Chapter 18

From Crush To Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18: Weird feelings

After some minutes, Sooyoung was back with her new friend, Luhan. She introduced him to Yoomin and Joonmyun and they started their walk. They had a great time chatting, getting to know each other a little bit more.

Luhan told them his story. He had come to Pattaya to enjoy some vacation time with his girlfriend, but the trip didn’t go as planned and he found her cheating on him. The others felt sorry for him, but he quickly tried to cheer the mood up, making some joke and the all laughed. Sooyoung looked at him with a sweet look, as if pitying him for what his girlfriend did to him and for the way he was trying to forget the situation.

“Will you give her another chance?” Sooyoung asked, a bit hesitant for making that question, but the curiosity won over it.

“Well, I confronted her with the situation and she said she didn’t like me anymore, so there’s no second chance to be given.” Luhan spoke with pain in his voice. It was clear that he still loved her.

“Oh. I’m sorry” Sooyoung apologized, feeling bad.

“No, don’t be. Maybe it’s better this way. I just wished she had finished this before we came. It would be a lot easier.” Luhan vented.

“Well, I guess if you didn’t come you wouldn’t have met me.” She smiled, but soon realized that he could interpret her wrongly. “Oh, I mean. You wouldn’t be here. Well, you wouldn’t know this place …” She stuttered, feeling quite nervous, what made Luhan chuckle at her behavior.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing. You’re funny.” He sincerely said. “And you’re right. I wouldn’t have met you. And I wouldn’t have known this place, which I find beautiful and very relaxing by the way.”

“Yeah, I like it too.” Sooyoung simply answered not wanting to say anything more that would make her seem like an idiot in front of Luhan.

Silence intervened as they walked. They didn’t even realize that Yoomin and Joonmyun were no longer beside them. The two realized how Sooyoung and Luhan were talking comfortably and so decided to leave them alone, leaving without being noticed.

“Oh, where are the other two?” Luhan spoke as he finally realized they were alone.

“Hum? Oh, I-I don’t know. Maybe they had to go somewhere else. Gosh I didn’t even notice they weren’t here.” Sooyoung spoke as she looked around trying to find some evidence that Yoomin and Joonmyun were close or were just playing around with them.

Silence came in again, however Luhan took the opportunity to break it right away.

“Hum, I … I have something for you.” Luhan spoke suddenly feeling some nervousness in his voice.

Sooyoung frowned with surprised. “For me?”

“Well, since I and my girlfriend, well, ex-girlfriend, don’t have anything between us right now, I thought on giving this to you.” He reached for something in his pocket and took out a necklace.

Sooyoung gaped as she saw what he was holding in between his fingers.

“No. I-I can’t accept it.” She shook her head, taking a step back as if it would prevent him from giving it to her.

“Why? It was the one you were holding back at the fair. Since you didn’t take it, I bought it for my girlfriend, but there’s no point on giving it to her anymore. At least I would be giving to someone who liked it.” He said, looking at her eyes in the end.

Sooyoung was hesitant. She couldn’t accept a gift that wasn’t meant for her in the first place, as much as she liked the necklace.

“Well, give it to your mother or sister or someone who’s close to you. You don’t know me from anywhere. I feel bad receiving a gift, when you don’t even know me.” Sooyoung explained.

Luhan still hadn’t taken his eyes from her. “Don’t think of it like that then. Think as if we know each other for a long time. And I know you like the necklace because you were holding it before. I don’t know if my mother or a girl close to me would like it. Please.” Luhan gestured her to take the neck lace and she finally gave in.

He stepped forward and took her hand, only to place the necklace on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter