Chapter 9

From Crush To Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Skipping games and nice talks

When all the fuss stopped, teacher Kang continued with her speech.

“They also have extra points since it was Yoomin, the captain, who found the flag,” teacher Kang said.

Teacher Kim approached Yoomin and put a hand on her shoulder in a brotherly way, “Good job Yoomin. I knew Yoomin could make it,” not saying anything else, he left to talk and congratulate with the other students.

Yoomin watched him walking away and her thoughts drifted to her relationship with teacher Kim. Unlike the other teachers, he was so friendly and trustworthy. With him, Yoomin felt like she could trust him and was comfortable around him. It felt like he transmitted a brotherly vibe and she enjoyed very much, because it made her feel safe somehow.

Even though she didn’t know why, he would care more for her than for the other students but she was thankful for that. And a part of Yoomin wanted to know the reason behind the closeness between the two.

Sooyoung then appeared and next to Yoomin, interrupting her thoughts, “Hey hey, captain,” she smiled and poked her best friend.

“Can you stop with the captain thing? The game is over, no need to keep calling me that,” Yoomin retorted, as she continued to thing that such name didn’t suit her at all.

“Alright, alright,” Sooyoung held out her hands in defense, not wanting to pull the grumpy side of Yoomin, as she knew better than anyone how it was when Yoomin was grumpy.

The teacher Kang, who was the one that made almost all the speeches began, “So, the next game we’re playing is, The Last Survivor,” she told. The students looked at each other not knowing what the game could possibly be about.

She continued, “The game consists on throwing water balloons to the opposite team. It’s sort of the first game, but here there are no flags to get. If you spend all your munitions that will be given, you can kill the others by getting them in the pools,” teacher Kang pointed at the only pools that could be used and proceeded, “If the winning team gets the minimum of five survivors then they’ll receive extra points, if not, they won’t receive. The losing team will have a punishment that will be announced in the end of the activities of today,” she finished.

One student pooped a hand out so make a question and teacher Kang gave him permission to ask, “The teams are the same?” to that teacher Kang nodded and answered affirmatively.

For the second game there would be no captain of each team and it would be a total chaos, at least it was what Yoomin thought.

She started feeling nervous at remembering the words of the teacher. There was no way she would play that game. She was sure she would end up in one of the pools and then everyone would know about her secret and couldn’t risk that. Yoomin had to think of an excuse to stay out of the game. She bit her lip trying to think of something when suddenly the only thing that came to her thoughts was to pretend she was not feeling well.  

Yoomin saw teacher Kim coming in her direction and took the opportunity to talk to him. “Teacher Kim,” she called him.

He looked up and changed his root to go speak to her, “Yes?”

“Hum, can I stay out of the game? I’m not feeling very well,” she made a face as she put a hand on her tummy, suggesting that she was with stomachache. She was quite good at pretending and so far, she got the teacher to believe her.

The teacher examined her and put a hand on her shoulder, “But what is it? Was it something that you ate?” he looked concerned.

Yoomin shook her head and shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe I just need a tea or something, but I’m not feeling that well,”

He sighed and nodded, allowing her to skip the game, “Alright, go and drink a tea and come back if you get better. If you don’t, go back to your room and I’ll check up on you after the game. Okay?”

Yoomin nodded and mentally congratulated herself for such believable acting.

Chanyeol, who saw Yoomin talking to the teacher, soon realized what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter