RM-ABS

Running Man All Boys School

 

“Ji hyo!” she looked around a smile forming in her the face of the person behind her registered.             

“Oh Kim teacher!” Ji hyo had never felt so relieved after seeing Jong kook. He was technically still a stranger, but in that place he is the only one Ji hyo can rely on. “Miss Song, I’m so glad I finally found you. Were you lost?”

“Not really, I was just resting here keke…” he looked at her, his lips slightly curving in disbelief. Ji hyo avoided his gaze. It was embarrassing enough to be lost in a place she had known since young, but how will she hide the fact that her feet is so sore. “Let’s go Miss Song.”

“Go where? And how did you find, I mean why were you looking for me?”

“I was in charge of you remember? I even have your schedule with me, so I know it’s your free time. I need to show you around the dorms, and your stuff arrived.”

“What stuff? The dorms... wait I’m living in the dorms?” Ji hyo can’t believe it. She knows she’ll be surrounded with men, but living there?  It has to be her father’s work for sure. Maybe her father thought doing that would make her come running home.

She abruptly stood up but her feet felt worst than she thought. Her slight tremble didn’t go unnoticed by Jong kook. He sighed as if he was tending to a child. He walked towards Ji hyo, placed his hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her to sit down. Ji hyo resisted, she is feeling annoyed with his sighs, he makes her feel unwelcomed ever since they first met each other. She was wrong to trust the person in front of her. Obviously, he is just a puppet and not someone who is sincerely helping her. “Sit down Miss…” Ji hyo felt irritated, she is not a kid to be ordered around. No matter how large his muscles are, she didn’t feel scared at all.

Jong kook looked at her straight in the eye, which made Ji hyo flinch. He didn’t mean to sound like a jerk, but he can’t understand why she is like that. Maybe it was because of spending so many years around men that he already forgot how women are much different. “Just please sit down, or it’ll hurt more.” He tried to lower his voice to let Ji hyo know he meant no harm. His action caught Ji hyo off guard, the big man in front of her sounded so sincere, but she still can’t help but be suspicious of him.

With a sigh, she sat down. To her surprise, Jong kook kneeled and he gently touched her foot. He slowly took off her high-heeled sandal and then he started to softly massage her foot. Ji hyo felt herself get red. She can smell his hair and it was nice. He is still acting so serious but he is really gentle. “How long were you walking around? Your feet must be hurting a lot, and don’t worry because I’m a P.E. teacher so I know how to treat basic injuries like this.” He continued his gentle massage and Ji hyo felt lots better.

The wind blew, the leaves danced with the gentle rhythm. They were alone in a park, hidden in view by trees. It was every girl’s drama-like dream, a cliché one would want to experience even once. Ji hyo silently watched his moves, admiring how his strong looking hands could be that gentle. Everything is screaming of romance, but Ji hyo is not someone who would easily let go of her doubts. For all she knows, he could be someone’s pawn.

“Thanks for that… and sorry for getting annoyed. Do I… do I really have to live in the dorms?” he let go of her foot and stood up. She stood up too and was surprised that her feet don’t hurt anymore. “You’ll have to let go of those things…” he said pointing at her heels, “and yes you have to live in the dorm. The principal said no special treatments for you and teachers here live in the dorms.” She nodded at his explanation, but Ji hyo knows her father is testing her. I won’t give up just because of this Pa…

 

 

Ji hyo and Jong kook slowly walked towards the dorms. The building wasn’t bad and it looked homey. There was no one in sight since the classes are still ongoing. They walked at the corridor without speaking, but it is not that awkward. It would be more awkward if they talk when there is nothing to say. They went up the second floor and Ji hyo was amazed at the large open space surrounded with gardens. The architecture is really modern and fresh, since everything looked green. “Wow… this place is awesome…”

 “The owner of the school is a fan of green architecture… this is the student center. They eat lunch here, study and hangout. Upstairs are the rooms of the students, they are second years. The teachers… and dorm leaders all stay at the roof top.” Jong kook and Ji hyo both fell silent. In Ji hyo’s head the words ‘all stay together’ kept on echoing. Her face reddened when she thought she has to share rooms. “Miss Song, it’s not like that. Of course I mean we stay in one floor, but not the same room…” Ji hyo finally let go of the breath she didn’t knew she was holding in.

They were again back into silence as they went up the rooftop. When they reached the top, Ji hyo thought living there isn’t a bad thing after all. The rooftop has four rooms a dining and kitchen and a spacious common room filled with books. They walked straight and Jong kook pointed to the farthest room. “That’s yours. The one right next to it is where I stay. The dorm leader and his assistant stay at the room next to mine, they are second years. And this one right next to the stairs is where the manager or cook stays… the kids call him omma.”

“Omma? Is he a ‘he’?”

“Yeah, his name is Kyung soo and he is a great cook. Your stuff is already on your room, so… I’ll be going now.” Ji hyo nodded and without turning back, he left.

Ji hyo, who is finally alone, kicked of her heels. She doesn’t really like wearing them, but she thought she needed that to look like a teacher. She laughed and ran to the balcony. She loves high places and the view in the rooftop is amazing, she can see the whole school. She noticed that her room has the best view. It was even a plus that the rooftop also has a garden and it was beautifully landscaped with inviting random chairs.

Jong kook smiled looking at the excited Miss Song. He thought she was another pretty face girl with y attitude. The way she kicked her murderous heels looked really cute. When she skipped to the balcony, he can’t help but laugh at her. She's not as bad as I had thought… maybe…  ah no, it’s just interesting.

 

 

Ji hyo went to her room and there was a lot of luggage. His father seems to be  worried about her even if he made her live in the dorms. Her phone rang and she immediately answered it.

“Hello, Pa?”

“Ji hyo-yah… are you fine?”

“I’m in class, please don’t disturb me.”

“I know you are not in class… I sent your bags.”

“It seems like my suspicions are right… that Jong kook guy is your spy. He reports what I do here.” there was no answer and Ji hyo knows she was right all along. She doesn’t know why but she actually felt disappointed in Jong kook. She already doubted his intentions earlier but she thought she should give him a chance. “I have no spy… I just want to know how my daughter is.”

“Pa I’m fine, this rooftop room is actually very nice. And if you think I’ll go home right away because of this, you are wrong Pa… I really like it here.”

“Hey baby girl, don’t be too hard on your old man neh? Just go home… or…”

“Or what Pa?”

“I’ll arrange your marriage soon.”

“What? Marriage? What are you saying? I’m too young to get married! I’m only 26.”

“It’s better than you being there.”

“Pa! Give me a chance neh? I’ll really do my best”

“But child you are surrounded by boys there, who would marry you after knowing that? I know you are a good girl… but I’m worried for you.”

“Pa, just give me a chance and I’ll even find a boyfriend on my own so no need to be worried about my love life, neh? Please Pa.” The old man sighed… he didn’t want to force her daughter but he has to do something. “Okay Ji hyo-yah… I’ll let you stay there, but promise me you’ll find a good man, don’t create any troubles or scandals, or else I’ll marry you off right away. Neh?”

“Neh! I love you Pa…”

“I love you too Ji hyo-yah… and if it gets hard… just go home. I’ll wait for you.”

She tossed her phone away and then started attacking the boxes. She opened the biggest and she was surprised of the content. Her favorite pillows, stuff toys and even her comforters. Another box revealed tons of comfortable looking pants and shirts. This put a smile on Ji hyo’s face, her father really knows her well. She hated the girly dress and skirts, she doesn’t like wearing high-heels. She sorted out the stuff. The incident that morning made her think that dressing up won’t do any good. It will just distract the students. 

 

 

A knock on her door made Ji hyo look at the clock and she was surprised to see what time it was. No wonder her stomach hurts. “Wait a minute…” she scrambled past the boxes and hurried to the door, expecting Jong kook, but instead a young man was standing there, smiling at her. “Hey, you’re Miss Song right?” she nodded at him unsure if he was a student wearing an apron… with hearts. “Oh… I’m not a student. I am D.O, or Kyung soo… I am the mother of this dorm.” The man smiled brightly and offered his hand to her. She took it and he shook it excitedly. He smelled of homemade cookies and it made Ji hyo’s stomach growl audibly. They both laughed and Ji hyo knows she found a good friend.

Ji hyo ate her food fast. D.O’s cooking is really the best and he is very motherly. He sat opposite Ji hyo and watched her eat heartily. “Eat as much as you want noona. The students had all left and I was wondering where you are.”

“You are a good cook... this is really good. If you didn’t call me or something I might have been still in my room.”

“Haha it’s okay. Everyone except the student knows you are coming and I even prepared a special meal for you.” Ji hyo nodded in thanks to D.O and then quickly gulped down her food. “That was really daebak… but I need to go to my class. Thanks for the food.” He smiled sweetly at him and watched her run up the stairs. When she was gone from sight, D.O called a man hiding in the kitchen. “Hey Jong kook hyung. Why did you make me call her instead of you?”

“Because I’m too tired to go all the way up there.”

“Then why eat in the kitchen? You could just have dined with her.”

“Yah… you know I don’t really like being around girls.” D.O nodded and stopped teasing Jong kook. Girls are after all the main reason why Jong kook teaches in that school.

 

 

The day went by fast. Ji hyo went to her second class with freshmen students and she adored them because they are like little sweet kids. Her next class with some senior students was quite an experience, those students are extremely active, in other stuff and they kept on flirting with her. She has another second year class and they were the most normal students she had.

She finished her class around five that afternoon and she was so exhausted. She went to the dorms to rest and she can’t believe she is craving D.O’s cooking. When she reached the dom. There were students already. They all greeted her and she can only smile at them. She reached the second floor and as soon as the students saw her, they all cheered loudly.

Wooh! It’s Miss Song!

She’s in charge of this dorm! Hail our queen!

We’ll live with her!

There were many students gathered there and they all chanted her name. This made Ji hyo feel shy and embarrassed. Some of them are her students and she looked at them helplessly.

“Miss Song is my last love! Yah you bastards go your boyfriends!”  Dong hoon started to grab the kids around him but they just ignored him. “Yaah! She’s my last love!” Seo In guk hit Dong hoon in the head, making the small boy silent. He faced the students and tried to calm them down. “Yah guys! I know you are all excited here, but please tone it down, or else I’ll make you clean all the bathrooms here in school!” Ji hyo doesn’t know what’s with bathroom cleaning, but it was effective in silencing the crowd. It made Ji hyo wonder if the bathrooms in the school are scary or what.

“Miss Song, I am the dorm leader… Seo In guk, I’m also from class 2-C. Now that we are all going to stay here for a long time, do you mind saying something?”

“Me? Gosh this is quite embarrassing.” Her cute reaction made the boys all melt for her and In guk had to threaten them again with cleaning duties.

“Okay, guys keep quiet… here is Miss Song!” everyone gave her a loud applause and waited for her to say something. “Eherm… Okay first, I am Song Ji hyo. I graduated in Ehwa University and this is my first teaching experience. I will be helping Mr. Kim in managing this dorm. It’s my first time doing this so please bear with me. I hope we all make good memories together.”

“Yeah! Let’s go and make memories now!”  Screamed Dong hoon and this earned him numerous hits from everyone who can reach him. In guk looked at dong hoon fiercely and dong hoon whimpered and went away quietly. Finally, everyone calmed down and D.O who seemed to be waiting for her grabbed her arms. “You look so tired noona…,” those who heard only groaned in jealousy, as the two looked close. Dong hoon literally looked like he is going to cry.

D.O guided her to a table. “This is where teachers eat. I really hope we can always eat together… this hyung here is too boring.” The table is full of delicious food and the boring hyung almost choked on his food. Ji hyo and Jong kook shyly nodded in greeting to one another. “Hey guys… hyung, noona, enjoy the food and can you please tone down the awkwardness? Let’s eat!” D.O cheerfully sat down beside Jong kook so Ji hyo has no choice but sit in front of Jong kook. She doesn’t know why but it was really hard to even look at him.

“Hey Miss Song… how is your first day?”

“It was really fun but a little bit tiring too. The boys are really energetic. And I think I am in love with your food if that’s even possible. I kept on thinking about eating towards the end of my last class.”

“Haha thanks. But you know what, falling in love with my food is common here. Like Changmin and Xiumin. I even have to lock my precious wife so they wouldn’t steal my babies.”

“Haha the wife is the kitchen and the food is your babies?”

“Neh… you are so smart. Other people wouldn’t even try to understand me. And those kids fighting over my family gives me hell.”

“I think I know what you are talking about.” She said while eying the two boys trying to sneak in the kitchen. D.O followed her gaze and saw the boys breaking his wife open. “Oh my god those kids are at it again! Excuse me.” he stood up and charged at the boys, they went inside the kitchen and didn’t come out again.

Ji hyo and Jong kook continued to eat in silence. Jong kook tried to glance at Ji hyo but she was looking at him too. “Jong kook-ssi… we’ll be spending a lot of time together from now on. I hope we can get rid of this awkwardness. And… thank you again for your help.” I know you are working for my dad… but I can’t go home. Thought Ji hyo, Jong kook looked at her and tried to smile. Ji hyo laughed at his efforts. She realized that Jong kook is not really that rough or annoying, he is just too shy.

 

 

Ji hyo went up after finishing her dinner. She left early before the boys can bother her again. D.O made the Min duo scrub the plates and Jong kook just disappeared. Ji hyo smiled as she remembered the events that day, it is the first day but it is starting to feel like home.

Ji hyo hurried to the comfort room to answer the call of nature. The school doesn’t have bathrooms for females and she even have to go all the way to the infirmary to use the bathroom there. It’s a good thing the nurse is also a woman and she felt happy seeing her after being surrounded by boys. While she was doing her business, she noticed something peculiar. There were two doors in the bathroom, one leads to her room and the other one, she doesn’t know. After her business, she went to the door and listened to it. It seems there was no one there. She thought it was just storage or something so she opened the door and screamed.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

anyone who can guess what ji hyo saw? XD

thanks for reading, and no silent readers neh?