Next Step

A New Sign of Love

"KAWAI"

______________________________________♥

Yoseob’s POV

“Y-Yeeeobooo..” I whispered and there was no answer.

I looked down at my chest to see her resting peacefully beside me. She looked so exhausted. Layla poured everything out last night. Everything about me and the whole situation. She said she wanted to forget it all and that none of it mattered anymore. She believed me. Layla knew it was a pure mistake and that I would never in my life hurt her. I was so elated. I was finally forgiven after so long I had my Layla back but in pieces. She is weaker now. Having to deal with so much pain it even hurt me physically. I felt the need to hold her tighter in order to be her strength through this tragedy. Layla’s mother is dying and there is no way in changing that. My next concern is that would Layla be leaving now? If I were in her position I surely would even though I’d experience greater pain to know I was leaving another part of me behind in the tracks. But this decision is not mine but for her to chose and I will support no matter what she decides to do next. I will try my hardest to keep that promise for Layla’s sake.

Its morning now. I said I would “never leave her” but Beast had a schedule to go to so I carefully slipped out of the bed and gently placed her comfortably under a fluffy pillow as if it were still my body she was sleeping on. I smiled. Admiring at how rested she looked and just in case if it was needed so she knew where I was I left a small note on her desk. I labeled it with her name so that when she wakes it calls her to open it.

“I’ll be back my love” I gently whispered before closing her door and leaving their dorm where I will soon return to with a surprise awaiting her.

 

Kieu’s POV

I woke up with sore eyes from balling my eyes out all last night before Yoseob came. I was in complete shock to see him come. It was like an angel was beckoned for Layla’s rescue. He was able to fill the void in Layla’s heart that had been damaged for the past couple of months. She’s really been through some tough hurdles. Being away from her family, her and Yoseob’s strong yet complicated relationship and now her mother. I would be dead on the floor by now.

I rub the sleepiness and dried tears from my face and make my way to the living room where I find Layla already up and dressed, preparing a little breakfast for herself. She was eating. That was a sight for sore eyes.

“Good Morning!” I say sweetly approaching her from behind to give her a comforting hug. She responds by wrapping her arms under mine.

“How did you sleep?” I ask a little concerned

“Better than I have been the past couple of nights...” I assume she was referring to Yoseob appearing before her last night “...but I’m still scared”

Layla then slipped out of my arms to grab her purse that was in her room than came back to put her shoes on.

“Are you going somewhere?”

She nods then gets up to head for the door.

“Hey wait where are you going?!” I grab her by the wrist to stop her from leaving. 

“I’ll be back I need to take care of some things I wont be too long” she smiled trying to reassure me but I was well aware of her genuine smiles and this was not one of them. This one meant something else and from past experience I know she’s hiding something.

 

Yoseob’s POV

They all gapped at me from spilling out all that had happened last night. They were so shocked no one could say a word while Kikwang looked like he was on the verge of crying.

“W-What’s going to happen to her now? What is she going to do?” Hyunseung asked

“I don't know I didn't bother asking”

“Is she gonna go see her mom?” Junhyung then asked the question that has been on my mind all day though I already knew what to expect.

“But wont that mean she’s going to leave?!?” Kikwang wiped his eyes looking at me in fear. I just looked at him and shrugged.

“Its her decision and if it were me I would, and if she does leave I wont stop her, its something I’d prefer her to do than stay here and miss the chance of being with her mother for as long as possible”

Without a word Doojoon hugged me. It took me a while to respond but once I knew he wouldn't let go for a while I started to cry. I wanted to stay strong but something about having someone hug you at your weakest point makes you want to cry your heart out no matter how strong you want to be. Doojoon must of sensed it. I’ve already come to the conclusion that Layla will be leaving. There is no doubt in my mind that says she will stay. I know she wont stay for the end of her year and for good reason. I want her to be with her family even if I have to fly her their myself she needs to go. 

I just got the love of my life back into my arms right when she’s going to leave back home. I’m crying now to get it out of my system because for the next couple of days or for however long it will be until she leaves I make have her last few nights in Seoul memorable ones. With laughter, joy, and love. I will not shed one tear beyond this point in time. Once I leave back to see Layla I will wear the smile that shows her how much I love her and will never stray away from her and how much she means to me.

Once I was able to calm myself down, Doojoon let go and then Dongwoon walked over to hand me a tissue. He stared at me. I looked at him and he smiled.

“I admire you Hyung”

I looked at him questionably “Wae?”

“Because...your strong..” I smiled “..I hope that when I find the love of my life I will be just as strong and loving as you are to Layla”

“Its very admirable” Kikwang interjected

I made me feel that much better that I had the support of my brothers to work through this. I meant so much.

“Kamsahmnida” I thanked them and it stood quiet for a bit until Doojoon interrupted the awkward silence.

“So...what are you gonna do now?”

I smiled “I have a plan..” the boys leaned into listen “...and it starts tonight!”

 

Your POV

After long, stressful, and grueling hours of settling everything I needed to get done I finally made it back to the dorm. It was almost 9 at night. I had told Kieu I wouldn't be long but that was only a lie so that she wouldn't ask any further questions about what I had planned to do today. But once I walk through this door I know I will have to tell her the truth. 

As I was just about to reach for the handle the door flung open. Kieu looked like she was ready to leave but once she saw me she yanked me inside and held me tight hold around her arms.

“You’re leaving” she whispered

“Y-You knew?”

She shook her head “Not until the dorm administrator came to drop off the last papers of you terminating the lease to the dorm” she cried then clutched me tighter.

“I-I’m sorry” 

Kieu cried into my chest making the idea of me leaving even more agonizingly painful then it already was but tears wouldn't fall. My body was finally out of tears for I had quickly come to terms with what I needed to do for the welfare of my family and myself.

“When are you leaving?” she asked weepingly trying to dry her tears while still holding onto me.

“The day after tomorrow...I would've gotten an earlier flight but I need to wait till tomorrow for the withdrawal of the school to be complete and...”

Kieu looked up at me waiting for me to finish “I wanted to spend one more day with everyone”

She nodded understanding me.

I smiled “Your still going to see me when you come back home"

“But its not the same without you here to finish the year together”

“I wish I could but-”

Kieu shook her head “You don't need to use an excuse. you need to go home...” she finally released me “..but what about Yoseob?”

That was something very difficult. I truly wish I could avoid the fact of me leaving him. The bare thought of it makes my body want to overwhelm me with constant pain but I wont let myself. I have made up my mind and for the last few days I am going to have with Yoseob will be the most happiest and memorable ones. I will only have him remembering me leaving with a smile on my face and nothing less.

Kieu followed me to my room to help me pack when I noticed a note on my desk with my name on it.

“Is that from Yoseob?” Kieu asked, folding a pile of clothes I had thrown on the bed from my now empty closet.

I nodded and opened it without a second thought.

Dear Yeobo,

I couldn't bare to wake you up. Your were too beautiful for words to define so wrote you this letter. I will be away but only for a while. I will be coming back for you tonight to show you the surprise I have waiting so you better be ready and look cute though asking that takes no effort from you. You are beautiful even with drool that is coming out of your mouth right now kekeke I’m kidding but be ready ne?!

Saranghae

At first I was embarrassed that he saw me drooling but then realized I had the widest smile on my face. He always makes me smile that was a natural skill of his that takes not efforts on his part to complete.

“What does it say?” she walked over to me

“It was from this morning...he said he has a surprise for me”

-KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK-

Me and Kieu snapped our necks toward the front door and ran over to open it. To my surprise all 6 of them were outside waiting for us.

Yoseob wore that cool and relaxed smile making me knees weak “You know for as long as you have been here we never took you to karaoke?!!”

“I think thats bull! it should've been the first thing on the “Visit to Seoul” list” Junhyung added who was leaning against the door.

“KIWI!!! LILY!! I MISSED YOU!!” Dongwoon s his way through to hug us both. We both giggled and squeezed each other into a tight group hug.

“The ?” Kikwang held onto Yoseob to explain the situation

“Yeeeah he came up with nicknames for them” Kikwang chuckled. He was amused by Yoseob’s defense against Dongwoon’s flirty ways, manly because it was directed towards me.

Doojoon then yanked Dongwoon back by the collar of his jacket “Yah!! she’s taken little one”

Dongwoon pouted then quickly smiled “Kiwi isn't though” and just as he was about to bring her over Junhyung hooked his arm around Kieu.

“Tch! Who says you get dibs?!...”

Kieu blushed unsure about what to do. Junhyung chuckled and began to lead the group down the stairs to leave.

“Ready?” Yoseob held out his hand to me and I gladly took it.

-------------------

~Da da da da dance get your dancing shooooes~

They all got up to dance. Each taking turns to sing the song which was funny because it was Kikwang’s own single yet none of them let him grab the mic. Me and Kieu laughed. They were so crazy I never knew karaoke would be this exciting.

“Yoseob sing a song!!” Junhyung pleaded while everyone agreed

“Yeah sing one for Lil- I mean Layla” Dongwoon was quick in rewording his sentence since he knew Yoseob would scold him later. I shook my head at his jealously.

“Ani...my throat hurts..”

“BWO!! you were singing fine earl- OUCH!!!!” Junhyung glared at Hyunseung who looked away nonchalantly as if he didn't just kick him.

“WAE?!?” Junhyung began rubbing his shin while Hyunseung just shook his head.

“Let him do what he wants we need to preserve his voice anyway”

“YAH!! what about mine?!?”

Hyunseung smacked his lips “Your's is so great you should sing! now go we’ll pick a song for you” 

Junhyung listened not wanting to annoy his hyung any further plus he wanted to try some American songs they had.

Everyone began watching and talking amongst themselves when Yoseob grabbed my hand and had me follow him out the room without a word. The room we were in was on the top floor and had a little balcony at the end of the hall outside. He waked me out onto the ledge and pulled me into his chest and I hugged him back.

 

Yoseob’s POV

Not wanting to waste anymore precious time I decided to bring Layla out to be alone with her. I wanted it to be just us for a while since everyone else was occupied with singing I took that opportunity to steal her away for a bit.

It was dark and I knew that the balcony would be a nice spot to spend with her since the city lights were lit up before us. It was a very romantic and convenient spot to go to. I thank my quick thinking for that.

I hugged her tight making sure I remember every feeling and touch I have with her. I heard her sniff and I briskly moved to see her face. Her eyes were glistening with teary water.

“What’s wrong?”

She hesitated for a bit “I-I have something to tell you”

Here it is. I knew what she was going to say because I kept preparing myself for the worst.

“I’m leaving Seoul” she whispered but I heard her loud and clear. It burned me much more to hear it come out . I swallowed hard to fight back the growing pressure in my chest. 

I sighed “I know”

Her eyes widened “H-How did you know-”

“I just knew” I gave her a warm smile as her eyes started to water. I kissed her forehead, letting me lips linger against her skin before pulling back to meet her eyes again.

“When are you leaving?”

I could tell this was hurting her just as much as it was hurting me but she still managed to wear a smile. She thinks just like me.

“In.....2 days”

Again I didn't let it phase me I promised myself I would be strong and support her no matter what she decided. Her eyes shifted trying to read my expression as her eyes began to water again.

I smiled “Will you spend the day with me tomorrow?”

Layla quickly nodded wiping the last tear from the corner of her eye. She wrapped her arms around to hug me and placed her head to lay on my shoulder.

“If I could I’d spend the rest of my life with you..”

My heart jumped “Can you promise that?”

Layla picked her head up to kiss my lips. “I guarantee it”

She pulled me closer taking in the moment of us being alone and together again. A chair that was hiding in the dark corner of the balcony caught my attention and gave me an idea. I walked over and positioned it in front of the city view and sat down. Layla eyed me when I urged her to come sit on my lap. She looked at my lap and gave me a grossed out expression before looking away from me. She then stuck out her tongue to mess with me and giggled.

I smacked my lips “Get over here!!” I whined grabbing onto her waist and yanking her over to sit on my lap. Layla squirmed a bit trying to get her self comfortable then placed her arm around my shoulder.

“I’m going to miss you seobie” her lips met mine, putting in pressure to deepen the kiss.

“I miss you right now”

She giggled “I’m already here!!”

“Good. then stay here” 

She sighed, giving me a weak smile “You don’t know much I wish that was possible”

I pressed her body nearer to me “I know

______________________________________♥

sorry the chapter is kinda ehh I had a little trouble writting due to personal issues I'll try to write the next chapter as soon as i can