Surprise

A New Sign of Love

OMG guys you have no idea how excited I was when this wonderful person made me a poster just beacause!!! Isnt it so pretty/cute/creative/awesome haha I have more words to describe it but im so happy lol thank you SwizzleStiX so much you made me happy I love it!!

love you subbies!!

Warning: cursing and :( parts in the following chapter...

________________________________________________♥

Your POV

“Layla I do need to tell you something..”

*Oh no!!...there’s that look again I wonder what he’s hiding*

Yoseob inhaled before looking at me seriously

“I..”

-RING>>RING>>RING-

My phone went off. I looked at the caller ID and it was Kieu.

“Hold on seobie”

“Hey Kieu I’m a little busy...”

“Layla!! I started my period and I have NOTHING can you please pick me up something before I die of blood loss!!””

I laughed “Oh!! yeah ok I will!”

I quickly hung up and looked back to Yoseob who stood still.

“Sorry about that seobie...ok so tell me something I’m all ears”

He looked at me curiously “I-Is everything ok?”

“Yeah everything’s fine I just need to get something for Kieu”

“Is it really important?”

“Well kinda if your thinking from a girl’s perspective!” I giggled at the thought of him figuring it out.

 

Yoseob’s POV

Honestly that phone call came at perfect timing for I had lost strength to tell her the truth I was too terrified of losing her.

“But it can wait though if what you need to say is more important...I’m listening” she smiled softly, waiting for me to respond. 

......

“N-No its okay it can wait let’s go do what you need to do” I backed out.

“Are you sure?” she questioned with concern and I only nodded. 

After grabbing what she needed to get at a drug store close by we made our way back to the hotel.

“HEY KIKWANG!!” Layla waves and yells in the lobby where she see’s him walking towards us.

“Hey what are you guys doing out so late?”

“Oh we went for a walk but Kieu had called me to pick something up for her so if you’ll excuse me I need to bring this to her fast” she giggled then quickly hugged and kissed me on the cheek while also turning to Kikwang for a tight hug and ran off to the elevators. We watched her until she went into the lift leaving us alone in silence.

Kikwang turned to me “You didnt tell her”

“I was interrupted besides how am I supposed to confess if front her smiling face like that, I was practically dying inside.”

“I guess but it’s only going to get worse the more you wait...”

“Its easier said than done you act like I can just tell her easily as if it doesn't rip me apart on the inside knowing what I did with a girl I don't even know.....you know what will happen and I’m not ready for it I’d rather be disgusted with myself than lose Layla...You have no idea how much pain I’m going through and there you are acting all righteous telling me to do the right thing well put yourself in my shoes and then come tell me you understand how ty I feel...”

There it was. I exploded and took it out on Kikwang. I’m not emotionally ready and don’t know when I’ll ever be “Y-Yoseob I’m sorry...”

I sighed taking a moment to calm myself. “Don’t be sorry its just me letting out my anger...I’ll tell her soon I know I have too”

He just nodded. 

“I’m going back out, call me if anything happens”

 

Kikwang’s POV

Yoseob gave me a faint smile and walked back out of the lobby. I was about to ask when he would be back but I thought it would be best if he were by himself right now.

I went back to my room walking down the hallway where I found Layla waiting for me outside my door.

“Oh I thought you had to go back to your room?”

“Yah I did but I came here because I needed to ask you something”

*Oh no please don't ask me about Yoseob!!* I nodded hesitantly.

“It’s about Yoseob..”

*Damn*

“..he’s been acting a little strange lately...not his usual self and he was trying to tell me something earlier but we got caught up so he let it go...do you happen by some chance know what’s wrong or why he seems so sad?”

“I-I’m sorry Layla I don’t”

*great now I’m lying to her*

She sighs feeling a little disappointed from lack on knowing what is really bothering Yoseob “I hope he feels better” she fiddled with her necklace Yoseob had given her looking even more worried.

“You know you shouldn't worry to much...maybe he feels a little sad because he’ll be busy the next couple of days and he wont be able to see you, you know how sad he gets when he cant spend time with you...we never here the end of it” I joked hoping to make her smile and of course she did.

“You may be right maybe he’ll feel better once his birthday comes and he see’s the surprise I have for him”

“Surprise?”

She shook her head “I’ll let you know later once I straighten things out then I’ll fill you in”

I nodded “Oh but your present!! how is that coming along?”

“It’s looking really good I brought it with me to work on for a little I’m adding really pretty decorations to it I hope he likes it!!”

“Of course he will!! anything you make him he’ll love” I reassured her.

“Aww Kikwang your such a good friend...” she pulled me in gripping me tight as I did the same “..Yoseob is lucky to have you” she said still hugging me.

I sighed “Trust me your much more special to him than me”

 

[Jan 4th: night before Yoseob’s birthday]

Your POV

I decided to do some last minute shopping after I got out of work for the surprise party I was throwing for Yoseob which he was clueless about. Yes another party but this will be small, just me and those close to him since he will be busy filming some show early tomorrow. I cant believe he is put to work on his birthday.

“Oh well at least this little party will bring his sprits up” I said while placing more decorations into my shopping basket.

Yoseob still seems a bit depressed about something each time we talk on the phone. He’s been very quiet and not thinking clearly seeming like he has a lot on his mind. When I ask him if he’s okay or what’s been bothering him he always says “nothing” or that he’s fine. “Don't worry yeobo....I love you” he would always tell me which would always stop me from questioning him any further but I still wonder.

I paid for what I bought at the party supply store and made my way back home. Stepping out of the store if was freakin freezing as I waited for a bus to arrive. 

“Ah man I love winter but this is too much” I decided to just push through the cold and walk home. I had a handful of bags with me that wasn't too hard to carry but my hands her freezing up as I kept walking further into the cold weather. 

Passing the corner of a building I ran into someone who felt like a wall as I fell backwards, losing my balance from the snow and dropping my bags on the floor.

“OMO!! I’m so sorry are you okay?!” the person said quickly pulling me back up with ease. I looked up.

“K-Kikwang?..” my teeth started to chatter because my was drenched in water from the snow. “..w-what you d-doing out here?”

“Layla!!..” he beamed “I should be asking you the same”

I bent back down to pick up my things as Kikwang helped me put them back in the bags.

“I went to do a little more shopping for tomorrow you're coming right?!”

“Of course! everyone is really excited and Yoseob still has no clue!!”

"O-Oh good I-I’m glad” I started to shiver now.

“Not used to the cold huh?!” he grinned a little amused with the fact that I couldn't handle the weather.

“Well it was bearable before my hit the snow!”

His smile then fell “Ah! I’m sorry!!”

I shook my head and smiled back “I-It’s fine but I’m going to try to get home soon so I can warm up..see you tomorrow”

As I was about to leave Kikwang stepped in front of me before I could pass. 

“Let me take you home I have my car parked around the corner”

“Y-You have a c-car too??!!”

He chuckled “Yeah! why do you sound surprised?”

“I thought you guys were always driven somewhere”

“Well when we have time to ourselves we usually drive out with our own cars but we secretly hide them so I can see why its surprising that we own some...come on let’s hurry before you catch something bad” He took all the bags I was holding, grabbed my hand and guided me to his car. 

“Watch out its a little slippery right here..” and before I could catch his warning my feet slipped from under me and I landed back on the ground

“OW!!!”

He kneeled down “Are you okay?!!”

“Yah I’m fine I think I hurt my foot though”

He then eyed curiously “Waait a minute your not trying to have me carry you all the way up here are you?!”

I shot a look back *Does he think I’m joking?* “What are you talking about? how far is your car?” 

“Up this parkway” He pointed inside the parking garage. I looked up the steep ramp and gulped. This was gonna be tricky.

“You sure you can make it? I suppose I’ll give you a piggyback ride” He said teasing then turned around for me to hop on.

“No I really hurt my foot jerk and aren't I a little too old for piggy back rides?!”

“I mean if you want to walk on your ankle...”

I shook my head “Its okay I’ll limp all the way there!!”

“Okaay but its not like I haven't carried you before” Kikwang pretended to flex his arms and I just rolled my eyes.

“Oh so that’s what you were doing around here you went to workout!!”

“Yup of course I have to keep myself fit!!” He winked. 

“Kikwang I told you to take it easy otherwise girls will only talk to you because of your body!”

“Well you talk to me!”

“But I’m not single” 

He shrugged “It’s okay I have you to keep me company I’d prefer a friend more than a girlfriend right now anyway” he smiled sweetly and it was then I thought Kikwang was so cute.

I smiled “I’m glad you feel that way I’ll be around if you need advice or anything”

“Same here even when you fall drunk again I’ll be here to carry you and what not” he chuckled and I soon as he finished my foot gave out again but he caught me before I could hit the pavement a third time.

I turned and his face was so close I quickly backed out but couldn't stand on my foot any longer. Before I could fight him again Kikwang picked me up this time and walked with me in his arms a couple of steps further where his car was parked. I couldn't say anything because my foot really did hurt and his face wouldn't take “No” for an answer. He placed me down for a second to pull his keys out of his pocket, pressing a button to the open cars doors. When hearing the doors unlock I decided to hop my way to the passenger side.

“YAH! can you stop being so stubborn!!”

“What?! are you planning to carry me into the seat too?” he placed my bags into his back seat then walked around me to open my door. 

“No but I wanted to open the door for you” he said shyly

“Are you blushing?”

“No its the lights in here...j-just get inside!”

I giggled and did as he asked. He shut my door, got in his seat and drove out of the parking garage. It was silent for a moment before he spoke.

 

Kikwang's POV

*I wonder*

“So..um..has Yoseob said anything in particular to you?”

She looked at me confused “I’m not sure he hasn't said anything strange to me....should he be saying something to me?”

*Oh damn*

“A-Aniyo its nothing!”

“He is hiding something isn't he?....you would tell me right Kikwang?” she kept her eyes on my face searching for any doubt I might show. I just nodded.

“I would tell you”

She understood me but thankfully didnt probe any further. It was then I decided to reassure her about something.

“If anything happens to you Layla please know that I’m here for you as well araso?!”

She looked at me questionably “O-Okay...are you feeling ok Kikwang? are you feeling down about something?”

This girl has such huge heart worrying and caring about people who are as of now keeping secrets from her. She has no idea what’s ahead of her. How much longer does he plan to hold this off. I didn't expect him to tell her on his birthday but she deserves to know the truth and soon not to be dragged along and be lied to...by both of us.

“I-I’m okay..just remember that...ok” she slowly nodded and I ended the conversation as we approached her dorm.

“Make sure you ice and wrap your foot ok?”

“I will..” she smiled “..Good night Kikwang I’ll see you tomorrow” she grabbed her bags and shut the door then limped her way inside. I would have helped her but I don't trust that I’d be able to keep what I know inside me the more I talk with her. I just hope her smile never fades no matter what hardships come her way.

 

[Jan 5: Yoseob’s Birthday]

Yoseob’s POV

I became a member of "Oh my School!" and the beginning of my day went pretty well. I was able to play and laugh during filming which helped ease a bit of my stress for the time being but once I finished all the pressure came right back. Even on my birthday I let it get this far but I am just too afraid to tell her. I really don't know what will happen. What's the worst that could happen? well she’ll leave me...that is the worst possible scenario. I don't even feel like celebrating my birthday right now. I only see today as another added postponement of my confession to Layla. I should have told her as soon as possible but I can’t.

“Hey Yoseob Happy Birthday!!” my manager said.

“hey hyung and thank you” I replied with less enthusiasm.

“Are you okay? Why so down? its your birthday your supposed to be happy!!”

“I don't see what there is to be happy about” I mumbled to myself.

“Hmm did you say something?”

“Ah..uh...Aniyo”

“Oh I thought I heard you...nevermind c’mon seob we gotta get you to your par-” he stopped mid sentence and cleared his throat “..I mean back to your house”

That seemed a little suspicious but I let it go nothing could stray my thoughts away from what’s eating me inside as well as my constant thoughts of Layla. He opened the door for me and slammed it shut and I just laid back and tried to sleep hoping to relax my head......

-------------------

I walked inside the dorm finding everyone gathered around Layla who was crying in Kikwang’s arms. He told her. I looked around the room finding a cake with my name on it set on our table with balloons and streamers decorated around the dorm.

“L-Layla..”

“YOSEOB STAY AWAY FROM ME!!” she yelled turning to me with stained tears falling off her cheeks. 

“p-please let me explain” I pleaded as I slowly stepped towards her.

“NO!!! there is nothing more for you to explain just get away from me” Layla then yanked her necklace causing it to break from her neck and threw it at my feet “I’m done” was her last words before she ran away from me disappearing from my sight.

“LAYLA NO!!”

 

I woke up. Still in the van that was still driving on the road. My manager starred back at me in shock.

“Yoseob are you ok?!?!”

I nodded desperately trying to catch my breath, I swallowed nothing but dry spit. My mouth was so parched. Hyung handed me a water bottle, taking big gulps of what was remaining. The van then veered off the street and parked against the curb. I looked out the window and we were nowhere I could recognize.

“We’re here” he smiled.

“Where’s here?”

“You’ll see” he then hopped out the van and opened the door waving me to get out.

“Go through those doors I’ll meet you in a bit I need to make a call”

I was nervous. I looked at the building it front of me, it was really dark and scary. I shook my head at him but he ignored me staying focused on his call. If I die tonight at least I lived a good life till now. 

When I opened the front doors a small bell rung above my head. It was pitch black inside. I made sure to stay at the foot of the door incase I needed to make a run for it. Like a lost little boy I called for my manager outside when suddenly the lights flickered on.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!” Sparklers, streamers, and horns were popped and sounded scaring the out of me. And then I saw Layla dressed so cute and wonderful just like herself not dolled in lots of clothes just the way I first met her. She walked towards me with my cake and candles lit. My manager came in from behind me pushing me forward to get inside as they all started to sing to me.

I kept my eyes locked on Layla. The fire from the candle reflected off the iris of her eyes as she smiled, her lips mouthed to the song as I didnt hear anything except her voice singing to me. I wanted so bad to cry.

“Make a wish Seobie” she cooed softly.

I wished she would stay with me for the rest of my life

Inhaling big and praying hard I blew out my candles and everyone cheered. Doojoon flickered the lights off and on, Hyunseung and Dongwoon popping more poppers, Junhyung breaking the balloon to scare me while Kieu nagged at him saying he was wasting all their hard work and then catching sight of Kikwang in the back smiling at me. I half smiled back and followed after Layla to the table where she went to put the cake back down. I hugged her from behind and squeezed her tight.

“Ay Seobie loosen up a bit will ya!!”

“No...I’m never letting go”

She giggled “Well let me at least reach for the knife to cut the cake”

I gave her a little room to stretch but still held her in my arms until she came back and returned to the same grip I had her in before. She sliced the cake evenly and called out to everyone who wanted some. She took her finger and wiped off a bit of the vanilla frosting to place on the tip on my nose then the rest off her finger.

“Mmmm vanilla your favorite”

I pouted “Not on my noo~ose”

“Where Seobie?!”

“In my mouth” I closed my eyes and opened wide acting cute to make her laugh. Instead she grabbed a handful of the cake and smushed it all over my mouth. She stuck her tongue out while backing away from me as I also took a good portion from the cake in my hand and began chasing her around the room. This is going to be fun.

 

Your POV

*Oh my gosh now I need to run* Everyone began laughing at us as Yoseob chased me around the room almost catching me but I ducked behind Kikwang and ran into a conjoining hallway in the building. It was dark and I couldn't see where I was going.

“GOTCHA!!

I yelped as Yoseob pulled me back to smash the cake inside my mouth while the excess got all over the ends of my hair.

“AHH Yoseob you got it in my hair”

He pointed to his face sarcastically as I had done the same to him.

“It’s ok now your sweet enough for me to eat I don't even need the cake”

Yoseob hooked his fingers onto the loop of my jeans to bring me closer and started to kiss and the area around my lips where the cake was smashed. He tried to tease me again by not kissing my lips quick enough until I took it upon myself and kissed his lips instead. He sighed as I moaned into our sweet lips the leftover frosting the was held onto his bottom lip. I slipped his full bottom lip in between my teeth and off as much vanilla I could taste. I began walking slowly backwards causing him to follow because I was still holding onto his lip until I felt the wall against me. I let go and he slid his tongue inside mouth letting him massage mine in return. I will be sure to visit that bakery shop again because the flavor of the frosting absorbed into mine and Yoseob’s mouth tasting nothing but sweet vanilla and the texture of his taste buds against mine. I was about to rake my fingers through his hair until I realized my hands were still covered in frosting. I sighed moving away from hs lips as Yoseob started to kiss my neck.

“Seobie before you go any further let me clean myself off” 

“No...because then...you’ll...have to...leave...me” he said between the baby kisses he began leaving on my neck and back up to my lips.

I kissed him once more then pushed him back “I won’t ever leave you...the bathroom is right over there and I’ll be right back”

“Promise”

“I promise” I kissed his cheek and walked down the dark hall into the bathroom so happy to get this cake out of my hair. *sigh* I asked for it anyway.

 

Kikwang's POV

Seeing Yoseob play with Layla like there is nothing wrong really started to tick me off. He is just setting her up for an even bigger broken heart. If I had a girlfriend as beautiful as her I would never hurt her like this. 

“Hey why do you look so grumpy?” Junhyung asked, shoving a mouthful of cake into his mouth.

“I’m not grumpy..” I shot back at him

“Oh chincha?!! hmm well stop scowling like that and maybe I’ll believe you” he joked but I didnt laugh. Yoseob came back from the other room with no Layla following after. I saw a smile on his face as he touched his lips before reaching for a napkin on the table.

“Excuse me” I told Junhyung and marched towards Yoseob.

I tapped his shoulder “Can we talk?”

He glanced at me then went back to wiping his mouth “About what?”

“You know what!!”

“Oh well then I don't want to talk” he started to walk away.

“Alright I guess I’ll go talk to Layla” Not even giving him a chance to glare at me I had him follow me to a more private area from the room letting everyone converse among themselves.

We went down the hall until I found an abandoned conference room where I could talk with him seriously. Once he stepped in I closed the door.

 

No POV

But the door Kikwang thought he closed didnt not close all the way

 

Kikwang's POV

“So..”

Yoseob didnt bother to look at me and kept his eyes on a wall behind me.

“When are you going to tell her?”

“Soon”

“When is soon?”

“Whenever I feel like it”

“When will that be?”

“Why do you care?”

“Because I care about when you plan to break the heart of the girl you say you love”

Yoseob slammed his fist on the empty table beside him.

“Don’t judge me like that you know I would never do that!!”

“Your doing it now Yoseob!!”

“ KIKWANG!! you act like I don't care about her that I’m just going to never tell her about what happened so I can save my !!!”

“That’s what your actions prove!!”

 

Your POV

“Aww much better and less sticky” I stepped out the bathroom and went back into the party aiming to grab my gift for Yoseob to give to him. Once I took it out from hiding I looked around the room and noticed Yoseob wasn't in here.

“Hey Hyunseung do you know where Yoseob is?” Hyunseung was still eating his cake while shaking his head “No” as Junhyung came up from behind him stabbing his fork into Hyunseung's slice making him hiss and answered my question instead.

“I saw Kikwang and Yoseob go out the hall to talk about something but I don’t know where...” he looked down at my hands and smiled “..is that for seob?!”

I nodded “Well Pali!! go give it to him!!” he encouraged me with a push to go find them making me even more excited to give it to him. I truly hope he loves this. Got myself a few paper cuts in the process. 

As I walked down the hall I found out it was longer than I thought the further I went in. I started to hear yelling as I walked closer to the end. I turned the corner to an open door with the light on hearing Yoseob and Kikwang arguing with each other.

 

Yoseob’s POV

“Oh ok just because I wanted to hug and kiss my girlfriend on my birthday makes me an now!!”

“Your only and FOR NOT TELLING HER THE TRUTH!!!” he roared at me making me even more furious.

“HOW THE SHOULD I TELL HER HUH?!! do you want me to say “Layla the reason I was missing that night was because I was so drunk that I ed a random girl at the party which I thought was you but don't worry I still love you and I hope you’ll forgive me” LIKE THAT!! IS THAT HOW I SHOULD TELL HER?!?!”

Just then me and Kikwang snapped our necks towards the door where we heard glass shatter onto the floor and outside there stood Layla looking at me like I was a monster as tears flowed down her face.

I wanted to die.

 

No POV

Layla dropped the picture frame she made for Yoseob upon hearing his confession being told violently and distastefully out of anger but how was she supposed to reason like that. She started to think Yoseob didnt love her. All the negative thoughts came rushing to her head she knew none of them were true but not now she could not think of anything else but to leave the very spot where she stood as tears began to flood and blur her vision. Looking down at the ground and back up where both of the boys noticed that she heard all of their conversation, if not the worst of it.

“LAYLA!!” Yoseob gasped fumbling over his feet as he planned to reach out to her but without a word she ran back down the pitch black hall ignoring the scream of her name coming from Yoseob, dashing through everyone who was still enjoying the party until they saw Layla fumble and cry out as she rammed her body out the front doors into the below freezing temperatures but Layla kept running faster and faster as much as her stamina could manage to push it’s limits to take her further away from the hell she thought she was in. 

 

Kikwang’s POV 

Yoseob shoved me hard out of his way to run after Layla crying out her name as he rushed down the hall to catch her.

I stared at the floor where she stood seconds ago and saw the picture frame shattered into pieces leaving a photo out of its place. I walked closer to the frame and held up the photo of Yoseob and Layla what looked like it was during this past Christmas kissing under the mistletoe and I could not help but cry with him.

________________________________________________♥

comments?