Chapter 8

Nappies....and Jiyong.

I woke up to see his hands gripping mine, his head slouched on the side of my bed, and his hair covering his face. Sleeping. Kwon Jiyong was a mess, but I suppose I didn't look any better. According to the nurse, I'd been sedated heavily for eight hours, which explained why I was attatched to a drip and my legs felt like punching bags. There was bruising on my arms. Did I fall that badly?

Then it all came back to me...The ambulance, the reporters, the paparazzi, and GD with me the whole time. I kept drifting in and out of conciousness through the ordeal, if I remebered correctly. And the pain...

The pain...it was gone.

My heartbeat quickened. The baby-

The Doctor walked into my ward at that very moment.

It was Doctor Kim. She worked on the other side of Seoul, why was she here?

"Amber, nice to see you awake. You took a nasty fall yesterday"

"Umm...If you don't mind me asking, why are you in this hospital? I thought-"

"I was requested...especially for you" She gestured to Jiyong, who was still sleeping in the chair next to my bed.

"He also demanded the biggest ward for you. I never knew you had aquaintances...in high places, Amber"

I held Ji's hand tighter.

"Is the baby...okay...?" I placed my hand on my bump.

She smiled at me, but her body language was stiff.

"...These sort of things often cause..complications, dear. We came very close to losing the child, but the baby is in a stable condition at the moment....you are very lucky, but please be careful in the future..."

I smiled, but inside, I felt tears welling up again. I couldn't help feeling that it was all my fault, yet a blanket of relief settled on my shoulders.

***

I was sitting in the same position with a tray of bland hospital food on my lap, when Ji began to stir. I sat back and watched him. His hand was still encased in mine. He brushed the sleep out of his eyes and let go of me, still dazed by where he was.

"Hey sleeping beauty"

I knew, and he knew that Kwon Jiyong was NOT a morning person.

His eyes were bloodshot.

"Good Morning ramen addict"

When it came to wearing a mask, GD was normally the best. He could convince people that he was happy when he was having a hard time. He could pretend that he actually cared about what you were saying to him, when really his mind would be elsewhere. He could act harsh, even if he admired you. But right then, as he tried to be funny, I could see right through him. I could see the way there his body language was slow and weak. I could see his charisma become non-existent. I could see that the bright spark in his eyes, had been replaced with a dull mellowness.

I realized that last night had really scared the crap out of him. 

He had red marks on his wrists.

"...Did I, scratch you?"

"This? Oh, its nothing. I'm just glad that you're ok, Amber"

He flicked the fringe out of my eyes, the way he always did.

Ji tilted my head under his neck when I bursted into tears.

He placed his hand on top of mine and touched my bump.

Some force kicked me on the interior.

"Did the baby just-"

"Kick?"

GD knelt down before me, and placed his ear against my bare skin. He started talking to the baby.

"Hang in there little guy, take care of mommy"

Then it occured to me. In retrospect, I guess I would always be the biological mother of the child. I'd be sharing DNA with another person. There would be another part of me, even if I didn't have custody.

I'd always thought of the baby being a distant organism growing inside me, for my sisters sake. Really, I was bringing life into the world. (I guess that at that realization, a maternal part of me started kicking in. A sense of protectiveness that I would never let go of).

Whilst Jiyong was busy poking my stomach and making gargling noises, Seungri happened to stroll into the room. He carried a large boquet of flowers and stopped at the sight of us. I wished I looked half decent in his company, but I had no choice but to go with the flow.

V.I Took one look at Jiyong cooing over my abdomen, and pulled a face.

"Is it an inconvenient time?"

Ji stood straight up. He went bright red.

"Dongsaeng, don't you knock?" Jiyong suddenly became Kwon Leader.

"I thought you guys saw me!" He turned to me. "Amber, you're OK, right? I was worried sick"

He leant in a bit, kissed me on the cheek and gave me the flowers.

I could see Ji getting internally enraged in the corner.

"Thanks Seungri. I'm OK now. I didn't cause much damage, did I?"

"Well it was filmed on live TV, but, I think you have the sympathy vote"

My face dropped. Both Jiyong and I spoke at the same time.

"FILMED ON LIVE TV?!"

Seungri stood back.

"Woah guys, its not a biggie"

"It is when you have an army of fangirls running after you" JI piped up.

Then I remembered him screaming my name, the panic on his face. Then him holding my hand and carrying me to the ambulance. Then he stayed with me all the way to the hospital.

In other words our behaviour looked really suspicious...

"Well, I'm on the run, so I'll be going"

He swiftly exited the room.

I the television. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this.

Wait, I just saw Seungri's face on a LIVE channel.

Jiyong did a double take.

"Didn't he just leave five minutes ago?"

I nodded.

He was coming out of the hospital that we were in at that very moment. There must have been reporters filming him.They were asking him questions.

Seungri loved attention.

"So did you just go and see Amber Hazel?"

They knew my name?

"Yes she was, she's improving" VI. replied.

"Was Kwon Jiyong with her?" the reporter looked thirsty for information.

"Yes, he stayed overnight at the hospital"

I looked at Jiyong. "Why is he telling them this?"

He looked confused. "Because he's air headed, that's why"

The clip stopped and a newswoman appeared on the screen. The words that came out of shocked the hell out of me.

"So, after being pictured kissing the American choreographer, it seems that Kwon Jiyong, also known as G-Dragon, leader of BIGBANG, has got her pregnant. The two have been photographed constantly at bars, hotels and restaurants and it is obvious that they have been dating. Yet, this news is unexpected, however after Jiyong's reaction to her fall at Music Bank yesterday, it is evident that something is going on. The reactions to this scandal have been mixed..."

She was talking a load of rubbish, but I knew that everyone would believe it.