First Date

Mr. Popular and Me

A week after he confessed to you, Daehyun asked you to go on a date with him. The two of you were officially a couple now, but you were still a little bit awkward and uncomfortable around each other. But he did make you happy everytime he walked by at school or looked at you during class. The whole school already knew that you were ''dating'', so Daehyun didn't want to announce it again.

You looked at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing make-up and you curled your hair. You were wearing a cute dress you had bought. You looked weird in your opinion because you weren't used to it, but you did it for Daehyun. You smiled one time and started to get nervous. ''What if he doesn't like it?'' You said softly and you sighed.

 

You were walking in the park looking for the bench Daehyun and you had decided to meet up. You had been walking around for almost 10 minutes, you were glad that you had decided not to wear your high heels. You wanted to sit down since you were a little tired. ''Yah! Tired already?'' Someone with a Busan accent said. You turned around and saw Daehyun standing there while waving. A smile appeared on your face immediately. ''It's not like that, it just made me tired because I couldn't find you..'' You said and you walked towards him.

''How are you?'' He asked. ''I'm fine, what about you?'' You asked and you looked at him. He was wearing a white shirt and a blue blouse, it suited him well. ''Why are you dressed up like that?'' He asked, he sounded a little annoyed. ''Why? You don't like it?'' You asked and bit your lip. You had spent two hours on your look and he reacted like this. ''No, it's just that I don't want other guys to look at my gorgeous girl.'' He said and he ruffled your hair. It made you blush. You didn't know how to react so you just smiled. ''You look great too.''

 

Daehyun and you were sitting on the grass nearby the water. He opened his bag and took a bento box out of it. ''I made this for us this morning.'' He said when he opened the box. You saw a perfect Rilakkuma bear made out of rice. He gave you a pair of chopsticks. ''It was my first time cooking, so I don't know how it tastes.'' He said and he smiled. You could see that he was proud and you hoped that it tasted good.

You took a piece from the bear with your chopsticks and wanted to put it in your mouth. ''Let me taste it first.'' He said and he opened his mouth. You smiled and fed him. You looked at him to see what his reaction was. He started chewing slowly but he spitted it out after a couple of seconds. ''It's terrible! Don't eat it! I'll probably get sick tomorrow. It's disgusting.'' Daehyun yelled. Everyone around you turned around and looked at him. You turned red and lightly bowed your head to the people who were looking. You pulled his arm. ''Calm down.'' You said while laughing.

''Don't eat it!'' Daehyun kept yelling, but you wanted to try it since he woke up at 6am just to make it for you. ''Just one bite.'' You said and you sighed. After a couple of minutes arguing Daehyun gave up. ''Eat it, but it isn't my fault if you die.'' He said and he gave you the chopsticks. ''Why isn't it your fault? You made this?'' You said. ''I warned you, but you kept insisting!''

You put some rice in your mouth with the chopsticks. ''It isn't that bad.'' You said and you started chewing. After a couple of seconds it started to taste weird, so you spit it out too. You looked at him with a disgusted face. ''You were right..'' You said softly and put the chopsticks down.  

''I told you! Why didn't you listen to me?'' Daehyun said and he started laughing. You looked at him and pouted. ''Sorry.'' You said and you started laughing. ''What did you put in it?'' You asked and you looked at the bear shaped rice. ''I just put in everything that tastes nice, I thought that if I did that everything would be okay..'' He admitted. He started to laugh too. ''Aish, I was hoping for a nice picknick, but we can eat somewhere else right?'' 

 

It was almost 7pm and you had promised your parents to be back at 7. Daehyun and you had just eaten at a small restaurant. Daehyun was walking you home. You didn't talked to each other, because you didn't know where to talk about. You just kept looking at him, you couldn't keep your eyes off him. You really liked this soft side of him.

Daehyun looked at your hand again. You were almost home but he still didn't had the courage to hold your hand. Everytime he almost touched your hand, you turned your face and looked at him. It made him nervous so he pulled his hand back.

After having looked at him a couple of times, you noticed that Daehyun was trying to hold your hand. You started giggling and grabbed his wrist with one hand. You placed the fingers of your other hands between his. He looked at you and smiled. You looked at him and smiled too.

''It had a great time today.'' Daehyun said when you arrived at your house. You were standing in front of the door. You smiled and nodded. ''Me too, let's go on a picknick again.. But I'll prepare the food next time.'' You said and you started laughing. Daehyun flicked you against your forehead. ''Yah! Why-'' You started while rubbing your forehead. ''Stop talking about it, it's embarrassing.'' He said and he pressed his finger against his lips.

''You should go inside, it's getting cold.'' Daehyun said and he softly pushed you toward the door. You nodded and waved at him. ''See you at school.'' You said and you opened the door. ''Haneul, wait!'' He suddenly shouted. You closed the door you had opened a couple of seconds ago and turned around. You wanted to ask why he told you to come back. He pressed a kiss on your cheek. You looked at the ground and smiled. ''Bye Haneul.'' He ruffled your hair and walked away while laughing.