Going to beat the truth

Deer x Fish

 

Donghae and Yoona went back to their home and was surprised to find out that Siwon had left. All traces of him was no longer present. As the two tried to think what had happened, Donghae’s mom came out from her room, with a frustrated look on her face.

“Mom? Why are you here? I thought you’re working?”

Umma rolled her eyes as if he expected such feedback. She twiddled her fingers. “Took a leave. When I noticed Siwon’s dyed hair.”

Donghae and Yoona flinched. That was the only answer they needed. Their eyes then flew to her hand. What she have in her fist was a jet black dye.

Allow me to repeat. A jet black dye.

“You mean?” Yoona raised an eyebrow to Umma. “Siwon left because of that.”

Umma nodded. “I tried to dye his hair back to normal but he ran away. You know, he was a huge guy so I had troubles keeping him. Damn. And with that, he escaped, running away still with blond hair.”

Donghae fumed. After all, what could he expect? Siwon was starting to be more rebellious from time to time.

Something was happening here. And he seemed to know what it is.

 

***

Tiffany packed a few of her things to her luggage. She was heading to US by Monday and she had to be ready for that. Her best friend, Hyoyeon was giving her hand on the packing.

“Is this final Fany?” she asked. “You were really going?”

Tiffany just nodded. She won’t dare to miss this chance. This a once in a lifetime opportunity. A chance to study in the States? Who would reject that?

“Of course I will Hyo. I won’t allow myself to miss it.”

“But the school? I mean you’re the best student council president ever! Would you be strong enough to leave it?”

Tiffany sighed. She’d been answering that question for the millionth time. “Someone good is there to take my part.”

“Who? Siwon? Are you serious? He’s gone off crazy now, saying that he want to die. Don’t you think he can handle the school well in that state?”

Tiffany sighed again. What’s more to say?

“And I heard that Yoona will be running.” Hyoyeon continued. “A delinquent leading the school sounds bad.”

Tiffany scowled and it resembled a mushroom in a game Hyoyeon had played during boring nights. She clenched her jaw and grinned mildly. “I know Siwon won’t allow that. I trust him.”

 

***

Siwon was walking in the streets with his hood partly concealing his newly-turned blond hair when someone in their school uniform cuffed him by the hands. He looked through just to realize it was actually Eunhyuk and Leeteuk, with an odd facial expression painted in their faces.

“Eh?”

The two puffed their eyes as if asking for something then said. “Siwon please run for us. If you won’t, then Yoona would lead the school.”

Siwon already knew their motive. “No!” and with that, he ran away leaving Eunhyuk and Leeteuk staring at the roads.

“Do you think DOnghae would still pay us?” asked Eunhyuk while his stomach churned.

Leeteuk snickered. “I think not. After all we failed. “ And his stomach churned too. “Well I’m hungry. Let’s eat.”

“Good idea. And after that. Let’s convince Siwon again.”

 

***

 

“Vote for me. If you don’t, you’re dead.” Yoona exclaimed as she made that ridiculous but scary face to the public. “

The students held their breath. But it gasped as soon as they noticed someone behind them, with a blond hair.

Siwon, carrying his school bag and wearing his school uniform.

“It’s Siwon!” one students said.

“He said he’s quitting the student council and won’t participate. So that’s why Yoona is running for it.”

Yoona tried to look calm but at the same time fierce. She thumped her foot to call their attention. “If any of you try to get on my way, I will have no mercy!”

Eunhyuk and Leeteuk now will do their job. “No way!”

“If the deer would become the president, our school life is ruined.” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

Leeteuk cuffed both hands on his mouth. “Someone help! Isn’t there a brave soul to help us?”

And with the word, everybody turned to Siwon who was there looking startled.

“Oh right Siwon should run.”

“Why? Isn’t he?”

“We’re begging you. Help us!”

“At this rate our highschool life would be ruined.”

Yoona smiled at Donghae. All proceeds according to plan.

***

Miss Taehee called both Donghae and Yoona to the principal’s office. After what they’ve done all this day. What do you expect?

“A Plan to get Siwon back?” Miss Taehee asked, when all was explained to her.

“Yes since everyone will be troubled with Yoona, there’s no choice other than for him to run.”

Taehee considered it for a moment. “So in other words, if Siwon gets elected, he’ll revert back to his old self?”

“We’re not the only ones who think that.” He said. “I talked to everyone in the class in the phone last night. They said they’ll help out. “

“So that’s the drama before was about.” Taehee thought for a while. “So what if he refuses? If no one files other candidacy petition, then Yoona would truly become the president.”

Yoona spoke. “Siwon wasn’t the kind of person that would sit back and watch.”

The teacher sighed. “All right. Come to the office later. I’ll teach how to us the printer. You need to make posters and flyers right?”

Donghae and Yoona looked at each other. “Yes!”

 

 

***

 

And so Yoona and Donghae did their best to campaign. The two others, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk still had done their best to convince Siwon. Kneeling, pleading and even singing in front of him. Name it and they had done all although none seemed to come successful.

And so five days passed and still no result.

“He is so stubborn.” Commented Donghae. “I thought it would work after all those efforts. And there’s only one day left.”

“Can’t we come up with another plan?”

“I don’t know. I have no idea what’s going on.”

And sudden;y the phone rang. Donghae stood to pick it. He put it near his ear and answered. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hello? Is this Donghae?”

“Yeah?”

“Sorry because I never talked to you before. I’m Hyoyeon from the student council” the other person said.

Yoona busied herself in playing the dice while Donghae was still talking over the phone.

“Oh I see. Thank you for the information.” And he hung up, as he went back to sit.

“Who is it?” she asked, curious than ever.

Donghae clenched his fist and stood without even bothering to answer. He walked rapidly out of the room.

“Hey where are you going?”

He looked at her and that was the first time she saw the glare in his eyes everyone feared. “I was going to beat that out of Siwon.”