Chapter 10

From Crush To Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: strange feelings

All the students gathered in a semi-circle to listen to the teachers’ words. Chanyeol and Yoomin joined them, infiltrating as if not wanting to be seen. Yoomin went to be next to Sooyoung who was totally soaked in water, which probably meant that she had been thrown to the pool.

“So how was the game?” Yoomin asked whispering so she wouldn’t interrupt the teacher and get scolded for that.

“It was a rough game. We were close to winning though,” Sooyoung made a face. She didn’t like the idea of having to face punishments for losing the game.

“Now, for The Last Survivor game, the winning team was …. “ once again teacher Kang tried her best at giving suspense, “The pink team!”

As soon as she announced who the winner was, the pink team members shouted and celebrated as there was still hope for them. They were really happy to have won the game.

When they calmed down the teacher continued, “However this makes it a tie between the yellow and the pink team, as the yellow team won the first game and the pink team won the second. In order to untie, we’re doing a volleyball game so there’s only winner. The teams will obviously be the same and the game will be inside the pool. Get ready to play,” the teacher finished and the students started speaking about their strategies and doing the teams, since not all the students would be able to play at the same time. The ones who didn’t would be serving as the cheerleading group for their respective teams.

Teacher Kim advised Yoomin to still stay out of the game, just to be sure that nothing would happen to her since she hadn’t felt well not long ago. So Yoomin sat at a bench that was near, ready to cheer for her team.

The game was just about to start. She cheered for her team, and although she wanted to cheer for Chanyeol, he was on the opposite team. If she cheered for him the members of her team would scold her for that. So, instead, she looked at him waiting for him to look at her, and when he did, she flashed a smile and thumbed up wishing him a good game.

At her simple gesture a beam quickly formed on Chanyeol’s face and suddenly he started feeling his heart bumping in his chest. For instance he felt the pressure of the blood in his veins and could hear his heart beat as loud as he could. However, he didn’t know what was happening to him. It was strange.

Pulling him out of his thoughts the teacher finally started the game, making him focus on it. A coin was thrown in the air to see which team would start the game, and the pink team was the one who started first.

“Go Sooyoung!” Yoomin cheered for her best friend. “You got it Joonmyun!” She continued cheering for her team.

At hearing her cheering for him, Joonmyun let out a shy smile and passed the ball to one of his team members and right then the yellow team scored.

Yoomin clapped and celebrated while sat on the bench. They were having a blast since the first game. Although some of them were taking the games too seriously for their own good, the majority was having fun.

It was time for the brake and they were getting out of the pool to drink something and to stop for a bit. Yoomin was watching them from the bench and spotted Chanyeol still in the water, helping HyunAh out. He was grabbing her from her arms, helping her to get up. It seemed that HyunAh kind of missed her foot while climbing the stairs of the pool and Chanyeol was helping her.

The view made Yoomin slightly uncomfortable, but she quickly shrugged it off. What was the problem anyway?

Right in that moment someone sat next to her. Sensing his/her presence, Yoomin looked to her side and saw Joonmyun with his hair and clothes wet from having been on the water.

“So, what do you think? Will we win?” He asked, making conversation.

“I believe in our team so yeah, I do think we’re going to win,” Yoomin answered him, always showing her nice and calm personality.

“I do hope we win. Or else, we’ll be the ones facing the punishments. When we say it like this it’s seems like we’re going to be tortured, doesn’t it?” Joonmyun made a face, causing Yoomin to laugh at his words

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter