We're better....

A New Sign of Love

IM SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG!!! I got so ridiculously busy with reading for school and other assignments and its only the 2nd week. grrr! I also had a little writer's block but I pulled through to finish hope you guys like it even tho some parts may sound cheesy...least I thought so lol

_______________________________________________________♥

Yoseob’s POV

Its been almost a month since since I spoke to her. Between schedules and practice I've havent been able to contact her but neither has she. It feels like its been a year. My finger keeps wanting to hit the call button but I always stop myself thinking she would never want to talk to me again...and that was the last thing I wanted but what would I say after all the pain I caused her.

“So no call yet?” Junhyung put his head on my shoulder looking into the phone with me.

I sighed. “No....” I flipped the phone closed and we walked back into the practice room.

“Why don’t you call her then?” 

“But what would I say to her?”

“Uhhh you miss her?!”

If it wasn’t already obvious “I don’t know...the way things left off it wasn’t too good I’m not confident she would want to even see me again”

He smacked his lips “Yah she would! you guys became really close friends. its just from the past stuff that....”

I winced not wanting to remember.

“...well yah....it all happened at a bad time I bet she is just as anxious as you are right now....she has to miss you”

I gave him a doubtful look “you think so?”

He nodded. “Yoseob your a good guy...its just your emotions got the best of you and giving her space was the best thing you could do right now but I’m sure she’ll call you soon...”

~Ring ding dong

Ring ding dong

Ring diggi ding diggi~ (shinee!!!!)

It was my phone. We both looked at each other, I was a little apprehensive to check who it could be after what he just said. But it couldn’t be.....

I pulled out my phone looking at the caller ID.

*It’s her!*

“GASP!!” Junhyung gasped really loud in my ear and I just stared at the screen. I felt a gap form in my chest, my mind going completely blank. I just stood their unable to process that she was waiting on the other line. Junhyung punched my shoulder bringing me back to my senses and before I knew it I missed her call. This time I didn’t hesitate. I pressed the call button and waited for the other line to ring.

-brrrrrrr.......brrrrrrr.......brrrrrrr.....-

“.........” she picked up but it was quiet.

“Layla??”

“.....Ne...Yoseob?”

I smiled. Oh how I missed hearing her voice even if it was two words, one being my name.

“Ne its me!....how are you?”

“C-Can I talk to you?”

“We are....” I heard someone speaking to her in the background.

Ok I will just leave it there for me and I’ll get it done soon.....” it was quiet again.

“Yoseob?”

“I’m still here”

“I’m sorry that was my advisor I’m at work right now but....I wanted to talk to you....can we meet later tonight if your not busy?”

I didn’t care I’d cancel my whole schedule for her. I wanted to see her so bad. 

“NE!! where at?”

“Meet me at the cafe around 10, no one will be there I asked the manager already”

“Okay I will be there”

“Ok...see you soon then” she hung up before I could respond. I didn’t mind. She finally talked to me and I couldn’t be more relieved.

I closed me phone, turning around to see Junhyung with big grin on his face. 

“Yaahhhhh!!” we cheered as if we just won an award. I jumped on his back and he ran in circles around the room. After a couple of seconds he got tired and pushed me off.

catching his breath “When...are you...gonna see her?”

“Tonight!...I’m gonna go back home and clean up before I see her tell the kids I’ll be out late”

He gave me a hug before I walked out.

“Yah! Yoseob!!”

“NE!! Junhyung!!”

“Don’t screw up again!!”

I laughed yelling over my shoulder “Ne I’ll do my best! hwating!!”

----------------------------

I walked in the cafe excitedly searching for her. Right away I found her sitting at the table where we first went out together. I waved to her, she only smiled, it looked a little forced.

Hi” she shyly said.

I smiled “Hello” brings back memories.

I sat on the opposite end of table so that I could see her face. She healed beautifully you would never know about the horrible tragedy that occurred a month ago. There was a faint scar on her lip but only if you examined every admiring feature on her face like I was you would see it. She had her hands cupped on the table fidgeting with her fingers. She looked nervous. So was I but I decided to start first.

“I....” she stopped me.

Hesitating a little longer she looked straight into my eyes. 

“Yoseob...I cant handle not being able to talk you or have you around”

I was so happy to hear those words “I can’t either! I miss you a lot!” when I went to hold her hands but she pulled them back placing them on her lap. She looked at me, half-smiling.

“Since we feel the same we will continue being friends right?...because that’s what you want?”

*No I don't want that. I want you to be mine*

I stood quiet for a little she continuing to stare at me. I pulled my hands back and smiled hiding my real feelings.

“....yes” *for her safety I had too*

It almost looked like my response killed her but I couldn’t tell behind her sincere smile.

“then just friends?”

Answering again I nodded. She then got up from her chair coming to my side pulling me up to hug me tightly. I immediately held her tight in my arms how much I’ve missed this feeling I couldn’t remember but it didn't matter she was here in front of me, in my arms and I was so happy. I inhaled, smelling the strawberry scent of her hair hovering over my face. I missed her so much.

She pulled back wiping a small tear from her eye smiling at me.

“I’m happy”

“...me too” not entirely though.

She sat back down in her chair pulling menus from the table. 

“Let’s eat”

I nodded and grabbed the menu

----------------------------------

We stayed for a while talking about what we’ve doing the past weeks. Even though it was just small talk I was in pure bliss having her in front of me, looking at me, hearing her voice, and watching her smile when she caught me staring. I don’t want to be just friends but I’d be selfish if I told her that now. I’ll try for the sake of her happiness as long as she’s around me smiling I can hold out till things get better. 

It was getting late and Layla had school early tomorrow as is my schedule for the week. We waved goodbye and I watched her turn around to walk home in the opposite direction. I need one more thing.

 

Your POV

“Layla?!...”

I turned around. “Yea?” his eyes were so big. He looked at me with an innocent stare luring me back to him.

“Can I have another hug?” he opened his arms for me waiting for my embrace. I honestly wanted to run away. It was hard enough coming to see him today how much more torture am I willing to put myself through?........enough to kill me. I walked straight into his arms holding him so tight I didn’t want to let go. He squeezed his arms around my waist pulling me closer into the hug. I didn’t know how long we held each other but I was too happy to even think. I had my friend back and that was enough for me in this moment.

“I’ll be checking up on you until we can see each other again so make sure you answer your phone ok?!” He wouldn’t let me go until I agreed.

“Yes sir.” he backs out to smile at me.  

“See you later...”

He interjected “Soon....bye Layla!”

“Bye” he let me go to part ways.

 

When I got home I wasn’t even tired. I went straight for the ice cream carton in the freezer. This carton has been sealing my wounds the past couple of weeks and I needed a check up. I took a seat on the stool by our kitchen counter and scooped big chunks savoring each one.

Kieu walks into the kitchen yawning.

“So...how was it?”

I just looked at her. My mouth full of ice cream explained enough.

“Well are you guys better at least?”

I nodded “If friends is what he wants then I’m willing to be that for him....”

“You sure?” 

“...yea....it’ll take time but I feel better now that we’re talking..”

“Ok cause were going to one of their live performances at the end of the month!”

I choked on my ice cream dropping my spoon into the carton. I ran to the sink to cough up the ice cream I couldn’t swallow. Flushing my spit down the drain I turned to look back at Kieu.

“How!....Why?!”

“I got tickets!”

“From where?!”

“Kikwang!..” she smiled “....at the park I told him that I always wanted to see them perform live and so he promised to get us tickets to their next show!” she opened a drawer from the counter pulling out an envelope with the tickets inside.

“But....dont we have finals?”

She shook her head “I checked the date of the performance and it is right after we end our semester exams going into break!!!” she squealed “I can’t wait!”

“I wish you told me sooner”

“well you werent exactly in the Beast mood the past weeks so I had no choice but it shouldnt be awkward or anything now that you can hang out again...”

“I guess...”

She cleaned up the mess from the counter throwing away the empty carton then pushing me into my room.

“You should get some sleep you look awful!”

I gave her a dirty look “Would you like me to show the boys pictures of your lovely face in the morning?”

She was insulted. She stuck her tongue at me and walked back to her room closing the door. She can be a pain sometimes but we usually get over our tiffs the next day so I didn’t bother apologizing. I had other things on my mind.

I changed into my pajamas and when looking in my closet I saw the Hello Kitty Yoseob won for me at the park, stuffed in the darkest corner of my closet. I couldn’t look at it for days but tonight I decided to pull it out so I can cuddle with something nice tonight. I’m just digging myself into a deeper whole. I got in my bed bringing the covers over me and my kitty then positioned myself into a comfy spot. I turned off the lights and laid wide awake in the dark. I tried counting sheep hoping it would ease me to sleep when my phone went off.

-BEEP BEEP BEEP-

My heart dropped a little, already assuming who it might be. I flipped my phone open.

Goodnite Layla<3

I looked at the screen thinking of how to go about my feelings for him. I asked him out tonight so that I can clear up what he wants to happen between us. And if I’m gonna get over him I have to change the way I act around him. I don’t think I can handle hugging him again without enduring the pain of wanting more. This is the best way to get us back to normal....as friends. Punching buttons I press send, then turned off my phone for the night. I need to be strong but snuggling up to my kitty I realize I’m not strong at all.

 

Yoseob’s POV

-[twinkling sound goes off]-

Nite Buddy!

Looking at the text I feel a new atmosphere between us, more distant but I’ll give it a try anything to be around her again. I closed my phone resting my head onto the pillow thinking of her as I fall asleep.

______________________________________________________♥

Thank you to my subbies new ch. coming soon promise^.^