Chapter 16

From Crush To Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: The Fair

“So, I had looked up in the hotel’s computer that there is going to be a fair these days. However, I don’t know if it’s close to the hotel or not.” Yoomin informed as they exited the hotel.

“Well, we can ask around and if it’s close then great. Teacher Kim said that he wanted us to be back before dinner so …” Sooyoung remembered.

The girls manage to ask around sometimes with gestures as the language was not the same and finally found that the fair was actually pretty close to the hotel. With the directions people gave them, they went to wander around.

As they got close they realized the fair was amazing. It was full of colors, cultural handmade things. It was beautiful. The streets were full of people walking in the same and opposite way as the girls. The ambient was nice and instantly made someone’s show a smile because of it.

“Woooaahhh. This is beautiful! I wasn’t expecting this at all.” Yoomin expressed the surprise she had once she was engaged in all the wonderful things around her.

“It smells soooo nice!” Sooyoung closed her eyes, inhaling the amazing smell of various foods that circulated, making people want to search for them.

In the fair, there was a part for expositions of artisanal objects so people could buy and see and there was a part with amusements to make it even more fun to visit. There would be no point on telling that the majority of the kids were in the fun part of the fair and the older people close by the stalls.

Yoomin and Sooyoung started with the exposition part, growing curious and amazed by all the handmade stuff around them. Some stalls had people actually demonstrating how to do whatever they were showing/selling.

Trying not to miss anything, Yoomin kept looking at her left and right, because the stalls were on both sides. It was like Yoomin suddenly became absorbed with that was going around her.

The girls reached a stall that was selling handmade bracelets and the ones who were displayed were just so cute that Yoomin didn’t resist and went straight to the stall to choose one to buy.

“Oh my god! Look at all of these. They’re so cute Sooyoung! Let’s buy one for ourselves!” Yoomin had a giant smile on her face. She was surely happy wondering around the fair and discovering all those new things.

Sooyoung looked at her friend and raised an eyebrow, “Like, friendship bracelets?” She wasn’t that fond of jewelry that displayed friendship phrases and symbols. It just wasn’t Sooyoung’s thing.

“Yeah, but don’t worry. These are not like the ones you hate. We’ll just buy two similar bracelets. I’ll let you choose one first and I will choose mine according to your choice.”

Sooyoung scanned the bracelets and finally found one that was simple yet girly. Yoomin then went to choose hers and went the girls had already decided, they paid for them.

“This is soooo cool!” Yoomin danced a little while she tried to put on her bracelet.

Sooyoung just chuckled at the excited girl and shook her head.

The next stall they stopped at had necklaces and when Yoomin was invited to enter the stall to see those who were displayed on the walls inside, Sooyoung was left alone, trying to decide one to take with her. She grabbed two necklaces and held them before her so she could decide, however, she couldn’t. They were both really pretty.

“Yoomin, which one do I choose?” She asked thinking the latter was next to her.

“I think the left one is prettier.” A male voice made Sooyoung turn her head to her right and look at the boy who was now looking at her, right in the eyes, wearing a kind smile. He had a baby face, blond hair, was skinny, and not too tall. But something made him look so calm and gentle.

Sooyoung was quite taken aback. She blinked a few times before finally turning towards the necklaces on her hands again.

“Well, yeah. But I got a bracelet already, so I guess I won’t take anything more.” Sooyoung flashed a shy smile as she put down the necklaces.

“Oh, right. I’m Luhan by the way.” The boy introduced himself, still with that gentle smile of his.

“I’m Sooyoung.”

“So, since you spoke Korean, I’m assuming you’re not from here. Right?” Luhan questioned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter