already drunk? Do both of them are? 

I took a quick swig of my champagne as I stand up and leave the table. I then marched to where they are, a little pissed for unknown reasons that I wouldn't really want to find out. 

"hyung," I started, but he just ignored me. Dara only looked at me, surprised.

I tapped him on the shoulder, "yah, hyung!"

Seunghyun finally turned around. He seemed disoriented. "What?"

"I well--" Before I could continue, Seungri appeared out of nowhere and took Dara's hand.

"Let's dance noona! I've danced with the other noonas except you, hehe!"

And Dara could only smile and nod, leaving hyung and I as she and Seungri danced to the far right of the dance floor.

"What, Jiyong?" Hyung's voice snapped me out of it. "You want the two of us dance together?"

"What?" Is he serious? I waved my hand dismissively. "Nah, forget it. I just want to ask you if you're up for a cigarette break, that's all."

"Cigarette break? Now?" Hyung laughed sadistically at my lame attempt on making a valid excuse. "Are you kidding me? I plan to dance with every single girl here before the night ends. You're no fun, I was just starting to dance with Dara. Now Seungri has taken her away."

"You're a little drunk, hyung."

"No I'm not." His eyes brightened all of a sudden upon seeing someone behind me. "Yah, Han Mina! Let's dance!"

I turned around to see Mina cringe for a second upon hearing hyung's voice before giving him a smile. A few minutes later, I was left standing alone. I looked around, but each time I would always catch Dara dancing with Seungri, then Daesung, then Taeyang. Each time she was laughing, seemingly carefree and oblivious to the things around her.

Wait a minute. She danced to almost every guy I know...what about me?

Should I dance with her? 

Is she ok with it?

Why am I so hesitant to approach her?

I tried walking up to her, slowly, deliberately. She was about to finish the dance with her current partner as I was nearing to where she's at. The song was ending and a new one was starting --- this time the song was a little mellow, a little slow; it was as if the deejay knew what I was thinking all along.

I almost eclipsed her way as her partner left her to dance with another girl. Each beat, each guitar strum was making me more confident, more sure that were are meant to have this together.

It's our time, dance with me.

She looked at me, her face unreadable. I took her hand with uncertainty. Surprisingly, she knew where this would lead and complied to my silent request.

At long last.

She's finally in my arms, swaying quietly to the soft music along with me. I felt my heart beating wildly. 

But then again so was hers. 

Afraid to further find out how my feelings are slowly trying to unfold, I closed my eyes and decided to just not think about it at all.

Sweet like candy to my soul,
sweet you rock,
and sweet you roll.
Lost for you, I'm so lost for you,
you come crash into me,
and I come into you.



And just like that, we were magically transported into a world of our own.


 


Preview: Chapter 9

Jiyong:


Was it just a dream?

Was it just a figment of my imagination?

Is this true?

Is this some form of cosmic joke played against me?

I could only look at her as she went to everyone and personally said her goodbye. She thanked almost everyone present at the wedding, good gracious.

Everyone but me.