Is this what its come to?

A New Sign of Love

:( this chapter made me sad...writting it I almost just a little wanted to cry lol 

____________________________________________________________♥

Yoseob’s POV

Intercom: 10 minutes until the park closes

“Ah! we have to get going...” Hyunseung looks around “where did Layla go?”

I shook my head at Hyunseung “She went to the restroom remember?!”

“But she went a while ago, I’m surprised she isn't back yet” Kikwang said trying to finish the rest of his cotton candy.

“Yah your right! she’s been gone for a while I wonder if she's ok”

“It might have been all the cotton candy she ate with Kikwang” Junhyung suggested laughing a little as he pointed at Kikwang.

“Yah maybe...” but I was still worried. I was thinking about going to go check on her when Kieu came behind me and tapped my shoulder.

“Don’t worry I’ll go check on her” she smiled at me trying to encourage me to relax. She must have sensed me worrying about her. I watched as she walked towards the girl’s bathroom then turned around to sit on the bench with the rest of the guys.

 

Kieu's POV

I opened the door and began calling for her when I noticed her body lying on the ground. I screamed and ran to her, dropping next to her body and checked to she if she was conscious. I pulled her over my lap to examine her face and saw that her lip was cut up and her eye was bruised. I couldn't stop the tears coming from my eyes.

“L-LAYLA WAKE UP!” I held her face in between my hands. 

“L-Layla wake up! wake up! l-look at me!” I rubbed her face trying to get her attention, her eyes struggled to open.

“k-ku” she barely managed to cough up my name. I shushed her, cooing her to relax. 

“Its ok I’m going to get help!” I softly placed her back on the floor and frantically slammed the door open.

“CALL THE HOSPITAL LAYLA WAS ATTACKED!!!”

 

Yoseob’s POV

I didn't even think to process Kieu’s words I just ran. I ran so fast busting the bathroom door open to see Layla lying lifeless on the floor. I immediately dropped my knees on her side gently lifting her up from the ground bringing her out of the bathroom to a bench outside. Once I lied her down on the bench I quickly pulled off my sweatshirt wrapping it into a ball to place under her head then kneeling on the ground next to her. I didn't even notice the boys were huddled around me until Kikwang pulled off his jacket and layed it across her body to keep her warm. I was so scared I tried to stay calm but I couldn't control my tears. Looking at her precious face beat up after only a moment of leaving her I was in shock. I held her hand softly calling out her name hoping to keep her conscious while the ambulance was on their way.

“Layla?” I softly rubbed her face and her eyes barely flickered open.

“Layla are you hurt anywhere else?” Kieu and Doojoon were calling for help while everyone formed around us examining Layla’s condition. Worried just as I was, pain and fear were written across their faces.

“N-Noona?!” Dongwoon couldn’t help his tears as they flowed down his face.

Just then she moved a little making her whine loudly. I freaked out.

“Whats wrong?! Where does it hurt?!!” I then noticed her holding the side of her stomach. Being careful not to touch any other injured ares I gently removed her hand and slowly lifted the side of her shirt.

“Oh my goodness!!” Kieu yelled burying her face in her hands letting out a huge cry Doojoon immediately pulled her into his chest cooing her to calm down but that was something we all had trouble with.

The sight of her stomach was grotesque there were multiple blotches of bruises covered around her stomach, her side being the worst. I couldn’t bare to look anymore putting her shirt down only grasping her hand, laying my forehead on the bench while I cried for her pain while she being to weak to even breathe. All we could do was just wait for the ambulance to arrive hoping to save her from this horrible night.

 

Your POV

I woke up to a white room and instantly I knew I was in the hospital. I looked at my side seeing ivy cords being pumped into my arm with a clamp on my finger monitoring my pulse. I looked on the other side of my bed and saw Yoseob sleeping on the edge, half his body sitting in a chair. He was holding my hand and so not to disturb his sleep I slowly drew my hand out of his grasp so that I could position myself upright. As soon as I moved he grabbed me back into his hold. His eyes squinted open noticing I was awake. He let go of my hand to stretch taking that opportunity to sit up. In that moment I felt enormous pain crash down on my body. I winced but pushed through my struggle. He quickly put his hands under my arms to help pull me up, positioning my pillows so that I was comfortable.

“How...” I soon as I spoke my voice was not mine but of a man’s, I tried to clear my throat only finding more pain that has been brought onto my body, reminding me of the damage that girl had caused when forcing back my groans.

“You don’t need to speak. You need rest” his voice was so lifeless, if my eyes were closed I wouldn’t know it was Yoseob speaking. He didn’t even look me in the face when I smiled at him trying to comfort him despite the appearance of my condition. I didn't want this incident to stop me from moving forward I only wanted to get stronger. Remembering the pain in my throat I decided to whisper as I spoke, the room was dead quiet so he would be able to hear me clearly. I reached for his hand, he gripping mine softer this time.

“Yoseob...” He finally looked at me and I smiled.

“I will get better....I promise you that” he only half-smiled looking down again.

My chest was in pain, not from my injuries but from the distant atmosphere he has put between us. I had an idea of what he might be feeling, guilt. Though he should have none whatsoever. I wanted to reassure him that this incident had nothing to do him. I placed my hand lightly under his chin, lifting it up to bring his eyes to mine ready to tell him not to feel anything but happiness that I’m alive and well, any other regret or pain will only weaken my body towards recovery. Looking into his eyes a knock came on the door. We dropped our gaze looking at the door.

“Come in.” Yoseob announced.

The door slowly opened to happily lit faces coming in to greet me. Something I needed at this moment. Kieu and the boys trickled in with bags of food, all setting the food down at a large round table in the corner of the room before coming to approach me.

“Layla...” Kieu’s eyes began to water as she smiled at the sight of my glowing face. I wanted to show them I was alright, ignoring the aching sores all over my body.

“Is...is it okay if I hug you?..” she looked towards Yoseob for approval though I happily granted, grabbing her hand to initiate the hug. As we embraced one another I then realized how weak my body was, barely being able to wrap my arms around her back. I wasn't even sure she could feel me holding her.

She backs up wiping her tears moving aside for the next. They were all cautious not to hurt me when they came in to hug me, knowing already how bad I got beat up but everyone kept a happy heart unlike Yoseob. Everyone gathered at the table to dig into their food. Dongwoon brought a chair over to my bedside to sit next me while he started to eat. He took a bite out of his sandwich then looked at me. Feeling a little guilty eating in front of me he pulls his sandwich to his lap, slowly chewing his food then swallowed.

Whispering “No!!...” I gestured to his food “please eat...don't worry about me!” I smiled giving him reassurance to continue. 

I wasn’t able to eat at the moment my throat was too sore and my stomach was too sensitive that eating was the last thing on my mind. I grabbed my apple juice the nurse had given me so that I had something in my stomach. Apple juice never tasted so good.

“Layla?...” I looked over to Dongwoon still sipping on my juice box “how are you feeling? are you in a lot of pain?”

*SLAM!!* grabbing all our attention, Yoseob put his food down on the table and glared at Dongwoon. He got up out of his chair, ignoring everyones stares, and stormed out of the room. We all just sat their gawking at the door. I turned to see Dongwoon looking upset, feeling responsible for Yoseob’s outburst. I laid my hand on his shoulder touching his face to look at me.

“To answer your question I’m feeling very sore but I feel much better now that your all here for me” I looked around the room letting everyone know that their presence was greatly appreciated. Doojoon got up to walk over to my bed grabbing my hand lightly kissing the back of it. He took a seat on the edge on my bed, holding my hand between the two of his. He smiled.

“Your health is what we all care about most and when I say we I mean all of us..” He cocked his head to the door referring to Yoseob. 

“..it’s just this disaster...has taken a big toll on us all, many of us are just trying to hold back our sorrows in order to keep you happy but Yoseob...” he sighed 

“...he cant help but feel responsible for the damage that has been placed upon you...” I was about to interject but he stopped me to continue. 

“...I know. we all know this incident had nothing to do with him but the idea that his fans did this makes him feel like it was his own hands that injured your body because he wasn’t there to protect you”. I looked down. I felt awful. I was the reason he is beating himself up for something he had nothing to do with. He tapped my hand to get my attention.

“Don't worry he’ll be okay! He’s been here all night he just needs some air” he smiled and I tried to also but I don’t know if it was convincing enough to show that I trusted his words.

-------------------------------

The afternoon was ending. Everyone had left mid morning to their schedules. Kieu had class and Beast needed to go to interviews and arrive at a studio to do a photo shoot. Yoseob didn't come back to say goodbye when the boys left. I was sad having to see him storm out that way before I went to bed. My nurse came in to help me to the bathroom to wash up, my legs felt like jello after laying in bed for so long. When I got out Yoseob was in my room sitting on the chair beside my bed with his head down.

*He must be sleeping, his eyes were red when he woke up this morning*

At my second attempt to not wake him up I slowly tiptoed my way to my bed losing my balance last minute catching myself at the edge of my bed. He woke up and was at my side before I could even stand on my own. He helped me into the bed pulling the blankets over my body. He took a seat on the bed, holding my hand on his lap.

“I’m sorry for earlier I didn't mean to react that way I just....had a lot on my mind”

“Yoseob its not your fault...” he shook his head stopping me from speaking any further.

“I’m sorry...” he looked down “I don't want to talk about that right now...I just want to enjoy this time with you as you get better and heal from this ordeal” he got up and kissed my forehead then breaking away to lightly kiss my lips. We smiled enjoying the moment together.

“Are you staying the night?” he nodded.

“No please...your so tired you should be in a bed not a chair”

He pointed at my bed.

“OH!! ok yes” I moved over to make room. I let him lay with me there was no way I could let him sleep in that chair another night.

He positioned himself to where he was comfortable. I then slowly scootched my way onto his chest trying really hard not to groan from the pain I was feeling when I rustled about. I didn’t want to remind him of his guilt. Yoseob positioned the ivy cords around his body so that I could snuggle close to him.

“Yoseob?.”

“Ne!”

“Im happy were together right now” he stayed quiet.

“Yoseob?” he rubbed my head, moving to kiss my hair.

“...me too” 

Although I didn’t want to, but I couldn’t help but think he forced those words out of his mouth.

---------------

Its been a couple of days almost to a week since I’ve been recooperating in the hospital and I was finally being discharged. I still had my scars but the worst of if it had healed during my stay. I only need to take extra care not to provoke or create any more damage to my injuries. Other than that I was so happy to be out, happy to move forward from this incident, ready to continue my days healing. 

When I approached the exit door everyone was gathered around a cab that was there to me home. Yoseob and Kieu were putting my bags and medications into the trunk while I slowly walked over to greet them. Everyone turned to look at me. I saw shock hidden behind their faces. Besides Kieu and sometimes Yoseob, the boys haven’t seen me since their last visit. I lost a lot of weight but that can easily be treated with a couple of prescribed burgers and milkshakes.

“Ready to go?” Kieu positioned her arm around my waist helping me walk to the cab. Yoseob opening the door to let us in. He close the door and I rolled down the window to say goodbye to the boys.

“Thank you guys so much for being there for me!”

“Your welcome Noona!”

“Get better okay we want to see you soon!” they all waved goodbye walking to their van having to leave for another busy day. Yoseob approached my window last.

“I wont be able to see you for couple of days or contact you because we’ll be really busy with the new release and...” I stopped him.

“Don’t worry have fun I’ll eventually see you soon!”

He half-smiled again. Nodding his head then kissing me on the forehead to say goodbye.

---------------------

I was given a leave at the agency until I healed and I also took a couple more days off from school. I was able to notify my professors of my incident not going into full detail but just enough so that they agreed to excuse my absence as long as I kept up with my work. Finals were still a couple of weeks away so I was set. I was home alone though Kieu still had school but she would always come back with food since I couldn't leave my apartment for a while. doctors orders.

*sigh* but being bedridden was soooo boring. I often got up to do chores around the house things I shouldn't be doing but hey no one was here to scold me.

‘DING DONG’ I looked at the clock. It was still early in the afternoon. Kieu shouldn't be back till later. I looked through the key hole. I gasped. It was Yoseob. I was so happy to see him I quickly opened the door and gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck, immediately remembering I was still healing, my sides went on fire. I quickly retreated to hold my stomach wincing in pain. 

“A-Are you ok?” he had his arms guarded around me making sure I didn't collapse or anything.

“Yah no...I’m fine..” I straighten out so that he wouldn't worry pushing away the pain, it subsiding after a couple of seconds. I laughed.

“Sorry!! I was so excited to see you I forgot I was still recovering!  ”

He didn't laugh but half smiled. *Again with that face whats up with him?*

“Please come in?” I move aside to let him in closing, the door behind him when he entered. I sat on my couch trying to relax my muscles.

“So! what you come down for?” I patted the seat next to me but he didn't move from his spot he just stood there. I was worried. Last time he was like this was when I woke up in the hospital. It couldn't possibly be he still feels guilty.

“What’s wrong you can tell me”

He stood quiet for a little, opening his mouth his was ready to say something “I....” he brought his hands to his face then wiped them down to his mouth to look at me.

*Oh no...this isn't going to be good*

“I...don't think we should try....anymore?”

“Try? What do you mean?”

“Try...being together”

“Wha...why?”

“Its best to just stay friends....you were right we live two diff-”

“WAIT!!” I couldn't control my voice, I went on impulse.

“Don’t use that as an excuse that's not the reason why your saying this!”

“Yah your right its because I don’t think we should be together..”  

“What are you saying? your the one who told me you want to be with me...things were going great”

“Yah well....I changed my mind I’m no good for you!”

*I was right*

“Are you kidding me?!...” I was out of my seat now I felt no pain it was like I regained my full strength in that moment.

“...your still blaming yourself for what happened?”

“You were right to wonder what the fans might do!” 

“No! I didn't mean to say that...I’m willing to take the risk to fight for you”

He looked at me furious now “Your willing to end up in the hospital again for my sake when I couldn’t even protect you the first time!”

“That wasn’t your fault you had nothing-”

“It was my fault...it was! because of me those girls came after you...you can take that risk but I can’t...not this way...theres no way we could be more without putting you in danger!”

“You don't understand...by staying away from each other were only giving them what they want....as long as we fight to stay together they will learn to respect your decision rather than controlling your life....don’t let that happen to you...to us!”

He stared at me then shook his head “I can’t...”

“Please don't do this!” he still denied me of my plea. I couldn’t stand anymore I felt my knees give out. I sat there on the floor with my head down feeling the water obscure my vision I couldn't even project my voice without crying I tried my best hide it. I whispered

“please..” it was no use, the tears came falling covering them with my hands to cry.

 

Yoseob’s POV

This is all my fault. I couldn’t protect her. Even now seeing her cry in front of me I wanted to hold her in my arms, kiss her lips and tell her everything will be okay but I couldn’t...to keep her safe...I couldn’t. 

“Layla..” I went to touch her but she cringed away from me.

She whispered in english “Please...just go...” I knew what she meant.

It took everything in my power not to take back everything I said. I don't want it like this. I’d give her exactly what she wanted if I didn't see the reasons why painted all over her body. Her healing bruises on her legs and back that were hidden under her clothes but in plain sight in my eyes. Looking at the scabbed cut on her lip....I can’t I have to keep her safe and this may be the only way.

“I’m sorry...” she didn't respond to me.

I was shocked at how this whole thing turned out. I never wanted this. I don’t but I’m too ashamed. I want her to get better and live a safe and happy life and if being away from her is the only way I can protect her, I’ll have to fight myself to do it....because I love her. 

I turned around grabbing the handle on the door but didn't turn it yet. I just listened. Hearing her cry behind me I looked back to see her kneeled all the way down her head resting on the floor pouring her eyes out. It hurt so much to see I couldn't even control my own tears. I looked away, turning the knob I walked out closing the door behind me.

________________________________________________________________♥