Cultural Festival Part Two

Deer x Fish

 

DONGHAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

 

 

Yoona has spent a lot of time with her father recently. Truth be told, it felt unusual not having Yoona in our house. She mostly comes home late at night as she had just eaten with her father on a famous restaurant. We seldomnly even have our late night chats by our room windows.

            One night though, two days before the Cultural Festival, Yoona opened her window just as I was going to knock.

            “Hey.” I greeted. “How’s the time with Appa?”

            Her eyes were downcast. “Fine. Quite happy.”

            “You’re not calling him a freakin geezer, are you?”

            She nodded.

            I smiled. That was answered enough. “Good girl. Honestly Yoona, I like this transformation of yours.” I said. “I am going to miss your vagrant-“

            “I’m moving away Hae.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “Moving?”

            She nodded weakly. “My father wants me to live with him so I must eave this apartment.”

            “You are still be in our school right?” I asked, trying to keep my voice from trembling.

            “Yes.”

            I smiled. “Then that’s good. We’re still be seeing each other again. Don’t worry I will still make you lunch.”

            She smiled back. “Thanks really.”

            “Mom would miss you.” I said.

            “I know.” She answered weakly. “Anyway good night you fish. Practice is early tomorrow.”

            She closed the window pane, the last to go was her sad eyes.

            Did I just see a tear?

 

 

***

 

The whole school was all out to prepare. Class 2-A were in charged of the decorating the gate. Chapter 2-B was on the flyers while us were for the hallway props not to mention our own booth.

            Eunhyuk scheduled practice before and after class. It’s a miracle that everyone cooperated. I have to admit, this is really fun. I have to make use of this time while I’m still with Yoona.

            Yoona was right beside me, walking towards the gym where we would conduct the practice. She seemed sad but whenever I ask why, she’ll just kick my . “Back off you fish!” she’d say.

            `I glanced at her once and she stared for a while at my eyes. “Dad’s going to watch the play.”

            “That’s good.” I commented.

            She shook her head vigorously. “Are you an idiot? If he watches the play, he will see that I’m a minion. I can’t afford him to see me as the play’s antagonist.”

            I noticed that she was clutching a golden box.

            “So what you will do? Trade roles with Jessica?”

            She grinned. “Exactly.” She ran towards the auditorium, her grip tightening on the golden box.

 

***

 

We were at the door, planning how we can bribe Jessica to trade places with Yoona. She seemed not to be the type to accept bribes but everything is possible.

            Especially with Yoona.

            We slowly approached Jessica, careful to have everyone else out of earshot. Jessica was there inspecting the stage we will use, her blond hair tied neatly in a ponytail.

            Yoona looked at me. “Stay hre and don’t move for ten minutes!” she said. “Don’t come in until I sort this out with the Stupid fridge.”

            She still hadn’t changed.

            “Hey Ice.” called Yoona, showing the yellow box.

            “Now what? Can’t you see I’m busy?”

            She handed down the box, smiling the brightest smile I have ever seen. Jessica raised an eyebrow.

            “What? You’re giving me a present?” she asked. “You must be up to something.”

            “No that’s not it.” denied Yoona. “Please take it.”

            Jessica did and opened the present. Inside is a box of obviously expensive chocolate. Her jaws hung open in amazement.

            “No way!” she exclaimed. “Isn’t this from a famous restaurant?”

            “I went with my father yesterday and I wanted to get you a present.”

            Jessica nodded. “My friends in modeling cant even get these. You’re a rich bastard!”

            “Eat!” ordered Yoona.

            “Right now? I usually eat chocolates with red tea-“

            “Whatever just eat some.”

            I sighed audibly. I was so enthralled by the conversation that I didn’t notice Yuri beside me.

            “Fine!” Jessica finally said and took a bite.

            Yoona grinned mirthlessly. “You ate one!”

            “It’s delicious!”

            “You ate it didn’t you?” asj\ked Yoona, still grinning. “Now you have to listen to me.”

            Jessica tried to take back what she ate by choking herself. She had just realized that there is something beneath that present. “What? You tricked me!”

            Yoona ignored her, eyes downcast. “Just once, please trade places with me during the play.”

            “Huh?”

            “I want to play a good character. My father is coming and I want him to see me in such a shape.” She explained. “I want him to be proud me.”

            “What?”

            Yuri her chin thoughtfully. “To think Yoona wants to be the protagonist..”

            Donghae nodded. “Yes. Her father is going to watch her. So she wants to be in the good side. You know about her family situation right? Recently, her father is trying to rebuild the lost relationship”

            Yuri thumped the wall with her foot outrageously. “What is that?”

            “Yuri?”

            “What the hell is that?” she repeated. “Don’t joke around.”

            She turned away but Donghae grabbed her wrist. “Why are yo mad all of a sudden?”

            “I have to wake Yoona up.” She said. “I have to tell her that her father’s not trustworthy. “

            My voice is beginning to rise. “Why do you have to say those cruel things? As her bestfriend, shouldn’t you be happy?”

            “Happy? Me? Why?” she answered, whirling back and glaring at me. “How can I be happy for my best friend when her father comes back to trick her? I can’t just stand by and watch a friend get hurt!”

            Meanwhile, Yoona is still persuading Jessica, unaware of the drama being played behind them.

            “Aren’t you going a bit over the top?” I exclaimed. “Don’t just start making conclusions when you have no idea what’s going on!”

            Jessica and Yoona took notice.

            “Yoona’s father is a good man!” I added.

            “You met him didn’t you?” she said, glaring at my slitted eyes. “How can you say that when you just met him? Did you not examine him when you saw him? Did you eyes didn’t look at him carefully?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Hey!” called Yoona, running towards us. “Cut it out you two.”

            Yuri was unperturbed. She walked away, with a sad look on her face.

 

***

 

I sat on a bench, my hair covering my entire expresionful face. How dare could Yuri say that? She wanted her friend to be happy right? Then why? Why?

            “I want to die.” I muttered.

            “Hey you that’s my spot.”

            I looked up to see Jessica. “What happened to Yuri?” I asked.

            “She went home.” She said casually.

            “Seriously?”

            She nodded. “I don’t see the point why you are so mad with the girl you like.”

            “It’s all her fault!” I said. “I cant believe she can say those things.”

            “Easy there.” She said, sitting beside me. “Even if you complain to me, I wont console you.”

            “I know.”

            She stood up, touching my left shoulder. “Now let’s go back and rehearse.”

            “But I just completely destroyed the atmosphere.”

            “No problem.” She slapped  y shoulder. “I’ve got your back.” She winked at me. “It’ll be alright if you go back with me.”

            “You really have changed.”

            “You can tell?”

            I gazed at her hand which is still on shoulder. “I want to change too. What should I do?”

            She slapped me once again. “Don’t ask me.. Figure it out yourself.” She started to walk away. “I wont cling to you like Yoona. But I will take the same path as you.” She smiled as she whirled back. “But I will always be ahead of you.”

 

***

 

 

“Donghae hurry up!” called Mom, biding for the food. “I’m so hungry.”

            My mom is a childish mom. Sometimes I think I’m older than her.

            “Sorry. I’m working on it.”

            She rested her head on the table. “I think Yoona is moving away soon.”

            How did she know?

            “Who told you that?”

            She looked up thoughtfully. “Hmm I think uh—“

 

It was really noisy outside so I took a look.

            “Throw away all the furniture!”

            He seemed to notice me. “Oh hello! I’m sorry for all the noise.”

            He said he was Yoona-ssi’s father and the apartment is too small for them tom live in there together.

 

Donghae’s grip tightened on the frying pan’s handle.

            “I see.”

            “Somehow, I think he’s a selfish father.” Mom commented. “Don’t you think so? He just comes back all of a sudden then-”

            “Why are you saying that too?” I said, my voice so loud. And then I realized she was my mother. “No. I mean. Isn’t it a good thing? I mean they’re going to live a new life in their new house.”

            Mom shook her head. “It’s not good at all! I will miss Yoona! She’s part of our family!”

            “Seriously..”

            “I don’t want to. Why didn’t Yoona talk to me about this?

 

 

***

 

I headed straight towards my bedroom after supper. Yoona is waiting in her window, her face still have those sadness.

            “What are we going to talk about tonight eh?” I decided on cherishing this. It might be our last time.

            “It’s about Yuri not me. You should apologize to her.”

            “I don’t think I said anything wrong.” I reasoned.

            “It’s not about who is wrong or not.” She said. “There are a lot of important things than that.”

 

 

 

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I UPDATED. PLEASE COMMENT.. ANYWAY, I HAVE A NEW YOONHAE FANFIC

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/77878/vampiric-fashion-statement-donghae-jessica-mystery-supergeneration-vampire-yoona-yoonhae