Not Giving IN

A New Sign of Love

Whoo 2 chapters even though its morning now but I did it!!

enjoy:)..and HELLO NEW SUBBIES!!!

_________________________________________________________♥

Kikwang's POV

After workout I was planning to go back to the dorm but I wanted to check on Layla first. I felt the need to be there for her especially for how everything turned out last night because of me I wanted to at least apologize.

It was early in the morning. When I knocked on the door I was almost certain no one would answer because they might be asleep but then I heard the door knob turn and I felt my chest clench with excitement. 

“Ki...Kikwang?” Kieu rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes. 

“Hey Kieu I’m sorry I woke you up I just...I wanted to talk...to Layla about what happened”

She looked at me still squinting and half asleep “I-I dont know Kikwang she’s pretty upset I dont think she wants to talk at all right now”

“Please I just want to apologize nothing more” I begged. I have a good sense she's just as messed up as Yoseob is I need to at least take responsibility for the pain I caused.

Kieu grimaced contemplating on whether she would let me in which she ended up granting and I immediately thanked her with a hug hearing her gasp a little in surprise. Their dorm felt so warm from sleeping all night and as I approached Layla’s room I got nervous. I softly pressed on the door letting it swing open on its own seeing Layla bundled under the covers. I slowly walked over the side she was facing and sat on the bed. She looked so comfortable I felt guilty for having to wake her. I brushed some hair away from her face and nudged her shoulder.

“Layla” I whispered but she didnt move.

I poked her this time in different spots of her arm while continuing to whisper her name and finally she budged opening her eyes a little to find me smiling at her. She jerked at little in surprise to see me sitting close by.

“Annnyeo~ng!!” I softly cooed while waving [A/N: idk why but I have spelt this so many ways throughout the story-_- forgive me]

“Kikwang? what are you doing here?” she asked in a whispered tone “Are you ok is there anything wrong?”

I chuckled “Shouldn't I be asking you that?”

“What are you talking about?...I’m perfect can’t you tell” she said with a bit of sarcasm as she swiveled her body under the covers to face me more comfortably while repositioning her head on her pillow.

“What did you come here for?”

“I came to apologize to you”

Her eyebrows furrowed “What are you apologizing for?”

I sighed “For what happened...last tonight...how you found out..”

Layla shook her head “YOU have nothing to apologize for”

Then I shook my head “It was my fault...Yoseob wanted to tell you he just didn't know how-”

“Kikwang..” she propped herself up in the bed and looked me straight in the eyes. She looked pale. The only color that appeared on her face was the redness that surrounded her eyes I assume was from crying. She tired to give me a genuine smile “...I appreciate you coming all the way down here at this hour because you were concerned but I really dont want to talk about it”

I nodded not probing any further. 

“..but dont feel responsible for how things turned out its bad news no matter how its told so dont worry” 

“But it was on his birthday..” I told her disappointed in myself.

She shrugged “Then I guess you only need to be apologizing to him more than me”

“He doesn't want to talk to me”

“I’m sorry Kikwang I dont know what to say except he’ll forgive you with time” she placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled.

“Will you forgive him?”

“I...” she looked up and hesitated. Once she felt ready she looked back at me “..I dont know...I hope so..” Her eyes welled up and tears formed at the corner of her eyes. She didnt make any sounds or respond by crying along with her tears but just let them trickle down her face landing on her hands that propped herself up. I pulled a tissue from her desk and handed it to her to wipe her tears but they kept falling.

“I-I’m sorry” she looked away, sitting up to hug her knees and covered her face in her arms to let out soft sobs. I felt so bad to see her in so much pain. I moved closer onto her bed to wrap my arms around her huddled form. Layla leaned into me, letting me hug her while she continued to cry in my arms.

“I’m sorry Layla” I caressed her arms hoping to relax her as I’m sure she hasn't gotten any sleep. Layla backed out of my hold and wiped her face.

“It hurts to cry...literally my eyes are stinging!!” She chuckled. I only half smiled.

“Stop apologizing you did nothing wrong ok?” 

“I guess..”

She then hugged me “Thank you for coming”

I hugged her back “Your my friend..I’d do anything for you”

“I’m holding you to that” she joked

I smiled “Go ahead I mean every word” 

--------------

When I made it back home I saw Yoseob putting on his shoes with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

“Who are those for?”

“Who do you think?” he snapped back.

“Yoseob I’m really sor-”

“Save it I dont want to hear your apology until Layla decides to talk to me” he passed me by to leave and closed the door behind him.

Layla tells me not to apologize while Yoseob wont accept mine until Layla accepts his. I sighed.“Yah it will take a long time”

 

[2 Weeks Later]

Kieu’s POV

Its been a short time but has felt like the longest 2 weeks since everything went down. Yoseob has kept promise by coming everyday hoping for the slightest word or glance from Layla. She would come home from work or school and find him at the door waiting for her and if he’s not waiting there he’ll quickly stroll by her work on his breaks to bring her lunch or have gifts delivered when he cant make it but I respect him for not giving up and to my surprise Layla hasn't responded to any of his attempts to talk to her but has kept all gifts and letters from him, unopened but safely put away in the corner of her room. Usually a girl would trash everything but she has kept them all. Besides that Layla still wants nothing to do with him. She’s still upset over the whole thing and wont give him a chance to speak but he’ll still come. Even if its for a small time or in the latest hour of the night he’ll come by, knock on the door and of course I would answer and give him the same reply until a few days ago he decided to fight against me by letting himself in and went straight for her room. 

Her door was closed because she likes to study in peace and before I could stop him he knocked on the door and opened it without waiting for her permission. Layla turned around in shock to find Yoseob in her room.

 

[3 days ago]

Yoseob’s POV

“How much longer?!” I asked impatiently.

Layla sighed putting her glasses and pencil down. “I dont know”

“What does that mean?”

“It means I dont know”

“Well I want the chance to explain what happened since I now have your attention!”

“Theres nothing to explain. You got drunk and slept with another girl. Did I miss any details other than that?”

“I know it sounds awful but I thought it was you I was so dazed I dont even remember what happened that night until I woke up in her room!!” 

*!!* I quickly covered my mouth regretting what I just let slip out. I didnt want Layla to know I woke up in the girl’s room let alone . Layla stared at me stunned that I have revealed more information I never wanted her to find out about making my fight for her forgiveness even harder.

“Oh so thats where you were that morning? the morning I woke up in Kikwang’s room because my own boyfriend was so drunk he couldn't even take care of me?!?! the morning I was so worried about you thinking you might've gotten hurt or lost somewhere!!!!” Layla started to cry again. It seems like that’s all I cause her to do seeing as her eyes are so swollen.

“L-Layla I’m so sorry!!” I went in to hug her but she pulled away from me.

“Get away from me Yoseob” It felt like an even deeper hole was punched through my chest.

“Layla. I would never hurt you like that I know I did something horribly stupid! If I could I wish I could go back in time and erase everything that happened before countdown and give you your first New Year’s kiss and hold you so tight like I want to right now and never let you go because I love you SO much!!”

Layla looks at me and wipes her tears trying hard not to cry out in front of me then buries her face back in her hands.

“How am I supposed to look out you now? you couldn't even control yourself. You left me stranded and alone that night worrying about where the hell you were when you were doing some other chick and were too drunk to realize it wasn't your own GIRLFRIEND!!”

“Yeobo please..” I was on my knees now “..I’ll do anything for you to forgive me just say anything and I”ll do it. I cant stand not being able to hold you, kiss you, or be away from even more now than before...”

“Did you know that I was almost taken advantage of by some other guy?!!” she looked down at me “..Do you know who came to help me?...Kikwang...was that when you left with that girl?” she asked waiting her an answer I honestly didnt know.

“I-I dont remember”  Layla bit down on her lips while grabbing a tissue to wipe her face.

“Get up Yoseob” I listened.

“I wish I could tell you to do something so that I could forgive you and have our relationship go back to how happy we were but..” she looked down at her hands “...I cant think of anything that could make me forgive you right now I...I dont even want you around to be honest”

“No please dont give up on me because I’m never going to give up on you I will try every single day to show you how much I care and love you and will never leave your side please!!!” now I started to cry, wiping my eyes quickly to stay strong but it was so hard. The girl I love so much, the girl I cant stand be away from doesn't even want to look at me.

“Yoseob” she wont even call me by my nickname. I dont expect her too but hearing her call me by my name made it seem she was even further away from me.

She sniffed and was now able to look at me. Hopefully it was because she saw how weak I am without her in my life. How much I want no need her in my life.

“I...need more time to think” she walked to her dresser and came back to me “You can have this back for now” she held out a balled fist to me, face down waiting for me to grab something from her hand. As soon as my cupped hand hovered below hers she released her necklace into my hand.

I looked down at my hand feeling like my heart that was held safely in her arms was now given back to me.

I looked up at her. She showed no reaction to me expect for the tears that fell down her face. I took that as a possible chance of winning her back. 

“I’m not giving up...remember that” she didnt say anything and just watched me turn away and walk out of the dorm collapsing on the floor outside feeling so lifeless and defeated.

 

Kieu’s POV

That was a bad night. Once Yoseob left Layla collapsed on the floor and cried her eyes out. I had to help her into bed otherwise she would've stayed there. I was going to keep her company but she told me she wanted to be alone as she cried herself to sleep.

But Yoseob would still come despite that day.

[Present day]

-KNOCK KNOCK-

I sighed. That’s him. I looked at the clock and noticed he came a little earlier than usual. It’s morning. He has come by so much I’ve already synchronized his schedule since he’s on that new show he doesn't come until the afternoon or at night and he has also figured out Layla’s schedule and knows she’s always at work. It was strange but I still answered ready to give him the same reply feeling bad for rejecting him as if I’m his girlfriend. 

I opened the door “Yoseob she doesn't-”

“Hi Kieu!”

“Oh Kikwang!...hey...what are you doing here?”

“I came to see Layla since I haven't seen her in a long time” he smiled cheerfully.

“Oh I see..well I’m sorry Kikwang she’s at work right now and probably wont be back till....actually I’m not sure when, she comes home even later now”

He his head to the side curiously “How come?”

I sighed “Yoseob comes here almost everyday knowing when she’ll be home and in attempt to avoid him...still....she comes home at a later time”

“That’s dangerous!”

I nodded in agreement.

“How...how is she?”

“Honestly not good...I’m afraid for her health manly”

“Why..is she okay?” he seemed more worried than usual 

“She doesn't get a lot of sleep, she’s always sad and the worse part she hardly eats”

“Chincha?!! She doesn't eat?!?!” Kikwang yelled in shock.

I nodded a second time “She’s lost a lot of weight too! I’ve tried everything but Layla doesn't listen to me”

Kikwang looked at me worryingly

“How’s Yoseob?” 

He grimaced “He’s a wreck all the things you said about Layla he does too except the guys force him to eat! thats why I came down because I was concerned about her..” 

Kikwang rubbed his face seeming even more scared now that I have told him how she has been but it made me curious as to why he was so worried about Layla when his best friend is in the same situation.

“Why are you so worried about her Kikwang?”

He looked surprised by my question “She’s my friend....I want to make sure she’s okay just like you”

I suppose he’s right to feel that way about her but I cant help but feel like he cares more about her than he makes it seem.

“Dont worry I’ll do something to help her” He reassured me and quickly walked towards the stairs.

“W-Wait what are you going to do??” I yelled over to him but he was already to far to hear me. I hope what he does really helps her because I would hate for things to get even more worse than they already are.

 

Your POV

I was working in the playroom today having fun with the kids drawing, building and reading them stories. Their happy faces made me smile which really helped me feel a little better than I have been lately. They've been able to take my mind off everything except their hyper selves running around and pulling me every direction. 

While some of the kids sat down to watch a movie me and another young boy named Jun played with toy cars and raced them down the table.

“YAY!!! I beat you again Noona!!!” he cheered while going to retrieve are cars that fell off.

“You sure did Jun!! Your so good at this I’m sorry I have no special skills like you!!”

He shook his head “Of course you do!!”

“I do? whats that?!” I asked playfully.

“You make us happy when you play with us...at least you make me happy!!” Jun quickly looked away as I smiled at him.

“Jun your so sweet!!”

He shyly smiled “Noona why have you been so sad?”

My chest clenched “W-What do you mean?”

“You smile but to me it still looks like your sad”

I sighed *I guess I’m never good at hiding my feelings am I?* I thought to myself

“I’m sorry Jun but I’m happy araso? see!!” I gave him a big smile 

He nodded “Ok noona but make sure you keep that smile forever ok because girls are pretty when they smile”

*AW* Even if it was by a 7 year old boy he made me feel so beautiful. I wanted to kiss his cheek but I knew I would've freaked him out.

“Thank you Junnie!”

He smiled then handed me my car to race him again.

“Layla?” I turned to the door where my supervisor stood looking for me.

“Ne? I’m right here” I waved.

“Oh um you have a visitor!”

I nodded “Jun why dont you go watch the movie while I’m gone ok?”

He looked at the TV then back to me “OK noona!!” he started to run off but then stopped to turn back to me “Noona dont forget!!” he pointed to his face where a toothy smiled appeared and instantly brought a smile to my face. I couldn't help but feel that was a sign from God telling me to stay strong even though I felt so weak.

I stepped out the playroom and walked down the hall.

“Your so good with kids!” I quickly turned around to see Kikwang.

“You..your my visitor?”

He smirked then nodded. “Let’s go”

I looked at me weirdly “Go where?”

“Don't ask questions just get your stuff so we can leave”

“What are you talking about? I can’t just leave work so suddenly!”

“Why not just ask for the day off”

“It doesn't work like that Kikwang and plus I dont even know where we’re going?”

He sighed and crossed his arms “Well first were getting your skinny something to eat and then I’m going to take you somewhere..” he smiled “..so let’s go” then pulled on my wrist.

“Wait I cant just leave work..”

“It’s ok..” Me and Kikwang looked behind the wall where my supervisor was hiding eavesdropping on our conversation.

“You need a break your not the happy Layla I know and if wherever you plan to go helps I’m ok with it” she smiled warmly placing her hand on my shoulder to let me know she was concerned about me.

“Are you sur-”

“Kamsahamnida!!” Kikwang quickly thanked her and smiled making her blush a little then stepped aside for us to leave.

“Wait Kikwang. WAIT..” I couldn't stop him from pulling me out the back exit of the building and into his car that was parked by the door making it easy for him to shove me inside.

“Ok fine!! geez can I at least change first?!”

He grinned as he was happy with me complying to his plan and escorted me home to change before he took me out for the day.

_________________________________________________________♥

again sry if there are any typos:( have an awesome 4th of july I'll try to update sometime next week!! Sarangae^^