RM-ABS

Running Man All Boys School

 

Class 2-C has the weirdest atmosphere in all of the classrooms in RM - ABS (Running Man All Boy's School). No one is really talking, or doing things like normal classes do. Everyone was seated, lost in their own world. Those who likes to chat does so quietly, as if afraid of some mysterious force. Normally, each year level only has two sections, but in second year, they have to make three because there are more students.

 

The door opened and there was complete silence. Ji hyo entered with a big smile plastered on her face. She walked to the table and placed her things. She looked around the room not losing her smile although she felt nervous. She can’t pinpoint it but the class has a peculiar ambiance.

“Good morning class. I am Song Ji hyo, your homeroom teacher and I also teach history.” There was no reaction. At the back, there was some excited whisper, but that’s it. This kids seriously needs energy. Are they zombies or what?  “Since this is the first day let’s just talk to each other. I am a fresh graduate from Ewha University in Seoul. I decided to teach here for some personal reasons that are a bit hard to explain. About class rules, just behave yourselves and remember this, be responsible and face the consequences of your action. So I hope we all get along well. Do you guys want to ask some questions?”

“Ma’am you got a boyfriend?” said someone and the class cheered. “No I don’t have… I’ll let this pass but don’t be too personal with me, neh?” she warned them with a smile but the students seem to be curious about her now and they threw some more questions, like what’s her number, what’s her ideal type and some boys even asked her  erted questions. Ji hyo, just calm down… of course they are teens with raging hormones. Let it pass and control your temper.

“That’s enough about me, now I want to know you guys.”Ji hyo felt awkward with the sudden silence, but she is a teacher now so she mentally told herself to do her best no matter what. She was about to speak when the door burst open. A group of boys, who looked like they just came from a fight, went in. they just sat in their seats without a care in the world.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late!” a cute kid with glasses came sweating and panting. He looked at Ji hyo once and he surprised Ji hyo when he suddenly shouted, “waaah! The rumor is true! Daebak! Teacher, saranghae!” Ji hyo stared at the kid as if he was crazy, he just grinned at her and sat in front. He placed his bag on the back of the chair, and like a sunflower he stared at Ji hyo which weirded her out a bit.

“Okay… that’s not a real good start for you who just came in. Anyway, I’ll check the attendance first. It’s the first day so late comers are excused but don’t dare do it again without good reasons, neh? Remember be responsible, that’s my only rule.” the class murmured. Ji hyo felt discouraged by the lack of enthusiasm but she’ll work on it. “Since you are the first students I’ve ever handled, let’s try getting closer so I’ll call you all by first names. Raise your hand if I call you and say something about yourself, neh?” still no response except the penguin-like kid who never missed a chance to say ‘saranghae’.

“Seung hyun?”

“Present ma’am.”  Ji hyo raised her eyebrows as if trying to coax the boy to speak more but he just stared at her. “That’s all, and call me TOP.” Ji hyo sighed and moved on to the next person.

“Taemin?” huh, I thought it’s an all boys school, so why is there a girl in my class?

“I am a boy ma’am and I like girls.” Ommo, can this kid read minds?

“I always get that a lot ma’am. I’m often mistaken to be a girl so don’t wonder anymore, I’m not a mind reader.” Ji hyo smiled, amazed by Taemin’s mindreading skills.

“Jo kwon?”

“Present! I am the class muse, they call me Kwonnie!” Ji hyo stifled a chuckle at the boy’s description of himself. Among her students, Jo kwon seems to be the liveliest.

“Myung soo?” a kid sitting coolly at the back looked at Ji hyo with piercing stare. Without any expression he plainly said, “Present.” Ommo this kid is so cold. Why is this class full of weirdos?

“Changmin?”

“Present! I love food, but Xiumin keeps on eating my buns.” Ji hyo noticed the boy keeps on smiling, but the mention of another boy’s name made his eyes lose its glitter. She decided not to bother the smiling boy anymore.

“Xiumin?”

“Present! I like buns and Changmin I asked you if I can have them… you said yes.”

“I did not Xiumin! I’ll tell Kim teacher to transfer you to another dorm! I can’t live with you anymore!”  Changmin stood up and glared at Xiumin seating behind him. Although shorter, Xiumin glared at the taller boy too. Ji hyo panicked, how could a fight start just because of buns?

“Hey, boys! Wait no fighting in my class!” the two boys reluctantly sat down and Ji hyo proceeded before the two could fight again.

“Okay, next one is… Yunho.” Ji hyo looked around but no one spoke up. “Yunho? Absent? Okay… how about Jaejoong? Not here too?” she looked around wondering why someone would be absent on the first day.

“Ma’am those two are probably dating somewhere.” someone blurted.

“They’re probably doing it right now in the dorms,” the class roared in laughter and Ji hyo guessed that the two students are in a relationship. She let out an awkward laughter.

“Hee gun?”

“Present! I really am a student here ma’am and not the janitor. They call me Gary. “Ji hyo stared at Gary and she thought at least she can look at someone without getting blind. Honestly, she thought she is in a manhwa or something because her students are all handsome.

“Gwang soo?”

“Present! I am the class traitor. My dream is to beat teacher Kim in the school’s annual teachers versus students games.” Teacher Kim Jong kook sure is popular among the kids, but this Gwang soo is too passionate I think.

“Yah Kwang soo-yah, don’t use your time doing useless things. How can you win against teacher Kim?” said his seatmate who is reading a thick book.

“Neh good luck to you Gwang soo… next, Joong ki? Oh we even have the same surname.”

“Present. I am the class’ number 1 student, I like to study but unfortunately I’m stuck with my best friend Gwang soo who always gets into troubles.”

“Eyy Joong ki-yah… how can you say that.” Gwang soo put a hand around his friend, which the nerdy boy slapped. These kids sure are the best of friends…

“Dong hoon?”

“Present my love! Accept me please!”

“Err, dong hoon. Thanks for the warm welcome but isn’t that too much. Okay, Yi Fan?”

“It’s Kris for you teacher… I’m the iest man alive.” The others groaned but Kris doesn’t seem to care. Ji hyo only helplessly smiled at Kris. “Song teacher, don’t look at me too much or else you’ll fall in love with me.” oh really? This kid’s confidence is really something.

“That’s not happening, okay next, Tao?”

“I’m here! Kris is my boyfriend. I like Gucci and sweets. And Song teacher, Kris is mine!” Kris didn’t even look at the dark haired boy beside him. Tao started to do aegyo to Kris which made the blonde boy grin. Ji hyo was surprised when Tao suddenly glared at her, but she thought the couple looked cute.

"Seo in guk?"

"Present! I am the class president, welcome to our class." the boy politely bowed and ji hyo thought that at last there is someone normal in her class.

The roll call continued and after it, Ji hyo felt overwhelmed.  Not only she was in an all boy’s school, but also it seems she the school gathered all the flower boys in the country. Just how can everyone be so handsome?

 

After the homeroom period Ji hyo bade her class good bye and told them to study well. She checked her schedule and saw that she is free until lunchtime. She decided to tour the school. Some students saw her walking around and even if they are not her students they came to her.

“Hi! Are you the new teacher? I am Seung ri from class 2-B. you are teaching second years right? Will you be our teacher?”

“Don’t mind this loser ma’am. I am Kim soo hyun. Can we exchange numbers?”

“Hi I’m Kai, I belong in East dorm, room number 210. I’ll wait for you!” Ji hyo just smiled and tried to walk away but there are many boys who are surrounding her. They are all trying to ask her out but she felt so confused at all the names being thrown at her. A pair of arms pulled her from the crowd and the other students looked quiet scared. The crowd dispersed and Ji hyo saw Principal go dong wan passing by with a disappointed expression on his face.

Ji hyo sighed, she assured the principal that she’ll do her best but it was just the first day and she is already causing disturbances. She turned around to thank her savior expecting a teacher.

“Thank you so much, I didn’t know… oh, you are from my class. Myung soo right? Thanks.”  Ji hyo haven’t even finished talking but Myung soo already walked away. Ji hyo wondered why the kid was like that but she just shrugged it off. He is somewhat cool…

 

The bell rang for the first period so Ji hyo thought it was safe to walk around now. She admired the lush greeneries surrounding the place. She threaded the brick path in front of her, which lead her in the greenhouse. She peered inside and saw no one. She placed her hand on the door’s handle.

“Hey…” Ji hyo quickly pulled her hand away, turned around and saw a man frowning at her. The man fished out keys from his pocket. The man looked to be around his thirties. He looks roguish and his hair is unkempt but the man looks hot. The man ignored her and went to the door, Ji hyo though she’ll have a crush on him but when the man walked in front of her, he smelled like he haven’t took a bath for days. Ji hyo tried not to show it but the man already caught her wrinkling her nose. “Hey lady it’s the fertilizer… organic’s the way I do it. You are that teacher? I’m Ryu Seung ryong, in charge of botany and I teach science.” He opened the door with a grunt and left the door open.

Ji hyo thought it was an invitation for her to go inside but she felt it was weird to be alone with a y man even if he smells like fertilizer. “Ah err, Ryu Seung ryong-ssi, I have to go, see you around.” The man looked at him and shrugged. Ji hyo took that as a yes and walked away as fast as her heels could carry her.

She was a bit lost for a while and ended up seating in a bench. The surrounding trees made it hard for her to see the buildings and determine where she is. She thought of going to the greenhouse but she can’t find the way anymore and her feet hurts. She thought of calling Jong kook but they haven’t exchanged number yet. She looked at her phone sighing when she realized she has no one, except her father, but she can’t call him.

“Ji hyo!” she looked around, a smile forming in her face as the person behind her registered.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thanks for reading and i just want to ask if you want ji hyo to interact more with her sutdents or if you want the story to focus more on the teachers? oh and the teachers... you'll meet them later^^