Questions

Deer x Fish

Something hit my head painfully. I moaned at the painful sensation as I rubbed my temples to massage away the pain.

“Is something wrong Mr. Lee?” asked our teacher, looking at me.

I don’t want to say that I got hit, instead I said. “No nothing. Sorry for the disturbance.”

I looked at the source even if I knew already who’s behind it. I can clearly see her glaring features shooting at me over the distance. She’s not sitting beside, yet I feel she’s just inches away from me.

Just then, I saw a thing at my desk. This is the thing she had thrown. It was maybe a rock wrapped with a paper. I began unwrapping the paper, just to see it was actually a note saying..

What’s with Jessica the last day?

Yoona continued to stare at me.

Just ignore her Donghae.

You don’t need to tell her remember?

She’s so stubborn to keep secrets.

She threw another note saying,

Dear Lee Donghae, I’m very mad at you. For being so secretive!

The note was laid with doodles depicting anger or everything.

Very Un-Yoona.

And then I realized,

Yoona didn’t write the second note.

It was Yuri’s

Another note fell into my head saying,

If you toss Yoona away, I would kill you.

I bit my lip and I imagined Yoona grinning at herself.

She must have tattled.

I took out my pen and began writing back.

I must forget Yoona this time. I must write back to Yuri.

Dear Yuri,

I’m not doing anything with the transfer student that is suspicious. In the first place Yoona and I are not…., anyway sorry for changing the subject .

I threw a note back to her. sending it hovering in the air. She looked satisfied upon reading this and sat hunched back to her seat.

Yuri actually thinks we’re together.

***

I winced as I rubbed my head in pain. I got bumped in the door when I got home. Yoona was right there behind me, laughing as I tried to ease the pain I’m feeling by pressing the injury.

“Next time around, watch where you’re going. You look like the fishes being sold in the market.”

She giggled nonstop, mocking me with her laughs. But I don’t mind her. On another day, I might have slapped her and threatened her regarding her food and our partnership. But no. it is like I am already used on what she is doing to me.

I fumed. I wonder if we succeed in the mission, would she still be my friend. If not, I would probably miss the chuckles and giggles she does everyday whenever I got into accidents. I will miss her firce glares that were enough to drive me nuts. I would miss everything about her.

If I lose her, it’s like losing the bestfriend I never had.

I shrugged the thought. Am I falling for her? Probably not! No! Impossible.

Yuri only.

“Donghae-ssi.” She said once we are already sitting on the dining room, eating the food I had prepared earlier in the night. “I wonder what shall we do now. It’s already summer break. A hard time trying to get close with Yul and Siwon.”

I just sighed. It’s summer vacation yet Yoona still wants our plan to be accomplished. Could she ever had herself a break?

Despite the fact that Siwon had dumped her the other week during her confession, she promised not to give up. After all, where else could she find the love of her life?

But it somehow makes me sad when Yoona keeps on dreaming. I knew well that SIwon don’t have interests on her. He seemed to have his eyes on the student council president.

“Maybe we should go in vacation instead.” I said. “Just to take a break.”

“I would go in that vacation if SIwon is there.”

I didn’t even have the opportunity to roll my eyes because the phone rang. The tiny communicator lay buzzing on the table. I reached for it and spoke.

“Yoboseyo?”

Then, I heard a shrug on the other line.

“Who’s this?” I said, growing impatient.

“It’s me.”

Then I recognized who it was. The cold voice everyone loves. And at the same time the cold voice Yoona hates.

“Jessica?”

I can almost imagine her rolling her eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked, confused on what this silly girl is up to. And where in the world did she get my number?

“I would like to invite you and the flounder to a vacation.”

“The flounder what?”

“Nothing. I just want to see you both in my summer villa. Hope you will be there.” Then I heard her fume. “Meet us on the train station. Siwon would be going and the black girl too.”

“You mean Yuri?”

“Oh Yes!” she said. “I’ll be expecting you especially you Hae.”

And the line disconnected, leaving me staring at it like it was a virus.

“Who is it?” Yoona asked, staring at me.

“Jessica.” I answered. “She invited us in her summer resthouse.”

She gritted her teeth. “That Chihuahua.”

Oh they have nicknames for each other.

“Will you go?” I asked.

“Of course. I can’t stand having a crack on that girl.” She commented. “Who are the others? I’m pretty sure Siwon is there too.”

Siwon again.

“Yuri too.”

Her face lightened up. “At least I have an acquaintance on slapping that Chihuahua.”

I smiled. “Maybe we could do our plans there. As well as enjoy.”

“How could we enjoy if Jessica was there?” She frowned. “Maybe if I had a chance on beating her, I would be happy.”

“Was that your happiness? Beating someone?”

For a second, I saw Yoona stare at me seriously. The question was not meant to hurt her or something. Some sarcasm only. “Of course not!”

“Then what could it be?”

“Friends.” She retorted, almost seriously.

“Like Yuri? Or Siwon?”

She looked up and met my gaze. Her big eyes was pretty as ever, glittering as the light shone to her face. “No. Like you.” She said and smiled at me.

Honestly, I felt like my heart was beating faster than normal. It’s not something I felt when Yuri was around. This is something peculiar. Am I really falling for her?

“You’re my bestfriend I think.” She continued. “You cooked food for me and helped me. And best of all, comfort me. My mother hadn’t even done that before. Even Yuri.” She paused for a breath. “You are the only one who make me feel I’m important.”

I can’t believed what’s happening. Yoona saying all those things?

“I wished Siwon is something like you.” She said. “But if ever we succeed, I hope our ways would never be separated.”

I smiled. My questions were answered. At least, we can still be friends no matter what happens.

***

 

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE