Return

A New Sign of Love

Hey guys you are sooooooo AWESOME for waiting thank you alll so much!! I hated not being able to update Id choose it over studying anyday if it didnt consume my life as much as it did but anywho I UPDATED!!! yay

_____________________________________________________♥

I stood in front of the door realizing then I was back at the house just thinking about what just happened. My body thought that running away would help me escape my nerves but it only intensified them when the thought of telling Kieu what happened might put me into a deeper whole of regret. Why didn't I stay to see him? thats the only reason I came back. To be with him and yet I didn't stick around for my only opportunity to see him.

I reached for the handle and went straight to my room only to run into Kieu right before I was able to sneak inside. 

“OH..you’re back? I thought for sure he would keep you the rest of the night!” she eyed me jokingly.

I barely glanced at her and shook my head.

Her expression dropped “What happened?”

Saying quiet for a bit, afraid of how she might react I slightly inhaled then answered “I...I didn't see him?”

Her eyes widened “What? he wasn't there?”

I shook my head again “He was but..”

“But?!?” she probed me further

I looked at her apologetically “but..I left”

It took her a moment before her expression turned angry “YOU LEFT?!?!!”

“y-yah I did. I panicked I didn't know what to do if he saw me? I wasn't sure what he would think or how I’d react so I just ran”

“YOU RAN AWAY?!?”

I winced and nodded.

She stared at me in horror “Your such an idiot!!! how do you expect to find out how he feels if you run away!!!”

I kept quiet

“What the hell Layla?!? you planned this whole trip just so you could hide?..” she looked at me as if waiting for answer but continued a second later “I really don't understand what your so afraid of but if you keep doing this you wont get him back and for sure he will find someone else”

She walked out of my room slamming the door behind her.

Still standing where I was when she was talking to me I feel more like then I already was. She didn't have to be so harsh and say there would be possibility of him finding someone new although that had been a thought floating in my head but thats the last thing I want to worry about. What I need is some sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

----------------

I woke up early enough before Kieu would, that way I wouldn't have to face her. I decided today would be a day for myself to clear my head and figure out what I really came here for. It was for Yoseob. I wanted him back and I needed him back in my life. So much has happened these past years its given me little confidence in myself that I desperately need. I think the reason I ran away was because I didn't want him to see me so weak. I want to be the strong and fun girl he first met. I need to be that girl again.

The weather was surprisingly nice. It was a bit cloudy but sunny enough for a nice day to explore. I went to a nearby riverbank and just watched the water move with the gentle breeze of the wind. This reminded me of the journey I took on christmas 3 years ago. That was a christmas I’ll never forget it was amazing how I met his family at random. It got me wondering what it would be like if I was ever able to actually be apart of his family. I would have a mother again. 

Before a tear fell thinking about my own mom I felt water splash against my cheek. I wiped the water off with my sleeve and immediately looked up. Dark clouds were forming above me and the more I stood there looking up the more water kept hitting me in the face. I had no umbrella nor a jacket to protect me. Today was not as perfect as I thought.

I quickly got up and ran towards the inner city hoping to find some shelter or at least an umbrella I could buy so I could walk back to the house. I went into the first store I saw and attempted to run inside as soon as I could but failed when I ran into a woman causing her to drop a bag of groceries from her hand.

“OH mianhe!” I quickly bent down to pick up the bag unaware of who she was until I handed it back for her to grab.

“Ah Kamsahmnida!” she gave be a sweet smile which surprised me since I thought she might scold me for almost knocking her down. Umma was too sweet to mind.

“Umma?....do you remember me?”

She stared at me weirdly wondering why this random girl was referring to her as her mother.

I giggled “Its me....Layla?” I said doubtfully. Its been 3 years of no contact what do you expect for her to remember you??

Right before I was about to wave it off and leave her she brought her hand to my cheek and examined my face.

“Omo its you” she wrapped her little arm around my neck and tugged me lower to hug me. “I almost didn't recognize you I needed to refer to the mental picture I have of you from that christmas!!” she pulled back to look at me “you've grown so much!” she said excitingly though looking down at myself I felt I looked the same. 

She kept her eyes on me for a bit then grabbed her cart of more food behind her and signaled me to follow.

“I cant believe I ran into you like this, tonight is going to be even better!!” she cheered

I smiled then wondered “What’s happening tonight?” 

She didn't answer but quickly forgot about my question when I was her walking to her car. 

It was a huge pearly white SUV which seemed to outshine all of the other parked cars in the lot under the drizzlingly rain.

I helped her load the car the mass amount of groceries as fast as we could hustle and jumped into the car before we were fully drenched. We laughed together as we dried ourselves with some spare towels she had packed in the backseat.

“Umma your car is so..”

“Not me!” she answered though that wasn't the word I was searching for.

She smirked “Yoseob bought it for me thinking it might be more useful and safer to drive in though I feel it does not suit me at all” she said while awkwardly trying to adjust her to the steering wheel.

“Yah I don't see how safe I’ll be with such an expensive car..” she eyed the interior checking to make sure everything was okay “...I think I’m more of a threat to this car I’m always afraid I might break something” she joked laughing humorously while I giggled at her cuteness.

Once she got comfortable she started the car and turned to me “So where am I taking you?”

“Well I was thinking about staying at a hotel for the night down the way-”

“Nonsense your not going to pay for a hotel when you can obviously stay with me I always have room for you”

I smiled truly appreciating her gesture but I didn't want to impose like this as if her house was my own “Kamsahmnida Umma but I think it will be better if I-”

“Your staying with me araso.” she retorted in the motherly tone. She looked at me from the corner of her eye ready to punish me if I were to refuse her again.

“Ne.” I answered quickly

Her expression turned to a sweet smile “Thats my girl”

Driving out of the lot she made her way back to her house I was honestly excited to spend time with her again. That bond I made her that first day has stayed with me even now.

I looked in the back seat at all the groceries “Whats all this food for umma? you expecting anyone?”

“AHH! I cant believe I forgot to even mention him...Yoseob is coming down to spend time with us..” she gasped “OMO!! he’s going to be so thrilled to see you ooo its like your my homecoming gift to him!!”

"Y-Yoseob will be there??'

She nooded excitedly while I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach

 

Yoseob’s POV

“Thank you for the hard work!! Have a good break!!”

We all said our goodbyes after ending our last performance heading into a week of break before we go back into work. I am so happy for this break I just want to get away from the busy schedules and be around my family being somewhere quiet and less hectic. But its those quiet times I think of Layla the most.

I miss her to death I literally could not sleep or eat for a while until the members and our fans began to worry about me. Just having her gone took the happy side of me away, its with her. I feel I genuinely smile if Im only by her side. 3 years. I’ve been waiting 3 years for her and I will continue to wait till I have her in my arms again. I am never going to let her go and she will never be out of my sight for as long as I live. The day she comes back I will make sure that happens.

I finally make it home. Its about 8 at night and Im dying to taste my moms homemade dinner. I’m ready to stuff my face and sleep for days.

-KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK-

“Umma open uu~up!” I quietly whine to myself. Why does it rain today of all days.

I hear the rustle of the door knob turn and bringing my attention back to the door.

“AHHHHHA Yoseobie!!!” my mom pulls on my neck to hug me tight. I let go of my bags to hug her back until she finally lets go to hold my face in her hands.

“You look pale and you are too skinny get in here quick the food is almost ready!!”

I quickly grab my bags and walk inside smelling the aroma of the food waft in from the kitchen “mmm is it my favorite??”

“Of course nothing less!”

“YESSSS!!” I fist pump into the air making my mom laugh.

“Oh and we have someone joining us tonight I hope you don't mind the company”

I shook my head “No I don't mind....who’s joining us??” 

My mom stops me from walking into the kitchen and puts her finger over .

“Sweetie would you come help me with something??”

“Of course Umma! I’m coming!!”

My heart dropped. I would know that voice anywhere yet I couldn't believe it. Just a few days ago I thought maybe Kikwang was seeing things but....is she really here? and before I could question any further...

 

Your POV

Umma walked away from the kitchen asking me to continue stirring while she went to check on something. I was a little hesitant at first since I haven't touched a stove in a good while but I tired my best to cook well while she was gone.

And then my mind wandered onto Yoseob. When was he coming? Will he make it in time for dinner? what will he do when he sees me? 

So many questions continued to flood my mind until I burned myself with the soup that was overcooking itself.

“Ouch!!!” I nursed my hand with the kiss.

“Sweetie could you come help me with something?!” I glared at the stove for hurting me before hurrying to help her with something else.

“Of course Umma! I’m coming!!”

I walked out of the kitchen and hurried to the living room where I heard her call me finding Yoseob standing a few steps away staring blankly at my stiff figure. 

My stomach felt hollow and my heart began to palpitate I couldnt catch my breathe. Yoseob’s eyes were piercing me I couldn't take mine off him. I wanted to cry but before I could..

“Umma....Who...who’s that?” he pointed to me his eyes still locked on me while he waited for his mom to confirm what he thought he saw.

Umma smiled sweetly. “Its exactly who you think it is”

I then walked towards him while he straightened his posture unsure about what to do until I spoke. “It’s me.....Layla” tears rolled down my face, smiling at his shocked expression.

Yoseob’s eyes softened as his face turned red while his eyes began to water and not having to convince him any further he yanked me into his chest, nestled his head at the curve of my neck and squeezed me so tight I knew I was home. 

“Your back” he lightly whispered sensing a break in his voice

I nodded unable to say anything further as speaking would lead me to blubber any words I could manage. 

I glanced at his mom who was crying with us. I had him back and I felt whole again.

_____________________________________________________♥

Sorry it was a bit of a shorty but I will UPDATE SOON!!!

Done with summer school

ahhh relief!!

Photobucket