Within her Fragile Heart

Deer x Fish

“Where? Just where did we go wrong? Of all things to be misunderstood by Yuri and Siwon too.”

Yoona was seated in front of me.

Both of us were weak now.

I really should be used on this kind of hardships.

Like being misunderstood.

And being mistaken

Just what the world was I expecting.

“I’m sorry.” Began Yoona. “It’s because we’re sticking together like this.. that sort of things happened because I want it on my way. Even though I am calling you a mutt, I am still sorry and I care for you.”

Saying that sort of thing..

Aren’t she suffering the same way?

“I’ve decided.” She continued. “Tomorrow I’m going to confess to Siwon.”

I was entirely shocked.

“So I wont mess up anymore.” She said weakly. “I’ll do it up in front and try confessing normally.” She smiled at me. “So then, I’ll finally end things. I’ll put an end to this whole thing. So after this I will let you go. I will not do anything anymore, so you can do what you want. Regardless of how tomorrow goes, you don’t need to follow me anymore. After this day, that will end of your work as my dog eh fish. Tomorrow, we’ll be back to normal.”

I won’t have to follow her anymore?

“It’s strange.” I muttered.

“I didn’t really want to go here today.” She said within panting breaths. “But I don’t want to go home. Back to that house where I was alone. I’m really glad you’re here. I’m really clumsy after all. Living in that large condo unit by myself. I had a bad relationship with my parents and we were always fighting. So one day I said that I want to get out of their house. So I lived by myself in that apartment. Absolutely. No one came to see me.” She hugged her knees. “The most foolish thing I have done was to be stubborn and leave my parent’s house.”

Yoona’s story was really simple.

“I’m so stupid.”

It was the story of a poor abandoned child.

“You can laugh. I won’t get angry.”

Left behind in the castle.

I heaved out a fake laugh. “So clumsy.”

She joined me. “Right. I know.”

She gazed intently into my eyes. “You know as a dog, you’re simply hopeless but as a human you’re alright. You’re not an uninteresting guy. Rather than following me, I want us to be in even footing or something like that.”

***

It was nighttime and both of us were in the park bench.

“This is so unfair!.” She protested. “How can be the world be so cruel? Even though we’re troubled by a lot of things,.”

“That’s right! That’s right!” I agreed to her. “It’s like that they don’t understand that we feel bad too.”

“I’m so pissed.” Yoona snickered “Hey Donghae. Do you feel troubled when you think of Yuri? Why aren’t things going well or something?”

“Yeah.” I nodded weakly. “I do.”

“Well. Do you cry too?”

“I do.”

Yoona smiled at me.

And that was not fake.

It was enthusiastic.

“You’re really a nice guy.” And to my surprise se bursted into tears. “You’re the only one who understands me.” She head batted the lamppost. “No one else.”