Chapter 14

Nappies....and Jiyong.

When my waters broke, Jiyong shot from the bed like a bullet from a gun. I was flailing about too much to care. It felt like my legs were being shoved apart by inches at a time.

Amidst my high pitched yelling, He tried to keep his cool whilst my sister encouraged me to breathe properly. He was failing at it.

"IN...OUT...IN...OUT.." It wasn't helping. At all. My eyes were bloodshot. My fringe clung to my forehead, and my hands gripped the bedsheets so tightly that I thought my bones would break.

"IT HURRRTTTSSSS!!!!!!!!!!" It felt like some incredible force was pushing my legs apart by inches at a time. 

Gary bent down and spoke to me.

"Okay, dude, the ambulance is coming, you hear?" He spoke really softly.

I bit my bottom lip and looked across at GD, who stood next to Gary at the side of my bed. He was rubbing his arm which by then had red marks all over it. 

"You're coming, right?" I motioned to him. My lips quivered. It took me an enormous amount of energy not to start screaming again. 

My head jerked backwards as the feeling of razor knives jabbed at my lower half. 

"AAAAGHHFSAHJSDASAHGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" I desperately wanted to smash something.

Lena kept brushing my hair out of my face.

"Amber, you're doing so well, sweetie,"

Jiyong nodded, quietly. He was extremely white.

The ambulance pulled up outside the apartment block.

From then on, everything was rushed. I was carted me into the vehicle, with Lena. I grabbed Ji's hand, but he was stopped by one of the paramedics.

"You're gonna have to meet them at the hopsital" 

At that, he ran forwards and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll see you in a bit, beautiful"

***

"NNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

All the grace and ladylike aura I had once possessed disappeared within a matter of minutes. I found myself in an upper class maternity ward in the hospital, surrounded by a team of nurses. Lena held my hand. I really felt sorry for her. I must have been busting the blood vessels in her arm at the rate I was squeezing it. 

Where the hell was GD? I wanted him. I needed him.

The pain around my groin increased drastically. 

"AAAARRGGGGHHHH!"

All I could hear was the annoying tones of the nurses running to and fro around the room.

"Amber, stay calm"

"Amber deep breaths.."

"Amber, turn this way"

"Amber you're nearly ready to begin pushing"

I ing didn't want to know. I just wanted it all to be over with. But it just got worse.

The environment became slightly calmer when Doctor Kim entered the room. She gave me a huge smile, making me feel somewhat calmer whilst all hell broke loose in my abdomen. 

"Amber! You can do this! You're a strong woman, right?" Her- enthusiasm took me aback.

"Err...."

"Baby-HWAITING!" She stuck her hands in the air and moved in front of me.

"Let me take a look-" She inspected between my legs.

"Ok, You've now dilated to 10cm...Look at me Amber"

I did so. Sweat rolled down the side of my face.

"...Keep your eyes focused on me the whole time. We're gonna begin pushing now. One..Two..Three..."

I tried my best to push as hard as I could. But pushing a baby out of your lower half feels like the equivalent of pushing an elephant through a keyhole. 

Impossible.

I stared up at my sister. She kissed my hand.

"You can do it, babe"

"I CAN'T...I REALLY CAN'T-"

GD made me jump as he practically dived into the room. I partially sat up.

He looked at me, smiling.

"Its' over, right?!"

"CAN YOU SEE A FRICKING BABY?!" I screeched at him, unintentionally, but he took it lightly. 

"...Oh..."

A young nuse in uniform sped over to him, seeming slightly distracted by the fact that we was only wearing a the tuxedo jacket and trousers.

"And you are..?

He stared blankly at her.

"THE FATHER-" my voice was hoarse.

Dr Kim and Lena both looked at me. It was the only way he could stay in the room. GD suddenly realised what I was playing at and went along with it. 

"Umm..yeah..."

Clad with a delivery apron and shoe covers, he made his way over to me. He looked beyond stupid in that outfit. 

"How is she doing?" he questioned the Dr.

"Well, she hasn't got very far yet.."

GD stood next to me, supporting my back whilst my sister held my hand. 

"One...Two..Three..PUSH"

Those three hours were the worst three hours of my life. 

When the baby crowned, I felt like my entire being was going to give way. When I began screaming hysterically, Ji gently grabbed my face.

"Concentrate on me, okay? Swear at me, shout at me, whatever, I don't care, just keep looking at me" 

"Listen to him, Ambs" Lena was with the Doctor on the other side of me.

I pushed.

"I CAN SEE THE HEAD!!!" My Doctor suddenly turned into an excited little girl.

Time slowed down when I looked into Ji's orbs. The pain I was feeling minimized to a dull ache.

Tears filled his eyes. They fell onto my cheeks.

***

Dr Kim handed me a small, warm bundle.

"Isn't he gorgeous?"

He was. The little critter had a full head of hair, and deep brown eyes, flickered with hazel. His skin was a little lighter than mine, and his lashes were long. This dude had good genes, (played pretty well on my part). Oddly enough, when I held him, all the post natal aches in my body totally disppeared. 

As soon as my sister laid her eyes on him, the bags under her eyes seemed to dissipate. 

"Ohhhh.....Ohhh.." She was lost for words. Seeing such joy on her face left me grinning like an idiot. When I passed him to her, saltwater welled in her eyes. 

"He's..perfect..he's-"

"-Yours" I concluded.

She kissed his little face. Gary entered the room and gawped at the newborn.

"You're gonna have to teach him how to aim in the toilet when he's peeing" I laughed.

He bear-hugged me.

"Too right"

***

I had not seen Jiyong since the baby had been delivered. When I found him standing outside of the room, a part of me was relieved, but when I saw him crying my mood dropped. Why was he-

When he realized that I'd been staring at him for the past 5 minutes, he rapidly wiped his eyes and stood up. I could see the dragonball tattoo on his shoulder.

"...You okay?"

"..I'm fine"

"Pffftt...doesn't look like it" I folded my arms.

"How can you be so calm?...A couple of hours ago you were..."

"Wacking you and screaming at you?" I smiled.

"God, I've put you through so much pain, Amber"

"Huh? You helped me. If you hadn't been there-"

"I'm talking about before...with the press and my lies. Looking at you in so much pain made me realise...I'm such a d*ck. Causing you unecessary hurt. I'm really not good enough for you. Maybe I should just leave you be."

I pushed him against the wall and stared at him amusingly.

"Are you kidding?"

Within minutes my lips were on his. 

He held me tightly and kissed me back.