Realizations

Deer x Fish

 

The five quickly ventured towards the stone cave where, as Jessica says is a ghost sanctuary. It has nothing but compiled rocks in it. Maybe some screaming bats but apart from those it's totally boring.

 

“This is it?” mused Yoona. “Boring.”

 

“Boring? It's scary!” objected Jessica.

 

“What's scary with a pile of rocks? And besides ghost aren't real!”

 

Jessica just told herself to shut up and avoid debating with Yoona. After all, debating with her would never help herself away from shaking from fear.

 

They entered the cave without any word aside from Yoona who kept on insisting that ghosts aren't real until Donghae told her to shut up.

 

“Shut up about being insistent. You're not even helping.”

 

And that kept shut for the whole five minutes.

 

They were nearly on the middle of the journey to the end of the cave when Yoona finally spoke. “Guys I think we should divide ourselves into groups.”

 

Everyone cocked an eyebrow towards her, questioning.

 

“I mean,” she reasoned. “We won't find anything if we were wasting time being with each other. Two groups would let us find what we are looking for a lot easier. And besides, “ She pointed forward. “There are two ways.”

 

It was true and the suggestion made sense. There before them were two pathways, divided by another pile of rock. It was just like a mini cave. As the quote would go. Divide and conquer.

 

Siwon scratched his chin. “She has a point. What about we group each others.” He felt silent, thinking. “Me, Yuri and Jessica perhaps then Yoona and Donghae.”

 

“What?!” objected Yoona, who was none too pleased. “I will be with Yuri.”

 

“Alright. Me and Jessica. Yuri, Donghae and you. Fair enough?”

 

“No!” screeched Yoona, now becoming too obvious. “Err.. I mean, what about you, me and Yuri and Donghae goes with Jessica?”

 

Donghae felt a lump in his throat so Yoona wanted this to happen after all, to pair herself with Siwon. Is it possible she was behind this whole affair?

 

“That sounds great! At least Jessica learns to socialize with others excluding me but that would work out if I include you to their group.”

 

“No!” Another objection. “I mean, I need you in my group because you're the most knowledgeable in ghosts.” She then whispered to herself. “I don't want two in my group.”

“I heard that! I'm not .” Donghae complained. He wondered right now why she had not let Yuri to be paired up with him. Such a crazy stubborn girl. She just said last night they were bestfriends yet she's not helping him.

 

Then he remembered what she said. Unless me and Siwon can successfully progress.

Ill be between you and Yuri.

***

 

 

Donghae walked to the right side without uttering much of a word. Well how can you say something when the person in your side was actually the most despicable person you know.

 

When they were already far away from those other guys, Donghae heard her chuckle. “Those fools, did they really believe those stuff?”

 

“What?”

 

She laughed once more. “I mean the whole ghost thing. Such an idiot!”

 

“So you mean? You orchestrated everything?”

 

She nodded vigorously. “Yeah and what's more everything proceeds directly to plan!”

 

Plan?

 

“What about the thing Yuri saw?”

 

Jessica gritted her teeth. “I have nothing to do with that girl's screaming thing.” She clapped her hands in delight. “I just worsen the whole affair and besides there are no ghosts.”

 

Donghae took a long sigh. This is Jessica after all. The world's drama queen. “So what about you screaming earlier?”

 

“It's part of my plan!”

 

“Your plan?”

 

“To take you here with me.” Jessica then leaned on to him, touching his chest. “Alone.”

 

Donghae frowned. “Alone? And why do you want that?”

 

“Because I like you. And I know you like me too.”

 

He gulped. What was this girl was saying?

 

“Like you?”

 

Jessica seemed amused. “Oh come one. Don't pretend that you don't.” She leaned closer, as if to press her lips into his but Donghae staggered backwards, avoiding her. “Now what? You don't want to kiss me? All boys wanted to.”

 

I'm not going to have first kiss with you. It's going to be with Yoo-.. No! DONGHAE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?.

 

Donghae bit his lower lip, not believing he actually thought of that. “Not me. I'm not like most people.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes. “I can't believe you just rejected me. I mean all the boys can't do that.”

 

And then they heard Yoona scream.

 

***

 

 

Donghae ran back to where they came from and turned to where Siwon's group had trailed to. Only one question was in his mind.

 

What happened to Yoona?

 

He doesn't know why he was immediately alerted. He never felt that response before. Not even with his mother. All he knew is that he won't let something to Yoona.

 

He was even much preoccupied that he forgot Jessica was with him. She even stumbled on the way but he cared less. Yoona is much more important.

 

***

 

 

Jessica just can't understand what was happening.

 

A guy rejected her. And as it happened it was the guy she have a crush on.

 

She had always have that affection to Donghae ever since after that cleaning thing in the school. She always thought she would get him when Yoona's out of the way.

 

But no! She totally failed.

 

And what's more, when he heard her scream, he quickly ran back, not caring if she stumbled or what.

 

He really do love her.

***

 

 

Arriving to whence they heard the scream, they saw Yoona kneeling. She had cut in her ankle which was bleeding carelessly along the piece of cloth bandaged to it.

 

Donghae quickly ran down to her to check if she was okay. He cupped her face to see if she was crying too but no. She was smiling.

 

I really know you would come when I will scream. I really have that charm.”

 

Donghae blushed and let go of her face. “What happened?” He asked, avoiding her gaze.

 

Yoona stumbled to a rock.” Siwon explained. “It's a good thing Yuri was there to catch her. If not, her head might have been injured too.”

 

Donghae sighed in relief. “Next time. Be careful.” He held her injured foot and squeezed the blood from it, making Yoona scream. He smiled. “You're cute when you're in pain.”

 

Yoona blushed.

 

Wait. I'm injured too.” interjected Jessica.

 

Siwon and Yuri came to her and aided her.

 

But Jessica is not doing that to gain their attention.

 

It was to gain his attention.

 

***

 

They decided not to pursue the ghost anymore, if there's any. Enjoying their vacation was the priority now but they won't deny it that the ghost had done them a big thing.

 

Thanks to the ghost and their friendship grew another notch.

Especially Yoona and Donghae's