Chapter 7

Nappies....and Jiyong.

To be perfectly honest, my older sister was really beginning to irritate me.

'Dont wear heels'

'Don't eat that'

'Stay home, Amber'

Of course I didn't let it show, but the more she ordered me around, the more I wanted to snap back. The only other option was to smile and nod, and remember that the baby was most important. The maternity unit at the hospital had become my second home. Dread consumed me as weeks passed, and I found myself having to wear elasticated jeans, to accompany the huge bump.

Feeling 'heavy' was an understatement. My whole body felt like it could capsize at any moment, and my back killed from the extra weight. My s ached like crazy. God, I felt so ridiculous. Having a baby....pffftt...it felt like I was carrying an elephant. The less time I spent at home, the closer I became to Jiyong. Only god knows how on earth he made time for me, since his schedule was hella hectic.

In spite of my obvious pregnancy, YG did not lift a finger on my workload, so I really was not suprised when he handed me a bag of stuff to take to GD one morning. Since my last meeting with Yang Suk, he'd barely spoken to me, but he was still suspicious. I checked the dance studio. No GD. I looked in the prep rooms. No GD. Had the guy gone home?

I immediately felt stupid when I realized that I hadn't looked in the recording studio. Of course he'd be in there.

I stopped in my tracks when I came close to the door. There was some deep conversation going on.

"So, has she had ?"

I could hear Seungri clearly.

"Shut up Seungri"-that was Jiyong.

"How would Jiyong know anyway? IVF does exist, you know.You ask such stupid questions"-TOP was there too.

"Well she did stay at his house the other night. Don't tell me you didn't do anything"

"Aish. Don't you think before you speak? Why would I sleep with a woman who is already pregnant?"

"...But damn, she's hot"

Even from behind the door, I could sense GD glaring at the maknae.

At that moment, I decided to leave. No way was I entering that room. They were talking about me. Cringe.

"Oh. Hey Amber"

Just as I began to move, Choi Seunghyun swung the door open. He didn't look suprised in the slightest.

He just smiled at me expectantly, as though they hadn't just been discussing me. I wanted to go and hide under a rock.

Jiyong sidestepped past his hyung and took the bag from me. He gritted his teeth, nodded his head, and closed the door.

When he texted me an hour later, I was tempted not to reply.

'Lunch. 2pm. Meet me at Nyleong cafe. -JIYONG. X'

***

I wore a loose white dress with wooly leggings and a cardigan as I sat at the VIP unit of the cafe, waiting for him. He was twenty minutes late. Great.

Even though the uproar about my public kiss with GD had died down, people still recognized me. Fans still pointed. Grandmothers tutted. Guys avoided. It was simple, and I'd learned ignore it and get on with my life.

Staring at food going cold in front of me, I decided to nip to the restroom. I adjusted my hair and glossed my lips, and when two women entered the room, I automatically stepped into a cubicle. I didn't know why I did, but I did.

Its a good thing I did, too.

"You saw her, right? White dress and leggings?"

What was it with people talking about me?

The other girl smirked, and shuffled in her heels.

"What a "

"I know, right? Who the frick would go near her, yet date her?"

Normally, I'd brush these comments off. But I just sat and listened. Each word stung.

The two girls kept ing, oblivious to the fact that there was someone else in the bathroom. I needed to get back to the table. My phone buzzed.

'Where are you? -Jiyong'

I was halfway through texting him back when he barged straight into restroom and rapped on the door of the cubicle. The two girls nearly passed out at the sight of him.

"Omo..omoo.."

"Hey babe" He spoke directly to me. He was doing this on purpose.

He must have known what was going on. As I stepped out, he kissed me on the cheek and walked out with his hand around my waist. When we arrived in the hallway, he let me go.

"How did you know I was in there?"

"Where else would you be? Ya, you should stand up for yourself"

"I do"

"Didn't look like it"

He pulled out my seat, then sat down opposite me.

I sipped on grape juice.

Silence...

"You should...ignore..Seungri"

I realized he was mortally embarassed about what I'd heard earlier.

I didn't really know what to say. It got a little awkward.

"How is it?"

He pointed at my tummy, totally changing the subject.

"How do you think it's going?" I replied sarcastically. "I feel like a beach ball"

"The whole pregnancy thing looks good on you"

"What do you think I am? A fashion statement? This stuff is damn hard work"

I subconciously flirted with him throughout the whole duration of the meal.

Amber, what the hell!?

We talked about work, family, BIGBANG, America. Whenever Jiyong mentioned about the U.S, his eyes lit up like it was some sort of haven or something. I tried to burst his bubble, but it didn't work. He was totally fascinated with western culture. When we got onto the topic of fashion, the man would not stop talking.

My ears only picked up words like 'DOLCE, GABBANA, and VOGUE' but the rest was alien to me.

I just admired his face whilst my mind zoned out of the conversation. He was pretty handsome, actually.

The way he talked, with his hand movements, and crossed legs...His hair, flicked to the side as a fringe, and his lips...

I was seriously going delirious.

....

"It's in fashion, right?"

I snapped out of my daze. He was grinning at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Umm..yeah?" I had no clue of what he was talking about.

He's sussed me out.

"Do all pregnant women go air headed like you?" He reached out and tapped the side of my head.

Why did I feel so flustered?

*****

I made sure that his wallet was in my bag. Jiyong had left it at the restaurant the day before, and I was pretty sure he'd need it. So I made my way to Music Bank. I was in a rush so I tried to be as quick as possible.

It tried to enter in around the back of the venue. Security guards lined the outside. Aissht, I'd forgotten my ID card. I reluctantly walked into the main entrance, and saw Taeyang.

He gave me a bear hug and escorted me inside. Gosh the fans were loud. And rowdy.

I'd come just in time. GD had just walked on stage. I stood right at the back but he saw me.

I waved the wallet in the air to let him know that I had it.

He winked.

The crowd went manic.

Youngbae noticed all this, and started teasing me about it.

I smiled and ignored him.

When CRAYON started playing, people were jumping around all over the place. I'd seen night clubs more sedated than this.

I nearly got lost in the crowd, but Taeyang had a hood over his face and his arm firmly on my shoulder. I almost laughed. These VIPS were going crazy over BIGBANG, totally not realizing that they were rubbing shoulders with one of the members.

Sol had a concerned look on his face.

"Maybe we should leave"

I allowed him to pull me away from the stage. On our way to the back of the auditorium, a manic girl wearing a BIGBANG hoody and weilding a lightstick, pushed me out of the way with such force that I fell over. I guess she wanted a better view, at the cost of shoving a pregnant woman to the floor. Strain, impacted my head, my back and my front. I out. 

Everyone winced as Jiyong literally shouted my name into the mic. It blasted through the speakers. Something felt wrong, and before I knew it, there were tears in my eyes. I couldn't even sit up properly. The pain was so intense.

"Amber, can you hear me?" YoungBae held me, as my body went limp. He kept patting the side of my face.

"Stay with me, don't panic"

Jiyong was on the phone to the ambulance. He held my hand. The three of us were surrounded by apologetic-looking fans.

I wanted to murder them all.