Mistake

Mr. Popular and Me

You could smell it. Even though she was a few meters away from you, you were sure that it was her. She smirked and flipped her hair that was exactly the same style as you. She gave you a disgusting look before going around the corner. You rolled your eyes and went to your locker. You tried to open your locker but you couldn't. You were pissed. You were sure that it was because of Hannah having the same perfume as you. You were about to kick the locker that was under yours but you felt someone pulling you back. You sighed. ''I like it better on you.'' You heard Himchan saying while sniffing your neck. You pushed his face away. ''Go away, I'm not in the mood for jokes.'' He ruffled your hair and just smiled. ''Sorry. Come to the music practice room after class, okay?'' You sighed. ''Whatever.''

''Why did you gave her the same perfume as Haneul?'' Himchan asked Daehyun while they were walking to class. ''Just because.'' Daehyun answered and he shrugged. ''You miss her a lot, don't you? Telling her to cut her hair the same style as Haneul and giving her the same perfume.'' Daehyun glared at Himchan in a way he had never seen before. ''Shut the up.'' He said and he started walking faster. ''Come to the music practice room after class.'' Himchan said while running to Daehyun. ''Why would I?'' Daehyun said annoyed. ''I have practiced a new song for the guitar and I..'' He couldn't finish his sentence because Daehyun cut him off. ''Okay okay, I'll sing it for you.'' 

 

''Let's try it again.'' Himchan said while organizing the music sheets that were laying across the piano. ''I don't want to.'' Daehyun said and he crossed his arms. ''But you said that you would do it.'' Himchan said and he smiled. He finally saw the childish and stubborn Daehyun again after a couple of months. ''Why am I singing a duet alone?'' Daehyun said and he pressed some notes on the piano. ''I told you that the girl is coming later.'' 

''Am I late?'' You asked while opening the door of the music room. You walked in and closed the door. ''WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?'' Daehyun yelled. You turned around and your mouth opened. You turned around and opened the door again. ''Don't you dare to leave.'' Himchan said and he stood up. ''I asked you something?'' Daehyun said and he stood up also. ''I'm not telling you guys to make up or something, you just have to sing together.'' Himchan said while walking towards you. He closed the door and gave you the music sheets. You looked at the paper. ''Oh really, trouble maker?'' You asked and you looked up. Himchan nodded.

Daehyun was still really good at singing. You heard it the first time when he wished you a happy birthday. And you didn't know if it was a habit, but he was always singing softly when he walked you home. You loved it. It was really nice to hear him singing again and you loved the idea that you were now singing a song with him. You thought that your voices sounded good together.

 

''I'm going to the restroom for a minute.'' Himchan said and he left the room, leaving the two of you alone. You looked at Daehyun and saw that he was looking at you already.  His eyes widened and he started coughing, he looked in a different direction. ''I really don't get why he chose you to sing with me, you can't sing.'' He said. You wanted to flip the piano but you held in. ''You're not that good either.'' You said and looked at the door. When was Himchan coming back? ''Well, I'm the best singer in our school.'' Daehyun said and he let out a soft laugh. ''I know you're not, there isn't something like that.'' You said.  

''Still as chlildish as always, huh?'' Daehyun said. ''Am I childish? You're the childish one here. Tss, making that girl looking exactly like me.'' You said softly. He started laughing. ''Do you really think I did that?'' He said and he came closer. You could feel your cheeks turning red. ''If you think that I still like you.. You're wrong.'' He said. Wow, that hit you really hard. You bit your lip to prevent the tears from coming. ''I don't know what they have told you, but I don't like you. I don't even know why I liked you in the first place.''

''I forgot that I had an appointment, please tell Himchan that I left earlier.'' You picked up your bag and walked away. Daehyun grabbed your wrist. ''Don't tell me you still like me.'' He said and he softly touched your face. He came closer and started laughing. ''What if I still like you? Why can't I?'' You yelled and you pushed him away. ''ing bastard.'' You opened the door and ran away. The tears you were holding in were finally falling.

 

Himchan hit Daehyun again. ''You're so dumb and she's right for calling you a bastard. What the hell were you thinking?!'' He said to his friend. Daehyun was now laying on the floor and Himchan was on top of him while holding his collar. Daehyun just looked at Himchan without saying anything. ''Do you need a few more punches? Answer!'' Himchan yelled. He was about to hit him again but he blocked it. ''I don't know. I really don't know.'' He said softly. Himchan wanted to scold him again, but he then saw that his friend was crying.

Himchan was walking Daehyun home. They went to the school nurse to get plasters, but she already left. When they finally arrived at Daehyun's house they sat on the couch together. Himchan got some plasters and put them on the corner of Daehyun's lips. Daehyun pressed a kiss on Himchan's hand. ''WHAT THE HELL?!'' Himchan yelled because he was startled. ''Thank you hyung.'' Daehyun said he smiled. ''Thanks for what?'' Himchan said and he smirked. ''Thanks for trying and I'm sorry for being a stubborn bastard.''

''I really don't know why I said those things. I mean I really like her and miss her. Maybe because she hurt me and I don't know.. Maybe I wanted to hurt her too? I'm confused too.'' Daehyun said. ''Do you want to start over with her?'' Himchan asked. He didn't want to say much, he just wanted to listen to what Daehyun wanted to say. ''I don't know.. My feelings for her are still here but I don't know if she likes me. I mean she said that she only dated me to not get kicked out of school. I'm still hurt you know.'' 

''But we still don't know if it was Haneul or not. Zelo is still trying to find some proof but it's really hard.'' Himchan said. Daehyun nodded. ''Why don't you ask her if she really likes you? You haven't really talked about it with her, we don't know how she feels.'' Daehyun just sighed.

''Talk to her tomorrow at school, okay?'' Himchan said and he put on his shoes. ''Please help me.'' Daehyun said but his friend shook his head. "This is something you have to do yourself. I know you can do it. But I'm leaving, bye Daehyun.'' Himchan said with a big smile and he walked out of the house. ''Himchan wait!'' He turned around and looked at the younger boy. ''What's wrong?'' Daehyun also got out of the house and then hugged Himchan. ''Thank you for everything.'' He said. Himchan smiled. ''You sure are showing me a lot of love today.'' 

 

Daehyun came to school earlier the next day just to see if you were there already. He was walking through the whole school till the bell for the first class rang. He sat down on his seat and kept looking at the door. Two hours had passed but you were still not at school. Daehyun even asked the teacher where you were, but the teacher also didn't know. You didn't show up the whole day. ''Let's see tomorrow.'' Youngjae said and he put his hand on his friend's shoulder. Daehyun nodded.