Weird

Deer x Fish

 

Are you jealous? Aren’t you feeling guilty?

Yuri remembered each word Jessica said to her the other day. She was feeling less cocky by now. After all, the statement strucked her as if it’s the exact kendo sword Yoona used in the fight with Tiffany.

She was there standing, holding the bat. They kept missing and that’s all because of her.

“Don’t you think Yuri-unnie is acting weird?” asked Sulli to Krystal who was watching the game. “I mean she is always weird in nature but don’t you think she’s spacing out than usual.”

“Yeah. I guess so.”

Yuri stood mightily, squinting to get a better position. She have to hit that ball or they will lose.

And no one wants to be a loser.

The pitcher from the other tea threw the ball and she swung the bat.

She really did but it wasn’t enough. She didn’t hit the ball and it fell directly to their opponents hands.

They lost.

***

Yoona was humming a Christmas tune as she and Donghae paced the sidewalk to buy some food.

“The year end sale is coming up.” Donghae said to no one in particular as Yoona continued to sing some sort of English song. “I’ll buy every thing we need and I can wash the dishes.”

He was now imagining rows of plates. “That would be awesome.”

“No! No! you’re approaching it the wrong way. Christmas is Christmas. We need to enjoy!”

“Huh?”

Yoona clapped her hands in delight. “I need to be a good girl now. He must be flying in the skies of Korea now, distributing his lavish gifts.”

“Who?”

She glared at him as if he’s an idiot for asking. “Do you really need to ask who? Santa Claus.”

Donghae frowned. Yoona is seventeen. Clearly. SEVENTEEN. And yet she still believes with that nonsense.

“Huh?”

Yoona grabbed the plastic bag. “Now give me that! I’m the one who will carry it!”

Donghae was shocked. He never saw Yoona in this state of mood. Perhaps, Christmas really have that effect to people.

“Are you really okay?”

A family then passed by, with a toddler waddling between the two parents. Yoona spared a glance. There was real sadness in her eyes.

“What’s wrong?”

“You know.” She answered, turning around. “I love Christmas.”

“I know you love it but why are you are acting weird.”

“Is there a further reason to like Christmas.”

Donghae sighed. I like her better like this. It should be always Christmas.

“The street decorations were sparkling.” She finally explained. “And everyone seemed happy.”

She took a doughnut from the bag and took a bite.

“Hey you’re going to spoil your dinner.”

“Yah I know.” She said through mouthful of bread.  “That’s why I’m only eating one.”

Donghae smiled. “We’re going to celebrate the end of your suspension tonight so we’ll be doing yellowtail party tonight.”

Yoona smiled but it quickly withered. “So?”

“Hmmm?”

“During my suspension, have you and Yuri gotten closer?”

He was silent for a moment.

“What? No progress?”

He nodded.

“Such a fool. I gave you a chance and you missed it.”

“It’s not that easy!” he protested.

But she was gone, running away to home.

Tiresome.

***

“Wow Yoona is here!”

And Donghae and Yoona was instantly surrounded by students, cheering and ranting.

“Uh?” asked Donghae, raising an eyebrow.

“Yoona you’re the best!” shouted one.

“We became your fans after the battle.”

“You’re really awesome.”

“You fought the boss for your love. That was just amazing.”

Yoona grinned to herself. She raised her finger. “Quiet!” she hissed. “That battle caused a lot of trouble and hardship but still the victor stands.” She raised a fist this time. “And therefore, since I’m still standing here, I’m the victor!”

The chattering continued.

Well, this was not surprising. After all, Yoona really did a good fight.

Yoona was doing an evil laugh when Donghae dragged her away from the crowd.

She’s getting to be embarrassing from time to time.

***