The Resolve

A New Sign of Love

___________________________________________________♥

I woke up to an empty bed. I was not surprised. Rolling over to the opposite side where Yoseob was lying a few hours ago, I positioned myself onto the pillow his head was resting on while wiping the crust that formed from crying last night. I’m sure it was awkward, even though my cries were silent having him hear me cry, with me in his arms was the last thing I wanted be to left with of us together. I let out a big sigh although I’d rather stay in bed I have work to go to. Its fine though I don't want to be stuck in my room thinking about him all day....I guess that would be everyday but being home makes me a little cautious of what might await me if I stay here by myself.

I got dressed and went out to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

‘BEEP BEEP BEEP’

A tense sensation rose in my chest. Who was sending the text?

I grabbed my phone that I had left on my bedside slowly flipping the tab, squinting my eyes while I stared at the screen.

[From: KIEU]

hey you might or might not

be awake but im out doing some

dorm shopping if you need anything 

let me know. see you when you get

home ^~^ 

“oh its just you” I was relieved but little disappointed as well. I wasn't expecting any calls or messages from him today but in all honesty I was hoping it would be from him. I went back to the kitchen, scarfed down my food, put my phone in my back and headed out the door.

--------------------

 

It was 9 pm and as I was coming in back from work Kieu was getting ready to leave.

“Woah where are you going?”

she checked herself in the mirror before looking at me “I uh..have more errands to run but I wont be out too late..”

“What your leaving me by myself...alone”

She smirked at me “Im sure you’ll be FINE I wont take long”

“how long?”

“mmm depends but don’t wait for me if something comes up”

“Like what?” she looked at her phone shoving it back in her purse as if she was late for something.

“Uh I gotta go I’ll...see you later” She gave me a a tight hug “you’ll be okay” whispering into my ear before quickly walking out the door. I sensed her hiding something but I let it go I trusted she wouldnt be long. 

 

or so I thought

It was already 11 and Kieu still hadn't come back yet. As I was about to call her the door bell rang. *thats must be her*

I headed towards the door ready to scold her like a mom I was getting really worried.

“What took you so long to get back I was worr...” when I swooped the door open I saw Yoseob standing with his head down, looking up once he noticed the door opened. I just stood at the doorway staring at him trying to figure out why he was here. 

After a couple of seconds he gave me a small smile hoping it would change my blank expression

“Can I come in?”

“why?”  why should I really? if bringing him in only gives me pain why?

“I-I want..need to talk to you...”

I didn't respond I just looked at him not moving from my stance. No sign of giving in was shown on my face. My guard was up.

To my surprise his pained look had no effect on me either. “..please I need to explain.”

“explain out here”

He looked down again completely defeated. I didn't want to show vulnerability anymore I wanted to be strong for myself. But being so reserved and guarded was not me it wasn't in my nature my emotions were taking over...again.

“Layla..please I promise it will be worth the chance to let me in this time..please” he walked a little closer just looking into my eyes trying to read any sort of acceptance I might grant him. I wanted to hear what he had to say so I finally let him in, only turning around into my living room, sitting down on the couch without saying a word to him.

He slowly walked in closing the door behind him then walking into the living room just standing. This brought back a painful memory I wanted to forget.

“Layla I...” he bit his lip trying to organize the words that were most important to convey at this moment because I was not showing any reaction to his difficulty. 

“I...don't want to be...friends”

*are you kidding me!*

I stood up furious. This is the second time he has come in tearing me apart with his words. “Is that so well then you can just leave...”

“NO! NO! wait...” he waved his hands “t-thats not what I meant!”

“Then what do you mean Yoseob?!” I could see he was getting nervous but he's put me in this position before and let me tell you coming from him it did not feel good and he’ll know the feeling.

“I don't want to be just friends anymore because I-I want to be with you” his words spilled out his mouth hoping they were the right words to choose so that I understood him.

“But that’s what you wanted you decided on your own! you said friends was the only thing we could be!”

“I know I did but I was only worried for you!”

“I get that Yoseob I do but don’t go telling me you only want to be friends....then act as if you want more” I raised my hands to my face trying to calm myself 

“Your making me go through the motions of trying to get over you then you come back at me acting like were together expecting me to respond to your actions in return. It doesn’t work that way for me! it’s either you want to be with me or not I can’t handle the feelings of wanting to be with you and holding back because you don’f feel the same”

“But I do feel the same I was just unsure if it was okay to continue on without causing any danger or scandals towards you but now I know I’m ready..”

“How come all of the sudden you know now even though I was pleading for you to trust that it would be okay but you still fought me...h-how do I know you wont back out again?”

He took a slight step forward and I retreated sitting back on the couch trying to cool down. I looked up and I could feel the ball in my throat start to form from holding back my tears. Its hurting. I swallowed hoping it would go away

“I was awake last night....”

“I know” I barley spoke 

“Even though I heard you cry I didn't want to let go. Letting go would only contradict what I was really feeling. Holding you was the only way I could protect you at that moment even if I was 'asleep'"

I looked at him confused I didn't comprehend what he was saying.

“Like I said I was afraid of what else might come to hurt you only realizing now I was the one giving you the most pain..”

I let out a small whimper trying really hard to hold back as all of the memories came rushing back into my mind.

“Layla..” he walked closer to me “...I really like you a lot and..” coming closer to my face he kneeled down on the floor so that he was at eye level “I want to be with you”

I only covered my mouth. Those words I wanted to hear for so long were now being said directly to me. My guard was completely put down by him. He softly smiled at me wiping the tear off my cheek with his thumb.

 

Yoseob’s POV

“Now that I have revealed my true feelings nothing is holding me back now I promise I will be there for you on your sleepless nights, your confrontations with danger, and give you all of me as long as your mine”

I saw her eyes start to get glossy. I wanted to comfort her but she only looked away from me.

“Ugh!” she got up from the couch and walked to her room closing the door behind her.

I blew it. I didn't know what else I could do to convince her. I got up from the floor to head for the front door when she came back out from her room with a tissue in her hand wiping the tears that fell from her face.

“Are you serious?!”

 

Your POV

God I hate crying this much. I grabbed a tissue and started to dab the wet areas that strolled down my face. I grabbed my door knob and opened my door.

“Are you serious?!” 

he just stared at me “because if your not I....”

“Yes! yes! I am..” he walked towards me ready to grab my hands but I slightly moved them away.

“really? prove it because I’m tired of trying to read you. Im not sure if I should stay away or not”

Before I could move, my back was already against the wall when he got closer to me, cradling my face in his hands and gently pressing his lips to mine deepening it so that I knew how he felt. He kissed me until he felt my body loosen up. I was so tense I couldn't help it. He backed out to read my face. I was having an out of body experience I haven't felt his lips on mine since the park. I forgot how alluring his lips were as they pressed against mine he could literally seduce me with the smallest peck. He smiled, satisfied with my reaction to his kiss. 

“look at my eyes.....do they tell you I want you away from me?”

His dark eyes lured me in as if there was more for me to know aside from what he was already telling me, more than what he could already explain.

“hold on...” he went back to the front door carrying some things back inside. It was another big teddy bear as well as another large bouquet of flowers that he once gave me a while back.

I smiled “were those outside this whole time?”

he nodded “I was hoping to give it to you when you accepted me back”

I giggled walking up to the flowers to smell them “you didn't need to”

“Yes I did! its to say sorry and that these as well as OTHER things will be symbols of my love for you and that hopefully it will bring a smile to your face when you think of me...like right now” 

He pointed at my face and I slightly looked away feeling shy from realizing how I could not stop smiling at him. He walked up to me holding out his arms waiting for my to come in for a hug. We held each other tight as he kissed my forehead before we backed away.

“come on let’s go!” he grabbed my hand

“where?”

He gave me a big smile “on our official first date!” he looked really happy when he said “date”

“but its so late..”

“isn't that how we always do it?!” he had a point 

Yoseob headed towards the front door waiting for me to follow. He cocked his head to the side wondering why I didn't move from my spot.

“Does that mean Im your girlfriend?”

He let out a little laugh before answering “and Im your boyfriend”

Taking advantage I quickly shook my head and his jaw almost dropped from my protest. He started to pout slightly and unintentionally I might add making it hard to keep a straight face. I walked up to him holding his chin up to look at me. It seems as though I sent the wrong message to him as he tried to look away from me but I pulled his face back bringing him closer to mine, my lips landing on his bringing a small surprise to his expression.

I backed out “now your my boyfriend!” he blushed a little, slightly smiling as he pulled my waist to his bringing our lips back together for another kiss.

_____________________________________________________♥