Chapter 5

From Crush To Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: A night walk

Chanyeol stopped in front of the door that would lead to the pool area. He turned around, smiled and held out his hand for Yoomin to grab it. She looked at it and with no second thoughts she took it. The feeling of his warm hand in hers sent her shrills down her spine, making her suddenly nervous at the unexpected contact.

He pushed a door that leaded to outside and let Yoomin pass first, just like how gentlemen he was. Once she realized that they were walking towards the swimming pools her heart stopped. Anxiety and nervousness started taking control of her body, although she tried her best not to show it. She didn’t want Chanyeol to discover her secret just yet.

It was dark and hard to see where they were putting their feet and since Yoomin was by the pools side she unconsciously griped onto Chanyeol’s arm. He looked down at her and stopped walking.

“Are you scared?” he questions with a small chuckle. He was by far judging her as he only had thought her action cute.

At hearing him asking that she felt ashamed. He was probably thinking she was afraid of the dark, but either way she felt ashamed to be even afraid. She looked at the ground not wanting to look at his eyes. Seeing her reaction Chanyeol regretted having asked such question. He lifted her chin up and tried to meet her gaze.

“Hey, I’m sorry if I offended you. But, let me tell you that there’s nothing to be afraid of. You’re with me. If anything happens I’ll protect you, don’t worry,” he sweetly grinned, showing that his words were genuine.

She softened and returned the grin. Somehow, she felt safe by his side.

As if taking the cue, a bug decided to interrupt the moment as he continuously kept flying around them both. Startled by the appearance of the bug Yoomin squealed and tried to shoo the bug away while walking backwards. Noticing that Yoomin was going to fall in the water Chanyeol tried to reach for her but it was too late.

Yoomin fell on the water splashing Chanyeol in the process. As she tried to keep her head out of water, she continuously moved her arms and kicked her legs trying not to drown.

At seeing her panicking on the water Chanyeol grew worried and quickly bent down to take out his shoes along with his jacket that he was wearing. He jumped to the pool and swam towards Yoomin. He grabbed her and as soon as she felt someone touch her she hurriedly searched for the person’s body to hold onto it.

Yoomin had drunk some water and her breathing was fast as well as her heart beat. Chanyeol swam to the other part of the pool with her on his arms, where they could put their feet on the ground without being submersed.

She had her arms around Chanyeol and even when they stopped, she didn’t want to let go of him. She was too shocked and scared. She continued to stare in front as no thoughts occupied her mind – it was completely blank.

Chanyeol was caught up in surprise and didn’t really know what to say. He heard her breathing by his ear and felt her moving chest against his. She was afraid and he noticed it. He suddenly grew nervous of the proximity between them. Their bodies were touching each other and Chanyeol felt his cheeks getting hotter.

Somehow his shoulders relaxed at the thought of her petite figure. She looked so fragile and small that his heart ached. His hands made their way towards Yoomin’s waist that was still underwater as the water was by their chest area and he started.

“It’s okay Yoomin. You’re safe now,” he spoke in a low rough voice that only he had.

Once Yoomin calmed down she pulled away. She kept her eyes down on the water as she was too ashamed to look Chanyeol in his eyes. What would he be thinking of her at the moment? She had promised herself to keep her secret hidden from everyone but she had just failed to do so.

Chanyeol saw how uncomfortable she was and questioned, “You know that you have to explain to me what just happened, don’t you?”

She only nodded, clearly not wanting to make eye contact as she didn’t divert her eyes to look elsewhere. Chanyeol sighed and grabbed her hand, “Let’s go and get some towels,”

He lead the way and Yoomin followed him closely behind. They walked towards the room where robes, towels, etc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter